Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor CBS Sports Piece

Shive

24 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

First time I've seen a guy get pulled forward, faster than he can propel himself, in order to get faster and also to gain more body control at faster speeds. Very interesting!

Same! Those were some very neat workout drills. It also appeared they had sensors to ensure they were using enough power on their lifts. It is incredible the kind of equipment top athletes have at their disposal. 

So why did he seem to explode so quickly in our offense?
   His quick decisions and explosian went off the charts, for a rookie.
 I watched this video and witnessed the training, the concentration, the great focus to detail on his running technique. It looked very advanced. Not something additionally the coaches are having to take time get him up to high quality NFL standards. He came ready. It is Natural, minimal thinking of it after the snap.
 So he used that training to think and to focus and  to learning the playbook, then studying our opponents each week, and he got it. BAM!
 What we saw near seasons end was some BO! He was phenominal.
 Emmitt Smith could only dream of this speed. We have a great one. 

So excited to see this guy in year 2.  If he continues on from his 2nd half of the year, we’re going to have a pro-bowl back.  Been a while since we’ve had that.  If he can get anywhere close to what Edge or Faulk were, we’re in good shape.

Mack’s no slouch either, we have such a deep RB group, prob even better than any point I can remember in the last 20 years.

On 5/14/2021 at 11:33 AM, Dogg63 said:

First time I've seen a guy get pulled forward, faster than he can propel himself, in order to get faster and also to gain more body control at faster speeds. Very interesting!

I’m picturing myself getting pulled for about 5 steps, face planting, and getting dragged on my stomach the rest of of the way!

On 5/14/2021 at 12:32 PM, throwing BBZ said:

So why did he seem to explode so quickly in our offense?
   His quick decisions and explosian went off the charts, for a rookie.
 I watched this video and witnessed the training, the concentration, the great focus to detail on his running technique. It looked very advanced. Not something additionally the coaches are having to take time get him up to high quality NFL standards. He came ready. It is Natural, minimal thinking of it after the snap.
 So he used that training to think and to focus and  to learning the playbook, then studying our opponents each week, and he got it. BAM!
 What we saw near seasons end was some BO! He was phenominal.
 Emmitt Smith could only dream of this speed. We have a great one. 

Believe it or not, some people thought JT was better than Saquan

Having been a fan of him throughout college this doesn’t surprise me at all. He’s always gone above and beyond what coaches asked him to do, seeking out all kinds of ways to improve and stay healthy. He would even experiment with things like hot yoga, which he started doing a couple times a week and credited with keeping all his muscles loose. The most impressive thing to me was that he showed up to 4x100 relay tryouts the summer before his last year and started for the team. I can’t imagine a better way to improve explosiveness after taking a handoff than practicing taking a baton handoff and exploding into a run as fast as possible.  

Archived