Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Michael strachan is going to be a dawg!!

Rolltide_gocolts

3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

TY will be on the pines a lot. 

Could be, but really depends on the game plan. I think he'll get plenty of snaps, but if Campbell is healthy and they work him on the outside, TY will lose those Z snaps. On the other hand, if we're using Eason for an extended period, and doing a lot of dink/dunk, we might be leaning a lot towards bigs.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Reported that Strachan had another one handed grab that was called highlight worthy yesterday.

He already had one of those last week against great coverage by Rhodes. Hope they post a video of yesterday's catch. 

So when are we going to establish the Michael Strachan fan club? 

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'm personally waiting till he gets his first regular season TD lol...

Still early, but I think I've seen more hype written by the media on him than any Colts WR thus far.

The depth chart is pretty good indicator that he'll likely make the 53. That's pretty good at this stage given all of our WRs are healthy, unlike years before. I've been saying for a while, I think the battle is really for the 6th spot, and is likely between Harris and Dulin.

Just now, EastStreet said:

Looked like good coverage there too. 

Hard to defend that. Just like the one against Rhodes. I think the one last week was a bit better.

He is also beating our best corners in one on one. I think all he needs is to learn the nfl game. Maybe we can use him In the red zone until he learns the game better. Really impressed with his interviews too. There is something different about this kid then some of the others like Cain and Fountain.

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Still early, but I think I've seen more hype written by the media on him than any Colts WR thus far.

The depth chart is pretty good indicator that he'll likely make the 53. That's pretty good at this stage given all of our WRs are healthy, unlike years before. I've been saying for a while, I think the battle is really for the 6th spot, and is likely between Harris and Dulin.

Yep... he seems to be checking a lot of boxes so far. He won't jump to starting role from one camp, but it's very encouraging that he seems to be WR5 before they've even played a single game, when you consider that the top 4 slots are pretty much taken by default. 

18 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'm a huge fan of Zac Pacall, Hines was a huge asset as the season went on last season. My gosh Jonathon Taylor looks like Emmitt Smith with considerably more speed. Okereke is going to come on strong IMO, and Pittman made big, great looking plays considering Rivers limitations.
 Grover is ready for his best year yet, along with Lewis, Banogu, Speed, and Turay. Kwity is going to be a baller!!
  Granson and Strachan fan clubs will start by the end of 5 games. 
   We could start 1-4 then go 9-3. But there is going to be some good hard nosed games to watch. 

7 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

I'm a huge fan of Zac Pacall,

Same... he's been very good find for virtually nothing. I'm still not sure it's great that he's our WR2 or 3 now. Ideally I would want him to be our WR4/5. 

Hines was a huge asset as the season went on last season.

Hines is an interesting and diverse weapon. I like him. He's valuable to this offense. 

My gosh Jonathon Taylor looks like Emmitt Smith with considerably more speed.

I love Taylor's running style. I've said about Mack before that he leaves yards on the field. There's nothing of the sort with Taylor - he gets every damn inch you give him and then some. Can't wait to see how he develops over the next several years. 

Okereke is going to come on strong IMO,

I was huge fan of him coming out of college. He did really well in his rookie year. He has all the tools and athleticism to be a great sideline to sideline LB, similar to Leonard. Needs to do better than he was last year, though. 

and Pittman made big, great looking plays considering Rivers limitations.

Pittman made a lot of YAC plays. I never would have imagined he had that in his repertoire. He also struggled in some of the areas I expected him to be great at... lets hope he puts it all together this season. 

Grover is ready for his best year yet,

Grover is so steady. I love it. 

along with Lewis, Banogu, Speed, and Turay. Kwity is going to be a baller!!

Hope so... some of those really need to pan out in the coming year(s). 

Granson and Strachan fan clubs will start by the end of 5 games. 

:cheers:

We could start 1-4 then go 9-3. But there is going to be some good hard nosed games to watch. 

There is a ton of interesting intrigue to watch on this team. A lot of young talent with a lot to prove at WR, DE, CB... Wentz with a lot to prove. Fisher with a lot to prove after injury... there are storylines throughout the whole roster that will be very interesting to watch this year. 

On 8/9/2021 at 6:14 PM, EastStreet said:

I just think we have better options on the outside. I don't see a better "big" option than Pittman or Strachan, as they both play to their size, and are very fast for their size. Granson is a couple inches shorter, and not near as fast. And let's not forget, one of the bags on Granson is his hands. He still has to prove himself to me in that area. 

I'll be perfectly happy if Granson is effective on crossers, etc. in the middle, and some H-back type plays.

Nothing wrong with Granson hands he only had one bad game and people run with a false narrative

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Reported that Strachan had another one handed grab that was called highlight worthy yesterday.

He already had one of those last week against great coverage by Rhodes. Hope they post a video of yesterday's catch. 

I'm loving this when your 7th rd WR is tearing it up, your gonna find out real quick who else wants a spot. Ballard preaches competition and this year will be some of the toughest decisions yet. Hard not to carry 4 rbs, WR is tight, and who gets the boot on the Dline. I'd hate to be Ballard. #goodproblems?

6 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Moncrief is out of the league, Fountain is with the Chiefs.  Moncrief disappointed every team he signed with

I'm aware, but I still don't lump him with fountain, Carter, Cain,grid Whalenor darixk Rodgers as he atleast had success a couple of seasons and was not undrafted or a late round pick. 3rd round is mid round

51 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You may be right about WR #6. I'm still watching Patmon for that last slot, though. His being on the 53 man squad all last year speaks volumes about what the top brass thinks of his potential. Dulin is no longer the only quality gunner on STs. I'd bet the last spot comes down to Patmon or Harris. 

28 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Nothing wrong with Granson hands he only had one bad game and people run with a false narrative

i rewatched the highlights. IIRC, it wasn't just the cinci game. the cinci game was horrible (4 drops), but he had juggling issues in other games. one of the reviews commented on hand-eye coordination issues. only time will tell. 

53 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yep... he seems to be checking a lot of boxes so far. He won't jump to starting role from one camp, but it's very encouraging that he seems to be WR5 before they've even played a single game, when you consider that the top 4 slots are pretty much taken by default. 

It's just super refreshing to have two capable Xs with size and speed. We went so many years without even one.

23 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I'm loving this when your 7th rd WR is tearing it up, your gonna find out real quick who else wants a spot. Ballard preaches competition and this year will be some of the toughest decisions yet. Hard not to carry 4 rbs, WR is tight, and who gets the boot on the Dline. I'd hate to be Ballard. #goodproblems?

yup, good problems. 

not sure we need to carry 4 rbs this year. 

gonna be interesting.

3 minutes ago, Hoose said:

You may be right about WR #6. I'm still watching Patmon for that last slot, though. His being on the 53 man squad all last year speaks volumes about what the top brass thinks of his potential. Dulin is no longer the only quality gunner on STs. I'd bet the last spot comes down to Patmon or Harris. 

I just don't think you keep more than two true Xs (MP and MS), when you're also keeping a tweener X/slot like Pascal too. Just think you need to keep another z/slot guy to go along with Campbell and TY. Harris is tiny, and Dulin could really project as a tweener too. 

1 hour ago, BlackTiger said:

Moncrief is out of the league, Fountain is with the Chiefs.  Moncrief disappointed every team he signed with

Moncrief was released by the Texans a couple weeks back, I wouldn't say he's out of football. Someone will pick him up at some point.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

i rewatched the highlights. IIRC, it wasn't just the cinci game. the cinci game was horrible (4 drops), but he had juggling issues in other games. one of the reviews commented on hand-eye coordination issues. only time will tell. 

It's just super refreshing to have two capable Xs with size and speed. We went so many years without even one.

yup, good problems. 

not sure we need to carry 4 rbs this year. 

gonna be interesting.

I just don't think you keep more than two true Xs (MP and MS), when you're also keeping a tweener X/slot like Pascal too. Just think you need to keep another z/slot guy to go along with Campbell and TY. Harris is tiny, and Dulin could really project as a tweener too. 

I guess Wilkins could be the odd man out, I don't believe he has a role on ST. Rams will sign his * quick if they're smart.

7 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I guess Wilkins could be the odd man out, I don't believe he has a role on ST. Rams will sign his * quick if they're smart.

Wilkins actually played 30% of ST's snaps last year. I'm not sure I've ever heard his name called on STs though. Perhaps he's the blocking RB that's in on punting plays. 

7 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

At the 0:07 mark of this video (first game last season) you can clearly see (jersey #20) he was one of the two initial blockers after Campbell caught the kickoff and started to run.

7 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I typically don’t buy into training camp hype. Still not but he is making some good highlights.  The preseason will tell us how good he really is. Hope the kid has a good career

I done put  much into it yet either. Watching these videos they are not going full  speed. The intensity just isn’t like it is in a game.

At this point, I think it comes down to Dulin versus Patmon for the 6th spot. Dulin is good at Special Teams but has yet to establish that he is a capable NFL WR.  With additions elsewhere on the roster that play special teams like the twin safety's Sean & Shawn Davis as well as Malik Jefferson at linebacker I think Dulin may end up on the PS with Patmon earning the 6th spot since Patmon seems to be the better WR......

41 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

At this point, I think it comes down to Dulin versus Patmon for the 6th spot. Dulin is good at Special Teams but has yet to establish that he is a capable NFL WR.  With additions elsewhere on the roster that play special teams like the twin safety's Sean & Shawn Davis as well as Malik Jefferson at linebacker I think Dulin may end up on the PS with Patmon earning the 6th spot since Patmon seems to be the better WR......

Just curious. What exactly has Patmon done to "seem to be the better WR"?

And do you really think we'll keep 3 true X type WRs, plus a tweener X like Pascal (keeping only two Z/traditional-slot guys)

23 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Imagine if this dude ends up being the best rookie WR. Paye very well could be the best DE. If this materializes Ballard will be a draft legend. I want to be hesitant but damn 17 looks special.

There were very good WRs taken in the first round. Some that could be our #1 option now.  I highly doubt he will be the best WR in the draft.  I do think it’s possible he could develop into a solid contributor that provides valuable depth for this team.  This offense does spread the ball around so he has every opportunity to carve out a spot on the roster for himself. 

11 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

There were very good WRs taken in the first round. Some that could be our #1 option now.  I highly doubt he will be the best WR in the draft.  I do think it’s possible he could develop into a solid contributor that provides valuable depth for this team.  This offense does spread the ball around so he has every opportunity to carve out a spot on the roster for himself. 

The eye test shows me he as good as anyone on this roster. Seems to me he just needs to master book. Man when he came in talking I was like cmon man...but he has backed it all up. I personally think Pittmans intimidated and dropping passes like damn I'm #2 now!

He could be like what Travis Fulgham was for the Eagles last year. A late round pick that shows up. And we know Wentz loves those bigger bodies on the perimeter. Only Strachan is bigger and more athletic (albeit he played at a lower level in college). Really looking forward to seeing him play this weekend.

Archived