Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Declassified - Reggie Wayne

Dogg63

New video by the Colts production team that covers the 2001 draft selection of Reggie Wayne instead of a MUCH needed defensive player...

Another excellently produced Colts video, enjoy!

And Reggie's response on twitter:

I remember early on when Reggie was having issues with drops. He dropped a few and fumbled in the Titans scrimmage. It was hard to watch. But he bounced back to have a great career, and rarely dropped any passes after the first few months. 

And for the record, Colts boards were going crazy about Polian drafting Reggie Wayne. Bill is right, Colts fans were hating him. 

Just goes to show you Rome was not built in a day or any team is not built in a year or a draft. You can have an assembled team to walk into but it takes time to build a team that lasts long.

Reggie was a big part of that long term vision.

I remember that draft.  Santana Moss was the Miami receiver that had gotten all of the headlines.  Wayne was the other receiver.  The other guy that we weren't paying that much attention to.  Moss went to the pro bowl in 2005.  But Reggie went to six pro bowls, and will probably end up in the hall of fame.  You go, Reggie.

On 6/3/2021 at 6:08 PM, Dogg63 said:

New video by the Colts production team that covers the 2001 draft selection of Reggie Wayne instead of a MUCH needed defensive player...

Another excellently produced Colts video, enjoy!

And Reggie's response on twitter:

The interview with edgerrin put a smile on my face.

19 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

I remember early on when Reggie was having issues with drops. He dropped a few and fumbled in the Titans scrimmage. It was hard to watch. But he bounced back to have a great career, and rarely dropped any passes after the first few months. 

And for the record, Colts boards were going crazy about Polian drafting Reggie Wayne. Bill is right, Colts fans were hating him. 

After that pick, he said he through his car keys to Todesco and said make sure theres not a bomb under it.  lol.

19 hours ago, chad72 said:

Just goes to show you Rome was not built in a day or any team is not built in a year or a draft. You can have an assembled team to walk into but it takes time to build a team that lasts long.

Reggie was a big part of that long term vision.

So true. Which is why patience is required with first round picks, no matter at what position. The term "bust" is tossed out quickly if a player like Reggie Wayne doesn't perform at a high level right off the bat. Reggie is the perfect example of why you have to give a talent a little time to mature.

REGGIE...REGGIE...REGGIE!!! 

Besides him arriving in training camp in absolute and utter style every season, he was a classy dude.

He was such a great player and such a bad man! 

Besides the game where he played in orange gloves (for Pagano),  this were some of my fonder catches/memories of him late in his career: 

qvHhrnWeRTJOsBJjaxDNWPeJDtm81pNe33r9LzBP

aCuPsO7RhcEY3semfHIADYy9-Wlt7BqBNB9fxPUx

8rFe-TybyNb-zJ_54FvGTr6x0Rr-nxiUvw9ZR6Fz

Archived