Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Salary Cap Ceiling set at $208.2M

TomDiggs

Just announced today.

Obviously the numbers are still fluid as mentioned.

But this gives an idea of the highest the cap would be which is $10M more than 2020 and a little over $25M more than this year.

If there is a big increase it would come in 2023 when new TV money and those huge TV contracts get factored in.

Based off that number, the Colts would have $83m in cap space in 2022.

Still showing us with $14.7m for 2021 on OtC.

Some of that should go towards extensions then then have a little more rollover to add to the 2022 cap space..

2022 FAs:

Leonard

Smith

Fisher

Hines

Mack

Wilkins

Rhodes

Hilton

Glowinski

Alie-Cox

Pascal

Tevi

Rochelle

Turay

Lewis

Odum

And 25 other players, 41 total. 

Team will be going through a major transformation next year. Got to keep that core together though.

12 hours ago, w87r said:

Some of that should go towards extensions then then have a little more rollover to add to the 2022 cap space..

2022 FAs:

Leonard

Smith

Fisher

Hines

Mack

Wilkins

Rhodes

Hilton

Glowinski

Alie-Cox

Pascal

Tevi

Rochelle

Turay

Lewis

Odum

Team will be going through a major transformation next year. Got to keep that core together though.

Was always gonna be tough. 

12 hours ago, w87r said:

2022 FAs:

Leonard

Smith

Fisher

Hines

Mack

Wilkins

Rhodes

Hilton

Glowinski

Alie-Cox

Pascal

Tevi

Rochelle

Turay

Lewis

Odum

Just tells me that 1 year deals are inevitable, if Ballard's history tells us anything.

The clear extensions I see are for Leonard and Smith for 4 years or more. The smaller extensions I see are for Hines and Fisher (health pending), probably 3 years and 2 years respectively, IMO. 

Everyone else, I feel is let go or brought back on 1 year deals after letting them test the market with Glowinski at the top of the list for Ballard matching what they get in free agency, IMO. 

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Just tells me that 1 year deals are inevitable, if Ballard's history tells us anything.

The clear extensions I see are for Leonard and Smith for 4 years or more. The smaller extensions I see are for Hines and Fisher (health pending), probably 3 years and 2 years respectively, IMO. 

Everyone else, I feel is let go or brought back on 1 year deals after letting them test the market with Glowinski at the top of the list for Ballard matching what they get in free agency, IMO. 

I would think Glow would be at the bottom of the list among our Good players. He is decent but a rookie contract makes much more since.

5 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

I would think Glow would be at the bottom of the list among our Good players. He is decent but a rookie contract makes much more since.

You may be right. At some point, we are not going to be able to maintain continuity with every single member of the OL. That time already started with replacing Castanzo, it would probably take the next step with replacing Glow as well. I am hoping members of the secondary improve as well and if both Turay and Lewis play well during contract years, I wonder who we will re-sign. I doubt we re-sign both of them. However, that would be a good problem to have if it turns out that way.

24 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

That is my thought.   Chances are that the O-line will end up being one of the best in the league again.   That usually leads to higher contracts offered by other teams to the free agents who were members of that O-line.  I think Glow is good but replaceable.  

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

That's why we shouldn't get too concerned when it comes to extending players when it comes to cap management.  Leonard, Smith and Q are the core players that will get long extensions.  Hopefully Fisher and maybe either Hines or Mack can make it to a longer than one year deal.  I don't think Glow would be a hard sign either but hopefully a younger player can step up.   I am expecting a few from last years class will eventually get long term extensions and hopefully a few others too but we will have to see how that plays out.  That's well into the future with a ever rising cap.  

I like Glow, but the reality is that between Reed, Pinter and Frees we likely have suitable replacements on roster. Reed may only be a one year deal right now, but i am not totally convinced Glow is actually better than Reed currently. And Pinter has a lot of promise too. So most likely we do move on from Glow at season's end and one of those guys could feasibly be starting in front of him at some point this season.

Archived