Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OTA started today-player interviews

I love this picture. TY and Parris when they talk in interviews seem to have a very close relationship. TY says he talks to Parris everyday. Some of the videos being posted over the last couple days it looks like Parris is flying.

8717E728-36B2-42E0-9208-F5A21629BC33.jpeg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I love this picture. TY and Parris when they talk in interviews seem to have a very close relationship. TY says he talks to Parris everyday. Some of the videos being posted over the last couple days it looks like Parris is flying.

Yup. I think TY is just a super nice dude in general. Glad he and PC are hitting it off. I hope TY and Wentz bond like he and Luck did as well.

• Like 2

Parris is such a nice kid. He has a really nice wife too. I am not ashamed I have sent her a message or two about a couple things. She is really sweet. She is so humble. Always talking about how she hates spending money and is always trying ways to save including coupons. Just really down to earth.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Campbell said he has already worked a bunch with Wentz and just got 100% cleared last week. That must of been a very bad injury.

So that means Wentz has gotten individual work in with

Doyle

Campbell

TY

Pittman

And that's just the ones we've heard about.  I have to be happy with that.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

So that means Wentz has gotten individual work in with

Doyle

Campbell

TY

Pittman

And that's just the ones we've heard about.  I have to be happy with that.  

Pascal said he worked with Wentz too once the trade happened. Add Patmon to that list too since he was living with Pittman out in Cali.  All of them say how easy carson is to get along with and he is a great guy. Even Ryan Kelly said the same thing. 

It’s going to be hard for anyone outside of the six WR to make this team. We will keep Dulin meaning we will probably have 7 WR. Strachan may not survive waivers if he is cut and wanting him on the PS. He had a lot of teams wanting to sign him as a undrafted FA. Patmon should have the upper hand because he has been here a year and already built early relationship with Wentz and Eason.

• Like 1

Every single interview with every single Colts player is a good listen. All they do is talk about how they want to put the team first and how focused they are on working and improving. You can hear Reich and Flus's philosophies in their answers every single time. If the Colts have nothing else, they have a team with a single vision, with everyone pulling in the same direction, and with everyone focused on the same goal.

I look around the league and see teams like Texans, the Eagles, the Packers, etc. where it seems like everyone is on a different page. I can't imagine how much more difficult it is to be successful when that's the case.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Mackrel829 said:

Every single interview with every single Colts player is a good listen. All they do is talk about how they want to put the team first and how focused they are on working and improving. You can hear Reich and Flus's philosophies in their answers every single time. If the Colts have nothing else, they have a team with a single vision, with everyone pulling in the same direction, and with everyone focused on the same goal.

I look around the league and see teams like Texans, the Eagles, the Packers, etc. where it seems like everyone is on a different page. I can't imagine how much more difficult it is to be successful when that's the case.

This is why Ballard stresses character so much. One bad apple can ruin the entire thing. You don’t have to sacrifice character to get a good player. You just have to be diligent on who you bring into the locker room.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. I think TY is just a super nice dude in general. Glad he and PC are hitting it off. I hope TY and Wentz bond like he and Luck did as well.

Agreed. I remember a poster or two here last season suggesting the Colts should dump TY for whatever they could get because he's near the end of his career. I'm very glad the Colts did not do that.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

He isn’t skipping leg day that’s for sure lol.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 12:27 AM, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know why you think you're revealing something that's embarrassing to Ballard?    You're not.

Ballard says the same thing at the start of every free agency period.   That other teams may value his players more than he does.   That's he's ok if he loses a player to another team.   He just wants a chance to match or exceed the offer.   Hilton was offered 3-years from Baltimore.   The Colts signed him to a 1-year deal.    That's a win for Ballard and the Colts.   Hilton got more than we would have liked,  but only on a 1-year deal.    So, that's a win for TYH.    A win-win situation.   There's nothing bad reflected on Ballard.

Yet you think you're offering some insight that the rest of us somehow don't understand.    That's not the case.   The rest of this community understands a win-win situation.    You want to see a loss, a negative for Ballard.   It's reflected in most of your posts,    It's reflected in many of your posts, including one in the last few days which talked about not a good enough record,  and not enough playoff wins.   Your views are widely known.

It wasn't about Ballard....it was whoever tweeted that the colts were "EXCITED" to have Wentz throw deep shots to TY. And my post reflected that if they were truly EXCITED TY would be here with Wentz it wouldn't have took a last minute deal(call by irsay) to resign him. He came within a eyelash of being a Raven.  :thmup:

Eason has to be excited to finally show what he can do. He might not a chance with the colts but he needs to show up in the preseason so he gets a chance with another team in 22 I don’t think we would trade him this year before the season starts because we need to make sure Wentz works out. But maybe next season. 

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Pascal said he worked with Wentz too once the trade happened. Add Patmon to that list too since he was living with Pittman out in Cali.  All of them say how easy carson is to get along with and he is a great guy. Even Ryan Kelly said the same thing. 

It’s going to be hard for anyone outside of the six WR to make this team. We will keep Dulin meaning we will probably have 7 WR. Strachan may not survive waivers if he is cut and wanting him on the PS. He had a lot of teams wanting to sign him as a undrafted FA. Patmon should have the upper hand because he has been here a year and already built early relationship with Wentz and Eason.

I wouldn’t hand that last spot to Dulin. I know he’s a ST ace but the Colts have a few others now who could make him expendable. I could see them keeping 7, and Dulin not being one of them. 
(TY, Pitt, Campbell, Pascal, Patmon, Harris and Strachan). 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I wouldn’t hand that last spot to Dulin. I know he’s a ST ace but the Colts have a few others now who could make him expendable. I could see them keeping 7, and Dulin not being one of them. 
(TY, Pitt, Campbell, Pascal, Patmon, Harris and Strachan). 

Just depends if someone can play ST like him. He is very good on ST. I wouldnt complain if who you listed are the ones that make it though. For some reason. I keep thinking of Patmon as the 6th. Ha your right we have four guys for sure those other three spots are open. I kept thinking we had 5 solid guys but we only have four.  I can see Patmon and Strauhn making it now I see it laid out like that. Then the seventh will be Dulin or Harris.

5 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Agreed. I remember a poster or two here last season suggesting the Colts should dump TY for whatever they could get because he's near the end of his career. I'm very glad the Colts did not do that.  

There will be a time, and it will be sooner than later, that we need to move on. It's not this year though.

I still have hopes they try him out at slot. I've read articles this spring suggesting he won't move inside, but I think moving to slot could extend his career by 3-4 years. He doesn't get the outside separation he used to, but he still abuses coverage big time in the middle vs LBs and Ss.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Braden smith when asked about a extension. My agent gets paid for that stuff I get paid for football lol.

Some players even think they get paid to pick GMs and HCs... 

Already love Smith, but loving his demeanor even more.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

There will be a time, and it will be sooner than later, that we need to move on. It's not this year though.

I still have hopes they try him out at slot. I've read articles this spring suggesting he won't move inside, but I think moving to slot could extend his career by 3-4 years. He doesn't get the outside separation he used to, but he still abuses coverage big time in the middle vs LBs and Ss.

TY has earned the right to retire a colt. Unless he starts getting injured a ton we don’t need to move on. We just need to make sure we have young guys to take over when he does retire.  With Wentz scrambling ability I bet he has a GUGs year and we might not be able go afford him.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

TY has earned the right to retire a colt. Unless he starts getting injured a ton we don’t need to move on. We just need to make sure we have young guys to take over when he does retire.  With Wentz scrambling ability I bet he has a GUGs year and we might not be able go afford him.

I'd love him to retire a Colt. Some players just want to play longer than teams can afford. If he produces and is available (healthy), then I'm all for him sticking around as long as he can. He still runs great routes, and gets good last cut separation. Last-cut separation though requires chemistry though, and not sure how much of that we can expect with a new QB. Not always, but more times than not, a new QB will favor either speed-separation or Bigs when they are new to a system. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I 100% agree with this. I wished for this last year with Rivers as well. Once Campbell went down I thought for sure TY was getting pushed to the slot and I was disappointed. He would become more valuable IMO going across the middle against either a nickel guy or LB. he has speed to take care of those guys. Maybe with Wentz having a better arm than Rivers we can see better deep routes form TY. He definitely has lost a step though. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Is Dayo going to be able to play edge or is he just a backup to Buckner.

Isn't it a little early to determine if won't be able to play the DE position he was drafted for?