Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Waive UDFA Anthony Butler

Well that didn't take long. I'm assuming it's to make room for Fisher.

7 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Maybe he made a bad impression.

One weekend though? Yikes.

You can only carry 90 on the roster right now, right?

I'm not sure how many we have currently.  I think we have two more to sign from the draft class.

24 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

You can only carry 90 on the roster right now, right?

I'm not sure how many we have currently.  I think we have two more to sign from the draft class.

With Butler being waived and the signing of Antwaun Woods, Eric Fisher, and the two draft picks we have 91. 

So before those are all done one more fella will be cut.......

• Like 2

I can't see any of the UDFAs making it this year. The roster is too deep and/or has players we've invested draft picks in recently at the depth. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, stitches said:

I can't see any of the UDFAs making it this year. The roster is too deep and/or has players we've invested draft picks in recently at the depth. 

Only two options being Deon Jackson at RB or Tyler Vaughns at WR and probably ONLY if there is an injury or a trade!

• Like 2
Just now, Scott Pennock said:

Only two options being Deon Jackson at RB or Tyler Vaughns at WR and probably ONLY if there is an injury or a trade!

IMO Deon Jackson is the one that has the best chance. It's possible we take him over Wilkins whose contract expires at the end of the year. Plus he got the biggest signing bonus if I'm not mistaken... 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, stitches said:

IMO Deon Jackson is the one that has the best chance. It's possible we take him over Wilkins whose contract expires at the end of the year. Plus he got the biggest signing bonus if I'm not mistaken... 

I agree on Jackson. I could see him taking Wilkins' spot or even Mack's if he isn't able to return to form after recovering from the injury. And yea, he had the highest signing bonus.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

And just like clockwork.......OL Sam Jones was cut to get the roster to 90!

From colts.com:

The Indianapolis Colts today waived center/guard Sam Jones.

Jones, 6-5, 290 pounds, was originally signed to the Indianapolis practice squad on December 30, 2020. He participated in the Arizona Cardinals' 2020 offseason program and training camp. Jones spent the entire 2019 season on the Cardinals practice squad. As a rookie in 2018, he played in five games with the Denver Broncos. Jones was originally selected by the Broncos in the sixth round (183rd overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft.

58 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

From colts.com:

The Indianapolis Colts today waived center/guard Sam Jones.

Jones, 6-5, 290 pounds, was originally signed to the Indianapolis practice squad on December 30, 2020. He participated in the Arizona Cardinals' 2020 offseason program and training camp. Jones spent the entire 2019 season on the Cardinals practice squad. As a rookie in 2018, he played in five games with the Denver Broncos. Jones was originally selected by the Broncos in the sixth round (183rd overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft.

I think I pay pretty close attention to the roster.  Closer than most here.  

But I don’t mind freely admitting that I had no idea we had a player named Sam Jones — NO IDEA — on our roster?!?   Honestly,  I’m guessing he’s in the Federal Witness Protection Program and he was hiding in plain sight on our roster.  We’re releasing him today because it will naturally be lost with all the noise and excitement over the schedule release!  No one will notice.   No one will ever know....

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!   :peek:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
4 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Maybe a long shot, but for him to not even make OTA's is amazing..

Amazing?

Somehow the bar for amazing just got incredibly lower.   

Amazing?    Really?   

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

But I don’t mind freely admitting that I had no idea we had a player named Sam Jones — NO IDEA — on our roster?!?   Honestly,  I’m guessing he’s in the Federal Witness Protection Program and he was hiding in plain sight on our roster.  We’re releasing him today because it will naturally be lost with all the noise and excitement over the schedule release!  No one will notice.   No one will ever know....

I didn't know who he was either. Colts do that the second half the regular season - sign young players they've seen something promising in to future contracts and try them out. Glowinski was one such player. We claimed him off waivers after he was released by the Seahawks in December. He trained in our building in the off-season, made the team and by game 6 of the next season he was starting. From then on it's all history, as they say... 

Now if you follow how many of those we sign toward the end of the year(many... around 10+ players every year), you would be justified in not paying attention to any specific one. Some turn into Glowinski, but most turn into... *checks notes* ... Sam Jones.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Amazing?

Somehow the bar for amazing just got incredibly lower.   

Amazing?    Really?   

Yep, REALLY! We sign only 5, then cut one a week later, amazing, bar it where you want..

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah, he tried to make a comeback after doing that horrible Flash Gordon movie.  

But, alas, it didn’t work out….

• Haha 1

So I know most expect mack to be gone what if he still decides to come back  even after this year ? I feel like a lot keep discrediting how good he was before Jt lol his vision is still better I’d assume between the two