Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll: Record and Wins Predictions (MERGE)

danlhart87

Poll: Record and Wins Prediction  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Win Prediction

2. 2. Predict Colts Wins (pick all wins)

• Seahawks at Colts
    • Rams at Colts
    • Colts at Titans
    • Colts at Dolphins
    • Colts at Ravens - 8:15pm
    • Texans at Colts
    • Colts at 49ers - 8:20pm
    • Titans at Colts
    • Jets at Colts - 8:20pm
    • Jaguars at Colts
    • Colts at Bills
    • Bucs at Colts
    • Colts at Texans
    • BYE
    • Patriots at Colts - TBD
    • Colts at Cardinals - 8:15pm
    • Raiders at Colts
    • Colts at Jaguars

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/2021 at 03:51 AM

1 vs Seahawks L

2 vs Rams W

3 at Titans W

4 at Dolphins W

5 at Ravens L

6 vs Texans W

7 at 49ers W

8 vs Titans L

9 vs Jets W 

10 vs Jaguars L

11 at Bills L

12 vs Buccaneers L

13 at Texans L

15 vs Patriots W

16 at Cardinals W

17 vs Raiders W

18 @ Jaguars W

10 - 7

Just now, DaColts85 said:

I went with 11 wins. This season will be a good one and I hope for nothing but a healthy team. Fisher plays in Week 6 is my prediction as well. 

I almost added a Fisher prediction lol... Then I though well I should add Dayo too... Only allowed 3 total questions. 

Planned to do some more polls including one around injury this week. Fisher, Mack, Dayo, and Campbell are big ?s

Just digesting the schedule.

First two games at home vs tough teams.

So happy they are in Indy. 

It would be really nice to start the year beating Seattle, then beating the Rams/Stafford next week. Great opportunity for Wentz to say "so Indy, did you really want Stafford?"....

From CBS

Many our old OC should be happy!

"Based on records from last year, here are the teams with 10 most difficult schedules heading into 2020.

Hardest schedules
1. Steelers: 155-115-2 (.574) 
2. Ravens: 152-118-2 (.563)
3. Bears: 149-122-1 (.550)
4. Packers: 147-124-1 (.542)
5. Vikings: 144-127-1 (.531)
T-6. Bengals: 144-128 (.529)
T-6. Lions: 143-127-2 (.529)
8. Raiders: 142-128-2 (.526)
9. Browns: 140-130-2 (.518)
10. Rams: 140-132 (.515)

The Steelers and Packers both have 10 games against playoff teams from last year, which is the most in the NFL.

As for the easiest schedules, the Eagles will be going into the season with the least difficult slate. The Eagles will be playing ZERO teams on the road that had a winning record in 2020. They also only have five games against playoff teams from last year. 

Easiest schedules
1. Eagles: 117-155 (.430) 
2. Cowboys: 122-148-2 (.452)
3. Falcons: 123-148-1 (.454)
4. Buccaneers: 126-145-1 (.465)
T-5. Dolphins: 128-144 (.471)
T-5. Broncos: 127-143-2 (.471)
7. Panthers: 128-143-1 (.472)
8. Giants: 128-142-2 (.472)
T-9. Colts: 130-142 (.478)
T-9. Bills: 130-142 (.478)"

I see 10 wins.    Not saying we can't or won't win more, but I think this schedule does us very few favors.   And I have no idea which teams we'll beat and which we'd lose to.    But somewhere in there,  I think we'll find 10 wins and a spot in the post-season.

10 wins,  and a playoff spot.   Hopefully our 10 wins earns an AFC South Title and some advantage in the playoffs.

For what it's worth,  NFL Networks Analytics expert, Cynthia Freeland has taken the projected 53-man rosters and run 10,000 computer simulations for every team.    She has the Colts with the 5th best AFC record with 9.8 wins.   We're behind the usual suspects, KC,  Buffalo,  Baltimore and Cleveland.    We're tied with Miami and just ahead of Tennessee.    So, those would be the 7 playoff teams. 

Here's the link to her story.    For what it's worth,  she re-does this the first week of September when more is known.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-afc-win-total-projections-ravens-browns-neck-and-neck

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I see 10 wins.    Not saying we can't or won't win more, but I think this schedule does us very few favors.   And I have no idea which teams we'll beat and which we'd lose to.    But somewhere in there,  I think we'll find 10 wins and a spot in the post-season.

10 wins,  and a playoff spot.   Hopefully our 10 wins earns an AFC South Title and some advantage in the playoffs.

For what it's worth,  NFL Networks Analytics expert, Cynthia Freeland has taken the projected 53-man rosters and run 10,000 computer simulations for every team.    She has the Colts with the 5th best AFC record with 9.8 wins.   We're behind the usual suspects, KC,  Buffalo,  Baltimore and Cleveland.    We're tied with Miami and just ahead of Tennessee.    So, those would be the 7 playoff teams.     

Here's the link to her story.    For what it's worth,  she re-does this the first week of September when more is known. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-afc-win-total-projections-ravens-browns-neck-and-neck

I listed CF's AFC top 7 above.

I'd just note we're tied for 9th easiest schedule so personally, I expect 11 or 12, but 10 wouldn't shock me given all the Qs we have.

Not sure 10 wins will be enough in a 17 game season to get us to the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I listed CF's AFC top 7 above.

I'd just note we're tied for 9th easiest schedule so personally, I expect 11 or 12, but 10 wouldn't shock me given all the Qs we have.

Not sure 10 wins will be enough in a 17 game season to get us to the playoffs.

I saw that it's the 9th easiest schedule....    and yet I believe that in my 9 years here,  I think it's the hardest schedule we've faced.    And I always thought our "easy" schedule has been distorted a bit by two teams that have struggled......   J'Ville and Houston.

I don't like the way the schedule is stacked.    3 straight road games starting week 3?   4 out of our first 5,  5 out of our first 7 and 6 out of our first 8 are pretty tough gamess.     And I really don't like the Bye week this late.   Week 14?    Has the NFL ever had a Bye week this late?    A new feature of the 17 games schedule?    Really don't like it,  but I hope it turns out to be an advantage for us.    It's just too early to see the upside now.   I'd love to be wrong in December.     I'm always happy to be wrong when it means better for the Colts.

Vegas Team Win Total Odds

Scheduled teams bolded.

Bills, Ravens, Bucs - teams with higher predicted win totals

49ers, Rams - teams with same predicted win totals

Team 2021 Win Total OVERUNDER

Arizona Cardinals 8.5 +100-130

Atlanta Falcons 7.5 -105-125

Baltimore Ravens 10.5 -150+120

Buffalo Bills 10.5 -155+125

Carolina Panthers 7.5 +100-130

Chicago Bears 7.5 -115-115

Cincinnati Bengals 6.5 -125-105

Cleveland Browns 10 -150+120

Dallas Cowboys 9.5 +110-140

Denver Broncos 8.5 -140+110

Detroit Lions 5 +125-155

Green Bay Packers 9 -115-115

Houston Texans 4.5 -115-115

Indianapolis Colts 10 +100-130

Jacksonville Jaguars 6.5 +110-140

Kansas City Chiefs 12.5 -105-125

Las Vegas Raiders 7 -115-115

Los Angeles Chargers 9  -160+130

Los Angeles Rams 10 -140+110

Miami Dolphins 9 -130+100

Minnesota Vikings 8.5 -160+130

New England Patriots 9.5 +100-130

New Orleans Saints 9.5 -105-125

New York Giants 7.5 -105-125

New York Jets 6 -115-115

Philadelphia Eagles 6.5 -140+110

Pittsburgh Steelers 8.5 -130+100

San Francisco 49ers 10 -125-105

Seattle Seahawks 9.5 -130+100

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 11.5 -130+100

Tennessee Titans 9 -115-115

Washington 8.5 -120-110

13 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I could see the Colts easily starting 1-4 with that schedule. And the Forum would...

Explosion Explode GIF by Minnesota State University Moorhead

1-4 would be a dangerous start for a team who's first round pick is tied to the amount of snaps its current starting qb plays.

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I saw that it's the 9th easiest schedule....    and yet I believe that in my 9 years here,  I think it's the hardest schedule we've faced.    And I always thought our "easy" schedule has been distorted a bit by two teams that have struggled......   J'Ville and Houston.

I don't like the way the schedule is stacked.    3 straight road games starting week 3?   4 out of our first 5,  5 out of our first 7 and 6 out of our first 8 are pretty tough gamess.     And I really don't like the Bye week this late.   Week 14?    Has the NFL ever had a Bye week this late?    A new feature of the 17 games schedule?    Really don't like it,  but I hope it turns out to be an advantage for us.    It's just too early to see the upside now.   I'd love to be wrong in December.     I'm always happy to be wrong when it means better for the Colts.

I'm going to break down the schedule later and look at O and D ranks at minimum, but I'm OK at first glance. I like starting with two top opponents at home. And I like the last 4 after the bye (should be at min 3 wins to close out the season.

It doesn't feel that hard to me. Every team has good teams on their schedule, tough road games, or tough road spurts. We also play a lot of teams with new QBs, along with teams with great QBs. Good mix IMO. I'm only PO'd with the lack of MN and SN games.

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

1 vs Seahawks L

2 vs Rams W

3 at Titans W

4 at Dolphins W

5 at Ravens L

6 vs Texans W

7 at 49ers W

8 vs Titans L

9 vs Jets W 

10 vs Jaguars L

11 at Bills L

12 vs Buccaneers L

13 at Texans L

15 vs Patriots W

16 at Cardinals W

17 vs Raiders W

18 @ Jaguars W

10 - 7

Looks like the Eason train got rolling in the last 5 games!

• Shive changed the title to Poll: Record and Wins Predictions (MERGE)
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I went 11-6. I have us sweeping the Texans and Jags, and like last year winning at Tennessee but losing to them at home. I have us winning our last 5 games of the season and rolling into the playoffs. I am not sure if 11 wins win the division but we will get in as a Wildcard at worse. 

I have us winning on opening day, we usually don't but I do. I really don't have a good reason for it other than I think catching Seattle early is good and being at home are reasons.

Early line in Vegas has us at a 2.5 point favorite which basically means they think the game is even. Usually when the visiting team is a 2.5/3 point underdog that means they see it as even. The home team usually gets 3 points. 

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I see 10 wins.    Not saying we can't or won't win more, but I think this schedule does us very few favors.   And I have no idea which teams we'll beat and which we'd lose to.    But somewhere in there,  I think we'll find 10 wins and a spot in the post-season.

10 wins,  and a playoff spot.   Hopefully our 10 wins earns an AFC South Title and some advantage in the playoffs.

For what it's worth,  NFL Networks Analytics expert, Cynthia Freeland has taken the projected 53-man rosters and run 10,000 computer simulations for every team.    She has the Colts with the 5th best AFC record with 9.8 wins.   We're behind the usual suspects, KC,  Buffalo,  Baltimore and Cleveland.    We're tied with Miami and just ahead of Tennessee.    So, those would be the 7 playoff teams. 

Here's the link to her story.    For what it's worth,  she re-does this the first week of September when more is known.

Yeah I have 11, so we almost agree again regarding before season predictions. If I remember right in 2018 we both said 10 and nailed it, in 2019 we had 8-8 - we went 7-9, and last season we both had 10-6 again - we actually went 11-5.

14 minutes ago, MPStack said:

That schedule is brutal. 

And somehow it's only #26 based on projected win totals for 2021. 

Better bank those AFCS wins. If they have to more than 6 wins against that non-division schedule, that could prove difficult. 

I could see anywhere from 7-12 wins this upcoming season, which would up my median at 9.5 wins. 

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah, I don't buy that it is an easy schedule at all.  The rankings take into consideration the 4 games against the Texans and Jags.   Those are division games which are never as easy as games outside the division.  Outside of division, the Colts have a brutal schedule:

Seahawks

Rams

Dolphins

Ravens

49rs

Jets (yes an easy one)

Bills

Buccs

Patriots

Cardinals

Raiders

Archived