Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Vinatieri Has Officially Retired

Thanks for all that you gave Adam to the sport!!! No matter what kicks you missed early on in the game, when it mattered, you made the clutch one. Not many kickers can lead the entire NFL in scoring and say they won a championship with Brady and Manning.

Great HOF career!!! Enjoy retirement!!! :thmup:

• Like 3

I feel bad for him, in a way. He said he would love to keep going but “the writing was on the wall”. 
   IMO His two biggest games, as a Colt? The 2006 AFC championship game and the Divisional game against Baltimore, that same year.

And we can’t forget the dude ran down Hershel Walker.

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

My favorite FA colt signing of all time. Thanks for the memories and enjoy retirement 

Can't under state the power struggle at the time between the Pats and Colts and to get Adam was a pretty big deal. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Can't under state the power struggle at the time between the Pats and Colts and to get Adam was a pretty big deal. 

Adam didn't even give the Patriots a chance to match the offer the Colts made.     Not really a power struggle.   

50 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Adam didn't even give the Patriots a chance to match the offer the Colts made.     Not really a power struggle.   

Pretty sure he meant the team owning the AFC was a power struggle between the Colts and Pats. Getting AV definitely helped put us over the top after the whole Vanderjagt debacle. Will always remember him in that Baltimore game. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

The Colts Pats rivalry/power struggle in the mid 00's isn't defined by the kicker, he's a part of the story though and not a small one.

He is the GOAT, when choosing an all-time team you choose 11 offensive players, 11 defensive players, a Punter, Long Snapper, PR, KR, and a Kicker. He would be my kicker so he makes it. 

8 hours ago, King Colt said:

"Just win baby."

He won 4 SB's so he did.

• Like 2