Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Waive Flash Gordon (Sam Jones)

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Sam Jones was the name of the actor that played Flash Gordon lol

Whelp.....

confused laura dern GIF by EditingAndLayout

• Haha 5
  • Shive changed the title to Flash Gordon (Sam Jones) waived!!!
  • Shive changed the title to Colts Waive Flash Gordon (Sam Jones)
8 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Awesome Movie! LOL

It's no Highlander, as Ricky Bobby would say.  Maybe second greatest movie ever.

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, buccolts said:

That threw me off. I kept trying to think of when we signed Buster Crabbe.

I never saw the 1980 movie. Gotta see it now.

I'm glad I'm not the only one showing my age, lol!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

It's no Highlander, as Ricky Bobby would say.  Maybe second greatest movie ever.

Though, as Ricky Bobby's daddy would say, "If you're not first, you're last!".

Second place is just first place loser.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actor Sam J. Jones is 66 years old and currently alive and healthy. He is married with 5 children. He is known for his role as Flash Gordon which came out in 1980 and a fan favorite of movies.

What does a fan favorite of the movies even means here?

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

What does a fan favorite of the movies even means here?

It never reached Rocky Horror in cult status.  But it was so campy it was one of those midnight movies they'd show at colleges, etc.  Maybe more of a favorite for those who partook of some medicinal herbs?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actor Sam J. Jones is 66 years old and currently alive and healthy. He is married with 5 children. He is known for his role as Flash Gordon which came out in 1980 and a fan favorite of movies.

Is that in human years or in superhero years?
Superman has been around since 1930's and is still able to kick serious butt when he needs to.  Wheel this boy back on the field if he still has some juice!

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Is that in human years or in superhero years?
Superman has been around since 1930's and is still able to kick serious butt when he needs to.  Wheel this boy back on the field if he still has some juice!

That isn't possible; Superman can't be that old! Oh, you mean the Marvel superhero, not the moderator. :D

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

That isn't possible; Superman can't be that old! Oh, you mean the Marvel superhero, not the moderator. :D

Wait..

What??

They're not the same person???

• Haha 3
48 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

There are a lot of us purist (nerds) out there who are very upset with saying Superman is a Marvel superhero.

You can tell it's the off season by how far this thread has gone off the rails - I love it!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

There are a lot of us purist (nerds) out there who are very upset with saying Superman is a Marvel superhero.

You can tell it's the off season by how far this thread has gone off the rails - I love it!

Y'know, somehow I missed that.  I grew up reading comic books in the 60's and I always liked Marvel more than DC mags.  My father had hundreds not them - Spidey, Daredevil, Silver Surfer, Sgt. Fury,  and a bunch more.. I learned to read by comic books, not by English class novels, haha. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Y'know, somehow I missed that.  I grew up reading comic books in the 60's and I always liked Marvel more than DC mags.  My father had hundreds not them - Spidey, Daredevil, Silver Surfer, Sgt. Fury,  and a bunch more.. I learned to read by comic books, not by English class novels, haha. 

My friend, we had very similar childhoods.  I think I also learned to read by comic books.  My dad never read them though, that must have been awesome having that library available.

I still have boxes of them in my attic.  THey're not worth anything (sort of like my albums) but I just can't part with them.

• Like 1

You're blessed to still have both comics and albums.  My brother got rid of the comics as they had gone moldy from basement floods my parents would have.

As for the albums, I used to DJ in the late 70's, early 80's, then again in the 90's (mostly all mobile stuff), but I lost my natural hearing and gave all my records and equipment away.  I wish I had it all back now.  Between my older brother and I we had been collecting music since the 60's. I know how hard it is to part with it.  Don't ever let it go, bro!  Haha.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Right. DC superhero.

I'm so conflicted as a mod, because I have to wonder if this thread ever was on topic and just belongs in Misc? haha

• Haha 3
37 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Buster Crabbe was the first

That means this whole thread was a lie....

Shut It Down 30 Rock GIF

• Haha 2

Last time I saw anything Superman was the TV show in the early 60s. Never saw a Superman movie.

Why does Superman stand there and let bullets bounce off his chest- but duck when an empty gun gets thrown at his head???

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, jimmy g said:

Last time I saw anything Superman was the TV show in the early 60s. Never saw a Superman movie.

Why does Superman stand there and let bullets bounce off his chest- but duck when an empty gun gets thrown at his head???

Christopher Reeve was the best Superman ever and it isn't even close IMO. You don't know what you are missing by not seeing Superman and Superman II. After the 2nd one they weren't as good but the first 2 are easily 4 Star out of 5 movies. Superman came out in 1978, Superman II in 1980. Superman II was the best where he fought Zod. 

• Like 1
On 5/14/2021 at 7:25 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Christopher Reeve was the best Superman ever and it isn't even close IMO. You don't know what you are missing by not seeing Superman and Superman II. After the 2nd one they weren't as good but the first 2 are easily 4 Star out of 5 movies. Superman came out in 1978, Superman II in 1980. Superman II was the best where he fought Zod. 

Though Reeves was incredible as Superman, I really love the play between Lex Luther and Superman in the 1st one.  Ned Beatty was great in both as Otis.  Highly underrated.  Gene Hackman was…well, Gene Hackman - a great actor.

I agree that he was better than George Reeves, but not by a lot.

• Like 1