Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Is Your Favorite Colts Press Person?

Boss7894

8 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I like them all except Holder. He kind of just goes the company line from an outside media perspective. Just goes along with whatever the front office says and really doesn’t like to make any fair criticism against the team.

Case and point, that game (cant remember which one) where JT had a couple of great runs early on, and then they inexplicably stopped running the ball. He was on Twitter almost instantly trying to make excuses when literally everyone saw the same thing.

It was the Pittsburgh game!!!!

JT was doing very well at first and then they shut the run game down early. Holder was trying to say they were stacking the box, but everyone who watched the game saw JT doing well regardless.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

It was the Pittsburgh game!!!!

JT was doing very well at first and then they shut the run game down early. Holder was trying to say they were stacking the box, but everyone who watched the game saw JT doing well regardless.

Oh yes I remember Holder defending that. He kept saying they were using formations to stop it. Just kept repeating what the coaches said even though we all know it wasn’t true. Fans kept saying you let the Steelers dictate what we did instead of just running it down their throats.

On 5/18/2021 at 3:48 PM, Wentzszn said:

He quit posting when covid hit. He said I have no time anymore for football when he was worrying about covid. Lol. That was his last tweet.

You must be referring to Mike Wells. I thought Brad Wells quit like 4 or 5 years ago. This forum was so excited when he announced that he quit. I recall @southwest1 writing in a post here "Don't let the door hit you where the Lord..." haha

29 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You must be referring to Mike Wells. I thought Brad Wells quit like 4 or 5 years ago. This forum was so excited when he announced that he quit. I recall @southwest1 writing in a post here "Don't let the door hit you where the Lord..." haha

Just  go look at brad wells Twitter. You can see where he quit posting on Twitter. Yes he quit stampede blue years ago but I was just talking about Twitter.

31 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It was closer to 7 years ago, but here's a link to southwest1's post. :funny:

1 hour ago, Dogg63 said:

It was closer to 7 years ago, but here's a link to southwest1's post. :funny:

Lol. Thanks. I underestimate time now. I can't believe it was 7 years ago! haha  How did you find that? Good job :thmup:

Wow. I see posters who have not been here in a while (Corgi, Cyngin, Dustin, and many more. :( )

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies....   I’m late and last to this discussion...     as the media guy here, feels like I should toss in my two cents on the subject. 

Honestly, I like all of the Indy main stream media guys.   I don’t think any are great, but all are somewhere between above average and very good.   They’re all worth my time to read them.   They add insight and context to the Colts world. 

The only media types I’m not wild about are the young ones who write for the websites we get as emails every day.  Fan Sided and sites like that.   The kids who write for them don’t know as much as they think they do.  They don’t have an editor to go over what they’ve written with a critical eye.   That’s what editors do.

Im not including the radio guys.   I rarely listen to them.  The few times I have I have not been bothered terribly.   But I can see the potential for being annoyed if I lived in Indy and had to listen to them 5 days a week. 

If I had to put a spot light on the best they would be Kevin Bowen who I think knows the team as well as anyone and Steven Holder who now writes for The Athletic.  But I look forward to reading all of the main stream guys. 

I can assure you that other cities have media guys who many here would not like and might even hate. 

Archived