Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Julio to the Titans (MERGE)

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Davis will have over 1000 and easily, 800 lmao and that is with a rookie throwing him the ball. Julio won't come close to 1400 yards, they are a run first offense. Julio may have around 1000 and it was a good pickup for the Titans but quit acting like the dude is 28 years old and Randy Moss.

Yea a top 3 receiver in the league in a run first offense will get 1400 yards lmao. If he can get 1500 yards with ATL running the ball 28 times a game he’ll get it with Tennessee doing it 32 times a game

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, runthepost said:

Yea a top 3 receiver in the league in a run first offense will get 1400 yards lmao. If he can get 1500 yards with ATL running the ball 28 times a game he’ll get it with Tennessee doing it 32 times a game

If he gets 1400 yards or more I will change my avatar to Julio Jones, that will never happen with the Titans.

Julio Jones has had many injuries throughout his career. It would be bad for the Titans if he injured himself once again and missed several games. 

Maybe one way to keep Titans' fans quiet is for the Colts to sweep them. I would be happy if that happened. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You can come up with something better than that lmao . Davis missed 2 games. He played 5 more games and I posted the stats on the Leonard thread that explains everything including games played. I bet Davis has a better year statistically with a rookie QB on the Jets than Jones does, care to bet? Getting rid of Davis was stupid to put it bluntly so they had to do something, Keyshaw Johnson agrees with me and he loves Jones. I think Johnson knows a thing or 2 about WR's since he was one and he was good and won a SB.

Yes absolutely.  What do you want to bet?

20 hours ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

That won't be good enough to be a Super Bowl Contender and Tennessee just got a whole lot better. We let our edge rushers go and replaced them with draft picks one of which may not even play next year. How do you think that will go. The answer to your question is that I don't expect Wentz and this core of receivers to do that well. Mack may not play either. Wentz was the worst starting QB in the NFL last year. You are expecting a massive leap. I sure hope you are right and I will be rooting right with you but that receiver group is way below par.

You seam to have No/Zero Clue to the Philly receiver story in 2020.
  I watched Manning throw 26 Int. his 1st year. The Worst Ever!
   If memory serves he went 13-3 year 2 and was 6-10 year 3 or 4. 
  Did he really regress/Suck during that 6-10 season? Or were there reasons.
   We easily have 8-9 good guys to attack D's with in the passing game.
  I don't think you are mentally prepared (in June) to enjoy the ride.
   Learn & Live! Knock on would & rub a horse shoe for health, as we are going to outscore them.

20 hours ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

That won't be good enough to be a Super Bowl Contender and Tennessee just got a whole lot better. We let our edge rushers go and replaced them with draft picks one of which may not even play next year. How do you think that will go. The answer to your question is that I don't expect Wentz and this core of receivers to do that well. Mack may not play either. Wentz was the worst starting QB in the NFL last year. You are expecting a massive leap. I sure hope you are right and I will be rooting right with you but that receiver group is way below par.

Yup….. 

Still Brash.    Still Bold.        :facepalm:

7 hours ago, Nickster said:

Yes absolutely.  What do you want to bet?

Not sure what I would want to bet but I stick by my post. I think both guys will be about the same statistically but I can see Davis slightly having a better season. Like I keep saying the Titans are a run first offense and they also have Brown who will get a lot of targets. In NY, Davis will be the main man.

I think a smart way to defend them would be to allow Rhodes to play man on Julio since he has played well against him, and then have 2 DBs eyeing AJ Brown at all times. Outside of those two, there isn’t anyone else to fear with their passing game. 

6 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I think a smart way to defend them would be to allow Rhodes to play man on Julio since he has played well against him, and then have 2 DBs eyeing AJ Brown at all times. Outside of those two, there isn’t anyone else to fear with their passing game. 

Yeah they are pretty weak at the TE position, that could hurt them in the redzone a lot.

35 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Isnt it funny that TY is viewed by some as washed up at the advanced age of 31 years old, and Julio is a world beater at 32?

Age gets everyone, at some point.......

It could be that T.Y. was very good at his peak while Julio was an absolute beast. They are both on their way down (given their age), but Julio was at much greater heights. He's still got a ways to go down before he's considered washed up.

As you mentioned, age catches up with everyone. I think it's how much you have left before it does.

On 6/8/2021 at 2:50 PM, Thebrashandthebold said:

I wouldn't disagree about this team being a SB contender at this point.  As we all know there are still many unknowns about how this team will come together. 

On 6/9/2021 at 11:50 AM, teganslaw said:

Julio Jones has had many injuries throughout his career. It would be bad for the Titans if he injured himself once again and missed several games. 

Maybe one way to keep Titans' fans quiet is for the Colts to sweep them. I would be happy if that happened. 

i would be happy if we even split

On 6/7/2021 at 2:32 PM, Shive said:

While the trade adds a lot of firepower to the Titans' offensive skill group, I think how much this trade means will be largely dictated by 2 factors:

- QB Tannehill: He's one of the best QB's in the league when the PA game is working well, but it was proven that if the run game gets stifled and doesn't open up the PA, he's fairly mediocre. He has a very good deep ball as well, but again, if the PA isn't working he's nowhere near as effective.

- OC Todd Downing: He has a pretty great background as a QB coach (largely credited for Derek Carr's best seasons), but when elevated to OC of the Raiders, their offensive production plummeted. He's had a few stints since then and was the Titans' TE coach last season, so he has familiarity with Arthur Smith's system, but it remains to be seen if he can have the same success with the same offense. It kind of makes me think of ATL's offense when Kyle Shanahan left. They brought back almost the exact same offensive players, brought in a new OC and saw their offensive performance nosedive. A bad OC can definitely take a talented offense and run it into the ground.

Titans fan here, our forum has been a bit slow so i was wondering what the competition was up to/thought. So far you guys seems level headed and knowledgeable (the majority that is). 

Any way, just wanted to dispel one thing which is this tanny relies on PA stuff. He was as good if not better without play action. He had more big plays sure but he was still very effective without it.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TannRy00/splits/2020/

You will have to scroll down a bit i tried copying it but it comes out all crazy. 

Archived