Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts Schedule Release (MERGE)


Recommended Posts

 

 

 

As you likely know,  the 2021 schedule is revealed Wednesday Night...   5/12...   8p your time...   5p my time...

 

 

These are things I always look for as soon as I see the schedule.   In no particular order....

 

1.    Do we start at home, or on the road?   Typically, you close your season with the opposite.    

 

2.    Marquee games?    National Games?    Are we on the big stage at all?    Anything beyond the dreaded Thursday night games which most every team gets stuck with and hates!     Ugh.  The worst.

 

3.   Bye week?    When does it happen?    I prefer late October to Early November.   Something close to the middle of the season.    We got lucky once having the bye week in week 4.    That was Luck's rookie year.    The early break allowed Chuck Pagano and his wife to see a doctor and caught his leukemia early enough to save him.    Otherwise, I hate the early bye week.   I prefer weeks 7-10.

 

4.   Hardest stretch of the schedule.   Easiest part of the schedule.   Knowing full well that what the schedule might seem like in May, might be totally different by the time that part of the season comes.

 

5.    Potential bad weather games.    So, this year,  we play Buffalo, Baltimore, Dolphins and Jags on the road.   Games in September likely means hot and humid.   Games in the northern cities in December likely means cold and even possible snow.

 

6.    Anything out of the ordinary?    Some years, one team gets screwed and has to play 3 consecutive games on the road.    I think it has most recently happened to SF and Seattle,  and those teams already put on a lot of miles traveling from the West Coast.

 

Did I leave out anything?     Is there something you look for and I didn't mention it?    Let us know!

 

The 2021 season gets REAL Wednesday Night!       

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that is based on last year records .......  teams like 49ers lost all their pro bowlers and starting QB when healthy they are a super bowl team and the patriots re tooled heavily . teams like texans j

Guess my second grade teacher is ashamed of me.

Posted Images

The dreaded "short week", where the schedule makers do something stupid like a Monday night back-to-back with a Thursday night.  3 days between games?  Thank you very much.

 

Outside of your list, I also scan for good home games that I might want to attend in person.  Am keeping my eye on the Tampa home game.  My brother lives in the Tampa area, so it may be an opportunity for him to come up to visit.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Also throw in TNF for either JAX or Titans lol.

 

TNF is the only prime time game we're sure of.  

 

We better get a game 1 home opener.  It's getting ridiculous that we start on the road every year.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I always look at what new stadium I can add to my list of stadiums I've seen the Colts play in (I'm up to 21 stadiums). Last year was the first year since 2009 that I wasn't able to attend a game :Cry:. I'm hoping  Canada gets their % together by fall so I can travel again and go to games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

 

 

As you likely know,  the 2021 schedule is revealed Wednesday Night...   5/12...   8p your time...   5p my time...

 

 

These are things I always look for as soon as I see the schedule.   In no particular order....

 

1.    Do we start at home, or on the road?   Typically, you close your season with the opposite.    

 

2.    Marquee games?    National Games?    Are we on the big stage at all?    Anything beyond the dreaded Thursday night games which most every team gets stuck with and hates!     Ugh.  The worst.

 

3.   Bye week?    When does it happen?    I prefer late October to Early November.   Something close to the middle of the season.    We got lucky once having the bye week in week 4.    That was Luck's rookie year.    The early break allowed Chuck Pagano and his wife to see a doctor and caught his leukemia early enough to save him.    Otherwise, I hate the early bye week.   I prefer weeks 7-10.

 

4.   Hardest stretch of the schedule.   Easiest part of the schedule.   Knowing full well that what the schedule might seem like in May, might be totally different by the time that part of the season comes.

 

5.    Potential bad weather games.    So, this year,  we play Buffalo, Baltimore, Dolphins and Jags on the road.   Games in September likely means hot and humid.   Games in the northern cities in December likely means cold and even possible snow.

 

6.    Anything out of the ordinary?    Some years, one team gets screwed and has to play 3 consecutive games on the road.    I think it has most recently happened to SF and Seattle,  and those teams already put on a lot of miles traveling from the West Coast.

 

Did I leave out anything?     Is there something you look for and I didn't mention it?    Let us know!

 

The 2021 season gets REAL Wednesday Night!       

 

 

I also look to see how many teams we face coming off their bye week.   I can't remember which team, but last year a team had 3 games against teams coming off their bye week.   

Since we won't have Fisher back, at least the first few games, hopefully we don't face many good edge rushing teams in games 1-4.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am praying for one home prime time game. Just one. Everytime we even get a prime time game, it feels like it's on the road.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I am praying for one home prime time game. Just one. Everytime we even get a prime time game, it feels like it's on the road.

 

 

Yeah this is ridiculous 20/27 prime time games on the road.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IndyEric07 said:

I just hope they allow fans in Vegas when Colts play there! Was goin to go to last years game until they shut the city down!

You may have to wait a few years. The Raiders are in Indy this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

The dreaded "short week", where the schedule makers do something stupid like a Monday night back-to-back with a Thursday night.  3 days between games?  Thank you very much.

 

Outside of your list, I also scan for good home games that I might want to attend in person.  Am keeping my eye on the Tampa home game.  My brother lives in the Tampa area, so it may be an opportunity for him to come up to visit.

That wouldn't happen, the short week is Sunday game still. The PA and NFL have in CBA that it has to at least be the fourth day of the week after of game before a game can be played.

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

 

TNF is the only prime time game we're sure of.  

 

We better get a game 1 home opener.  It's getting ridiculous that we start on the road every year.

 

I saw a couple years ago, the reason for this was because of some events in Indy at the early part of Sept in which it created an overally crowded city, so they tried to keep the Colts on the road that weekend. I think it is a NASCAR event. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JediXMan said:

 

 

Yeah this is ridiculous 20/27 prime time games on the road.

27 Prime Time games

Record:  11-16

Home:  1-6

Road:  10-10

Most Road Game Opponents:

Houston 5 games (3-2 record)

Tennessee 4 games (3-1 record)

Only home win vs Denver and Peyton Manning 39-33 on Oct 20, 2013

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dew5150 said:

Seahawks @ Colts 1pm on Fox per Jimmy Johnson

 

Get them early, while their O-Line is still p'oed at Wilson for dogging them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kccolts said:

What do you think the chances are of a trip to London this year?

I think London games are coming back, but probably won't include the Colts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Shive changed the title to 2021 Colts Schedule Release (MERGE)

First game of the year we host Seahawks. I saw it on colts Twitter page. Very hard first game for us .  Seahawks have a good offense but their defense has been going down hill . They have weaknesses on their offensive line and defense.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Myles said:

When is the whole schedule being released?     All I can find is the first Clts game hosting the Seahawks.  

8 pm

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some good games in week one for the entire league. I am so pumped. I hate wishing time away but I wish it was sept. Plus fans are going to be bsck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't the schedule usually leaked on twitter or the dark web or in dark alleys the day of the announcement?   Can someone post what they here? 

I wont be on twitter but will be hanging out in a dark alley all day so i'll let you know what the word on the street is.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Isn't the schedule usually leaked on twitter or the dark web or in dark alleys the day of the announcement?   Can someone post what they here? 

I wont be on twitter but will be hanging out in a dark alley all day so i'll let you know what the word on the street is.

 

There’s been partial leaks on twitter but nothing full for any team so it’s kinda dumb lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 things I look forward to about our upcoming schedule:

 

  1. Will we be part of any Thanksgiving games?
  2. Will we be part of any back-to-back road games where we go all the way from the East Coast (Bills) to the West Coast (49ers) and when the other dreaded short week comes around in December (Saturday games), if we will run into those kinds of games with travel?

 

Plus, having more 1 pm ET games frees up the rest of the day as well :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Isn't the schedule usually leaked on twitter or the dark web or in dark alleys the day of the announcement?   Can someone post what they here? 

I wont be on twitter but will be hanging out in a dark alley all day so i'll let you know what the word on the street is.

 

We will let smoke out of a chimney from 56th Street so that you can come out of your dark alley after spotting it from a distance, you will then know the schedule has been announced. :) 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

 

Thursday night games are not good.   Hopefully at home, we can win this one.  It'll be interesting to see who we play the week before and the week after or if one of those weeks is our bye.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Myles said:

Thursday night games are not good.   Hopefully at home, we can win this one.  It'll be interesting to see who we play the week before and the week after or if one of those weeks is our bye.

 

That's a great game for a Thursday night.  Rookie QB, rebuilding team, and not in our division so it's not a "must win".  

 

Love it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

 

That's a great game for a Thursday night.  Rookie QB, rebuilding team, and not in our division so it's not a "must win".  

 

Love it!

 

Hey, you never know how precious that win could be in the AFC standings in a tough AFC.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Any predictions for our first game? I would prefer a home or road game vs the Texans. 

 

Is the first game vs Seahawks a certainty?  (referring to that Jimmy Johnson reference above)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Hey, you never know how precious that win could be in the AFC standings in a tough AFC.

 

No doubt.  In order of importance, conference games matter the most right after division games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...