Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kwity and dayo pro day and combine numbers?


Recommended Posts

Does anyone know what each one of their measurables are and who is best at what?  I have been looking for dayo’s info but can’t find anything from the combine or his pro day.  I would like to compare their 40 yard dash, Bench press reps, vertical , etc. If anyone knows where to find this can you please post it. Thanks a lot.   Also, out of the two who do you think will be the more dominant player in 3 years?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pro days replaced the combine. NFL established guidelines and some funding I believe. Combine was limited to medicals.

Measurables are easy for most players, but Dayo's injury prohibited him from the team's pro day.

 

BTW, Dayo's pre injury 40 was 4.7. Not great, but he's bigger, and he's more about power than KP.

 

Here's KP's RAS

 Kwity-Paye-RAS-1.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Pro days replaced the combine. NFL established guidelines and some funding I believe. Combine was limited to medicals.

Measurables are easy for most players, but Dayo's injury prohibited him from the team's pro day.

 

BTW, Dayo's pre injury 40 was 4.7. Not great, but he's bigger, and he's more about power than KP.

 

Here's KP's RAS

 Kwity-Paye-RAS-1.jpeg

Dayo at 6'6" and 280, last I checked. Given that, 4.7 is pretty darn good, IMO. Not trying to be argumentative; just pointing out the 20 lb. weight difference and nearly 4"inch height disparity. IF Dayo can return to his pre injury athleticism, the Colts have a couple of dynamos. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree Dayo's 4.7 at his size is impressive.  We don't have other numbers, but overall he looks very athletic for his size.

 

Regarding Kwity, he didn't to the 3 cone at his pro day which might be his best event.  

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Pro days replaced the combine. NFL established guidelines and some funding I believe. Combine was limited to medicals.

Measurables are easy for most players, but Dayo's injury prohibited him from the team's pro day.

 

BTW, Dayo's pre injury 40 was 4.7. Not great, but he's bigger, and he's more about power than KP.

 

Here's KP's RAS

 Kwity-Paye-RAS-1.jpeg

Thanks for sharing

 

I imagine that you already know this, but whats interesting is that if you look at the Pro Bowl players from the last few years many of them are around 4.7 or even slower 

 

Cameron Jordon ran a 4.69

JJ Watt Ran a 4.81

TJ Watt ran a 4.69

Nick Bosa Ran a 4.79

Joey Bosa Ran a 4.88

 

Of Course its better to be faster, but a big tall strong guy could be still be a pro bowler

 

(Of course not saying Dayo has arrived) 

 

My hope is that we have 2 DEs screaming around the edges in the very near future

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for sharing

 

I imagine that you already know this, but whats interesting is that if you look at the Pro Bowl players from the last few years many of them are around 4.7 or even slower 

 

Cameron Jordon ran a 4.69

JJ Watt Ran a 4.81

TJ Watt ran a 4.69

Nick Bosa Ran a 4.79

Joey Bosa Ran a 4.88

 

Of Course its better to be faster, but a big tall strong guy could be still be a pro bowler

 

(Of course not saying Dayo has arrived) 

 

My hope is that we have 2 DEs screaming around the edges in the very near future

40 yard times with pass rushers is almost irrelevant. Rarely will they ever be running more than 10 yards, except in pursuit. The 10 yard split is so much more important, because that shows the short distance speed and explosion needed on every snap.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shive said:

40 yard times with pass rushers is almost irrelevant. Rarely will they ever be running more than 10 yards, except in pursuit. The 10 yard split is so much more important, because that shows the short distance speed and explosion needed on every snap.

 

 Of course they were drafted to be 3 down lineman, so their ability to run 20-30 yards or more sideline to sideline to fill gaps and make plays may prove vital numerous times per game..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the info everyone. Honestly I was expecting some wise guy to say google it or something like that.  I am super excited about kwity. That 3 cone time is insane for his size. The scary thing is that he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and seems extremely bright and coachable. I think in 4 years he might be one of our top 2-3 best players on a hopefully stacked defense. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Hoose said:

Dayo at 6'6" and 280, last I checked. Given that, 4.7 is pretty darn good, IMO. Not trying to be argumentative; just pointing out the 20 lb. weight difference and nearly 4"inch height disparity. IF Dayo can return to his pre injury athleticism, the Colts have a couple of dynamos. 

Like I said in my post, 4.7 isn't good or bad. He's a guy known for size and power more than speed. I'd guess his agility scores are probably better than his speed scores. He's a different mold than Paye. I can see Dayo being more the tweener DE/3T once he develops. Paye is good sliding inside too, but more in the mold of pure speed rusher. He's got a good blend of speed, agility, burst, and power.

10 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for sharing

 

I imagine that you already know this, but whats interesting is that if you look at the Pro Bowl players from the last few years many of them are around 4.7 or even slower 

 

Cameron Jordon ran a 4.69

JJ Watt Ran a 4.81

TJ Watt ran a 4.69

Nick Bosa Ran a 4.79

Joey Bosa Ran a 4.88

 

Of Course its better to be faster, but a big tall strong guy could be still be a pro bowler

 

(Of course not saying Dayo has arrived) 

 

My hope is that we have 2 DEs screaming around the edges in the very near future

The Watts and Bosas are a bit of unicorns obviously. The Watts' 40 was not great, but their agility and burst scores were elite.

I'm guessing Dayo's, had he been able to test, would have looked similar.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, bertjones7 said:

I agree Dayo's 4.7 at his size is impressive.  We don't have other numbers, but overall he looks very athletic for his size.

 

Regarding Kwity, he didn't to the 3 cone at his pro day which might be his best event.  

 

 

That’s impressive

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for sharing

 

I imagine that you already know this, but whats interesting is that if you look at the Pro Bowl players from the last few years many of them are around 4.7 or even slower 

 

Cameron Jordon ran a 4.69

JJ Watt Ran a 4.81

TJ Watt ran a 4.69

Nick Bosa Ran a 4.79

Joey Bosa Ran a 4.88

 

Of Course its better to be faster, but a big tall strong guy could be still be a pro bowler

 

(Of course not saying Dayo has arrived) 

 

My hope is that we have 2 DEs screaming around the edges in the very near future

These guys never run more than 4 yds in a game.  40 fairly irrelevant.

16 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

 Of course they were drafted to be 3 down lineman, so their ability to run 20-30 yards or more sideline to sideline to fill gaps and make plays may prove vital numerous times per game..

They don’t run that far hardly ever.  You don’t want your pass rusher gassing himself doing a LB or S job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nickster said:

These guys never run more than 4 yds in a game.  40 fairly irrelevant.

 

3 Cone and jump are probably better measurements

 

BUT.......

 

I saw a DE once that ran FIVE yards once though  :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

3 Cone and jump are probably better measurements

 

BUT.......

 

I saw a DE once that ran FIVE yards once though  :)

 

Yep I don’t thin they have 5 yd speed .  They peak at 4.5

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • This should be another exciting week of football. Today's games will end with the Colts at 49ers matchup tonight on NBC. But until then, what will you watch? There is plenty to watch.    Early games on CBS   Red/pink:  Chiefs @ Titans. **Most fans in IN should see this one Blue: Bengals at Ravens @RollerColt and @The Old Crow should be watching this. Green: Jets at Patriots    Late afternoon games on CBS   Red/Pink: Bears at Bucs Blue: Texans at Cardinals   All games on Fox   Early games on Fox: Red/Pink: Washington at Packers Green: Panthers at Giants Orange: Falcons at Dolphins   Late afternoon games on Fox: Blue: Eagles-Raiders Yellow: Lions-Rams   All images of maps were obtained  from https://cardswire.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-week-7-tv-coverage-maps-2021-cbs-fox/   Several teams, including mine, are in bye.    Enjoy your football Sunday! 
    • It's going to be interesting. We have a lot of FAs. 7 starters and several other depth guys.  As far as your list, only Paye, Dayo, and Banogu are DEs under contract. Lewis, AQM, Turay, Rochell are FAs. Could resign some of those guys on the cheap, or look for others. Safety to me needs to be addressed, but doubt they'll give up on the 1-2 punch of Blackmon/Willis. I also get the feeling Ballard will extend Fisher. Personally I'd go after Leno. If Rhodes doesn't rebound big time, CB would be my top priority. Both our TEs are FAs too. 2 of our 3 starting WRs are.... I think Mike needs to be addressed too.
    • I think our holes arent many   Needs (In no order) 1) Pass Rush rotational end I'm not giving up on Dayo or Paye, but we need a pure pass rusher for long downs at LDE    2) Difference maker Safety   3) LT to develop (weak class, little chance a blue chip falls to round 2)   4) CB to develop   5) WR / TE              
    • The 49ers are banged up   DL is very thin with 2 players out LT is out Sloppy wet field, makes passing game for both team very hard   I think the Colts run with success and win the game.    
  • Members

    • ColtsFan_98

      ColtsFan_98 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NFLfan

      NFLfan 9,433

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Introspect

      Introspect 208

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • lincolndefan

      lincolndefan 70

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fluke_33

      Fluke_33 3,234

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 14,267

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Robin

      Robin 136

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • HoosierHero

      HoosierHero 111

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NYFAN

      NYFAN 1

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NorthernColt

      NorthernColt 280

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...