Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts need Richard Sherman

2 hours ago, Hoose said:

I think this is accurate except for the implied suggestion that Sherman would grade out well once again this year. He was a step slow out there last year and it showed. It’s not just $ or waiting for the right situation that is keeping him from getting signed. I agree that any team that does sign him gets a coach on the field…… I just don’t want him to be doing that with the Colts. And as you said, he won’t be. 

You keep pushing over and over that he was a step slow and it showed.   Except I believe he graded out higher than Rhodes.   I think his grade was in the mid to upper 70’s.   That’s not too terrible. 

I’m not recommending we sign him.  I think Ballard wants to see what he’s got.  But if Rhodes got hurt and Sherman was available, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us pull the trigger. 

• 5 weeks later...

NFL.com article on the arrest:

https://www.nfl.com/news/richard-sherman-arrested-burglary-domestic-violence-charge-denied-bail

"According to Redmond police, when officers arrived Sherman was outside of the house. Per police, Sherman allegedly was not compliant and got into an altercation with officers. A K9 dog was deployed and he was soon after taken into custody, per police."

4 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Actually...Richard Sherman needs a lawyer more than the Colts need Richard Sherman. Just got busted for domestic violence.

It seems like a really odd situation, especially with the domestic violence part considering all reports have stated so far that nobody was injured in the incident. The big hurdle at the moment is that Sherman is his own agent and isn't with a team, so there isn't the level of communication that there typically can be with player arrests. I'm interested to see how this unfolds as more details come out. It's definitely something that seems out of character for Sherman.

16 minutes ago, Shive said:

It seems like a really odd situation, especially with the domestic violence part considering all reports have stated so far that nobody was injured in the incident. The big hurdle at the moment is that Sherman is his own agent and isn't with a team, so there isn't the level of communication that there typically can be with player arrests. I'm interested to see how this unfolds as more details come out. It's definitely something that seems out of character for Sherman.

Does the hit and run seem out of the ordinary too?

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

He's being held without bail in an area that give $500 bail for someone burning down a store. There's a lot more to it than we know.

I saw an article stated that for any domestic abuse case in that area, they don't give bail until after they have seen a judge. So it's more of a policy thing that's holding him up until he sees the judge which is scheduled for Thursday 

15 hours ago, Shive said:

It's definitely something that seems out of character for Sherman.

I said earlier he didn't strike me as a likeable dude. I not saying DV is anyone's character (though I suppose it is some) or Sherman's, but his character was that of a guy like Conner McGreggor. An out of control ego maniac. It's funny until it's not and if you've seen it go wrong, it's just a red flag. Sherman always presented himself with this potential- anger isn't good.

Sherman was released from jail and has to appear in court today.  He is charged with misdemeanors, not felonies. Whatever happens, the Colts don't need him.  I doubt any team would be interested at this point. Well, maybe the Cowboys.......

I don't know what exactly started all of this with him, but the couple of incidents all of a sudden involving binge drinking (DUI/hit and run, and now this), the suicidal ideations, and violently attempting to break into his in-laws' house tells me that he needs help. Whether its' a substance abuse or another mental health issue, he needs some professional help.

That may very well seal the end of Sherman's NFL career though.

1 hour ago, Shive said:

I don't know what exactly started all of this with him, but the couple of incidents all of a sudden involving binge drinking (DUI/hit and run, and now this), the suicidal ideations, and violently attempting to break into his in-laws' house tells me that he needs help. Whether its' a substance abuse or another mental health issue, he needs some professional help.

That may very well seal the end of Sherman's NFL career though.

There is no other way this fall from grace can be explained, IMO. Kind of like how Antonio Brown went from elite WR to problem child over the span of a year. 

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

There is no other way this fall from grace can be explained, IMO. Kind of like how Antonio Brown went from elite WR to problem child over the span of a year. 

Eh. I think AB was a known basket case, but Tomlin did a great job keeping him in line. I remember Ryan Clark's story about how if Mike Wallace wasn't going to take the big contract they were offering him, they'd offer it to AB. Clark said he told one of the coaches (or maybe it was someone in the FO) that if they give AB that contract, they'll be creating a monster. They gave it to him, and that's exactly what happened.

His best bet is to not be in the NFL, not be the center of attention for some time. The issues he's showing don't get better with more money/fame/accolades. Those things say "things are good"- even though we can see he's not doing well.

Lot's of people stick up for him, so it's on him to not let those folks down, I suppose. 

I'm not changing my opinion (as if anyone cares) in total, but I will hope he gets out of the funk. 

On 7/14/2021 at 3:45 PM, ColtJax said:

He's being held without bail in an area that give $500 bail for someone burning down a store. There's a lot more to it than we know.

I guess he should have burned down a store instead...

Archived