Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kwity and dayo pro day and combine numbers?

Does anyone know what each one of their measurables are and who is best at what?  I have been looking for dayo’s info but can’t find anything from the combine or his pro day.  I would like to compare their 40 yard dash, Bench press reps, vertical , etc. If anyone knows where to find this can you please post it. Thanks a lot.   Also, out of the two who do you think will be the more dominant player in 3 years?

Pro days replaced the combine. NFL established guidelines and some funding I believe. Combine was limited to medicals.

Measurables are easy for most players, but Dayo's injury prohibited him from the team's pro day.

BTW, Dayo's pre injury 40 was 4.7. Not great, but he's bigger, and he's more about power than KP.

Here's KP's RAS

Kwity-Paye-RAS-1.jpeg

• Like 4
9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Pro days replaced the combine. NFL established guidelines and some funding I believe. Combine was limited to medicals.

Measurables are easy for most players, but Dayo's injury prohibited him from the team's pro day.

BTW, Dayo's pre injury 40 was 4.7. Not great, but he's bigger, and he's more about power than KP.

Here's KP's RAS

Kwity-Paye-RAS-1.jpeg

Dayo at 6'6" and 280, last I checked. Given that, 4.7 is pretty darn good, IMO. Not trying to be argumentative; just pointing out the 20 lb. weight difference and nearly 4"inch height disparity. IF Dayo can return to his pre injury athleticism, the Colts have a couple of dynamos. 

• Like 2

I agree Dayo's 4.7 at his size is impressive.  We don't have other numbers, but overall he looks very athletic for his size.

Regarding Kwity, he didn't to the 3 cone at his pro day which might be his best event.  

• Like 2
9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Here's KP's RAS

Kwity-Paye-RAS-1.jpeg

Thanks for sharing

I imagine that you already know this, but whats interesting is that if you look at the Pro Bowl players from the last few years many of them are around 4.7 or even slower 

Cameron Jordon ran a 4.69

JJ Watt Ran a 4.81

TJ Watt ran a 4.69

Nick Bosa Ran a 4.79

Joey Bosa Ran a 4.88

Of Course its better to be faster, but a big tall strong guy could be still be a pro bowler

(Of course not saying Dayo has arrived) 

My hope is that we have 2 DEs screaming around the edges in the very near future

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for sharing

I imagine that you already know this, but whats interesting is that if you look at the Pro Bowl players from the last few years many of them are around 4.7 or even slower 

JJ Watt Ran a 4.81

TJ Watt ran a 4.69

Nick Bosa Ran a 4.79

Joey Bosa Ran a 4.88

Of Course its better to be faster, but a big tall strong guy could be still be a pro bowler

My hope is that we have 2 DEs screaming around the edges in the very near future

40 yard times with pass rushers is almost irrelevant. Rarely will they ever be running more than 10 yards, except in pursuit. The 10 yard split is so much more important, because that shows the short distance speed and explosion needed on every snap.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Shive said:

40 yard times with pass rushers is almost irrelevant. Rarely will they ever be running more than 10 yards, except in pursuit. The 10 yard split is so much more important, because that shows the short distance speed and explosion needed on every snap.

Of course they were drafted to be 3 down lineman, so their ability to run 20-30 yards or more sideline to sideline to fill gaps and make plays may prove vital numerous times per game..

Thanks for all the info everyone. Honestly I was expecting some wise guy to say google it or something like that.  I am super excited about kwity. That 3 cone time is insane for his size. The scary thing is that he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and seems extremely bright and coachable. I think in 4 years he might be one of our top 2-3 best players on a hopefully stacked defense. 

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Hoose said:

Dayo at 6'6" and 280, last I checked. Given that, 4.7 is pretty darn good, IMO. Not trying to be argumentative; just pointing out the 20 lb. weight difference and nearly 4"inch height disparity. IF Dayo can return to his pre injury athleticism, the Colts have a couple of dynamos. 

Like I said in my post, 4.7 isn't good or bad. He's a guy known for size and power more than speed. I'd guess his agility scores are probably better than his speed scores. He's a different mold than Paye. I can see Dayo being more the tweener DE/3T once he develops. Paye is good sliding inside too, but more in the mold of pure speed rusher. He's got a good blend of speed, agility, burst, and power.

10 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for sharing

JJ Watt Ran a 4.81

TJ Watt ran a 4.69

Nick Bosa Ran a 4.79

Joey Bosa Ran a 4.88

The Watts and Bosas are a bit of unicorns obviously. The Watts' 40 was not great, but their agility and burst scores were elite.

I'm guessing Dayo's, had he been able to test, would have looked similar.  

• Like 1
20 hours ago, bertjones7 said:

I agree Dayo's 4.7 at his size is impressive.  We don't have other numbers, but overall he looks very athletic for his size.

Regarding Kwity, he didn't to the 3 cone at his pro day which might be his best event.  

That’s impressive

20 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for sharing

JJ Watt Ran a 4.81

TJ Watt ran a 4.69

Nick Bosa Ran a 4.79

Joey Bosa Ran a 4.88

These guys never run more than 4 yds in a game.  40 fairly irrelevant.

16 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Of course they were drafted to be 3 down lineman, so their ability to run 20-30 yards or more sideline to sideline to fill gaps and make plays may prove vital numerous times per game..

They don’t run that far hardly ever.  You don’t want your pass rusher gassing himself doing a LB or S job.

3 hours ago, Nickster said:

These guys never run more than 4 yds in a game.  40 fairly irrelevant.

3 Cone and jump are probably better measurements

BUT.......

I saw a DE once that ran FIVE yards once though  :)

4 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

3 Cone and jump are probably better measurements

BUT.......

I saw a DE once that ran FIVE yards once though  :)

Yep I don’t thin they have 5 yd speed .  They peak at 4.5

• Like 1