Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hill Or Wright?

In the early 2012 months Kendall Wright was a top 15 pick but now many have him in the Late first-Early Second round... My question is if we theorticaly if Stephen Hill another highly rated WR was also there Who would you take? IMO I love Stephen Hill and think he could turn into a Calvin Johnson type player, but im just looking for more opinions on Kendall Wright.

I would take Stephen Hill in a heartbeat. I think Kendall Wright can end up a pretty good WR on the outside, but I think he'd be a lot better in the slot. Since we already have Collie in the slot with Hill on the outside it would be more beneficial to go with Hill. Wright might be more polished, but Hill has the physical and mental tools to become a better product in the long run. With some coaching and guidance from Wayne the receiver Hill could become would be scary.

I'd definitely take Hill, when you watch the tape on that kid he just looks like a superstar in the making. Amazing size, speed, jumping ability. He easily creates separation and can win almost any jump ball. One of the things I like most about him is his toughness. He refuses to go down when he has the ball and he fights hard for an extra 3 or 4 yards every time.

in the second? no, Im taking corner in the second that is a bigger need

Good GMs draft talent, not just needs. If Jenkins or Gilmour are there then corner could be addressed. If not, anybody else is a reach. You can't just take a CB because its a need if the telent isn't there.

Good GMs draft talent, not just needs. If Jenkins or Gilmour are there then corner could be addressed. If not, anybody else is a reach. You can't just take a CB because its a need if the telent isn't there.

I know that well, but with so many good corners in the draft this year its a safe assumption one will fall to us in the second round, to draft talent and neglect needs would be repeating mistakes we have been making countless times in the past, does that mean I wouldnt take Hill if by chance all the best Corners are gone? Ill take him yes BUT not over a need, we dont NEED a wide receiver so bad this year that we give up an early round draft pick on him when we have Reggie Wayne for I believe the next three years, again do I take him if all the top Corners are taken? yes Id jump all over it, fact is we can get a decent wide receiver in the later rounds, and if need be if we end up doing as bad as most of us think we will as far as record wise goes then we can go wide receiver early in the draft next year

why?

size speed and the potential to be a true number one. honestly i would have to dig more with his coaches, etc to see what kind of receiver he really is before i would take him at 34...cause i don't want the colts takiing some who just runs post routes....

size speed and the potential to be a true number one. honestly i would have to dig more with his coaches, etc to see what kind of receiver he really is before i would take him at 34...cause i don't want the colts takiing some who just runs post routes....

Me either but thats why Im Corner cause I am sure one will fall to us that wasnt expected to in the second

1. Because their are so many good Corners this year ONE is bound to slip to us

2. after Blackmon and Floyd the talent left is a real crap shoot

3. Corner is kinda loaded this year

Me either but thats why Im Corner cause I am sure one will fall to us that wasnt expected to in the second

1. Because their are so many good Corners this year ONE is bound to slip to us

2. after Blackmon and Floyd the talent left is a real crap shoot

3. Corner is kinda loaded this year

regarding #3, this is a very deep WR class with good, nonrisky WRs other than Blackmon and Floyd. Oh and i want Stephen Hill.

I think the safer pick is Kendell Wright, but the risk/reward pick is Hill. He has more potential than Wright and could be scary with the right QB. Wright, you're getting a very good Mike Thomas. Stephen Hill, you could be looking at a almost as good Megatron, which is still very scary. He could end up being just a flop.

No I'm saying there are no risky WRs other than them. They r also safe

Ill still go Corner in the second in my opinion I dont think we have a clear number 1 sure Powers is our number 1 but when stacked against MOST other number ones (not all) in the league our number 1 just dont seem right, hes has been serviceable guy at best, NOT that I think we will find our number 1 in the draft but it goes to show you how bad we need an upgrade at that position, it could have just been the horrible scheme and strategy and I know he got hurt but Im waiting for him to have that breakout year, I want to see him get much better this year. a number 1 corner is supposed to make Quarterbacks think twice about throwing on him, Powers hasnt been that type of Corner so far

Ill still go Corner in the second in my opinion I dont think we have a clear number 1 sure Powers is our number 1 but when stacked against MOST other number ones (not all) in the league our number 1 just dont seem right, hes a serviceable guy at best, NOT that I think we will find our number 1 in the draft but it goes to show you how bad we need an upgrade at that position, it could have just been the horrible scheme and strategy and I know he got hurt but Im waiting for him to have that breakout year, I want to see him get much better this year

You can't fix everything in one offseason. Get a pass catcher to help Luck.

You can't fix everything in one offseason. Get a pass catcher to help Luck.

you mean like Wayne? I dont feel like watching the Colts get thrown on left and right at will this season, with Wayne we have a pass catcher

Wright is better now and I think he fits the offense better, but I like the upside that Hill gives. Id be happy with either. I would be happy to get a 1st round CB or WR at 34. Jenkins, Kirkpatrick or Gilmore are prolly the only 3 I'd want to take at 34. Id take WRs of Hill, Wright, Jeffery, or Randle.

Wright is better now and I think he fits the offense better, but I like the upside that Hill gives. Id be happy with either. I would be happy to get a 1st round CB or WR at 34. Jenkins, Kirkpatrick or Gilmore are prolly the only 3 I'd want to take at 34. Id take WRs of Hill, Wright, Jeffery, or Randle.

were going quarterback in the 1st :thmup:

you mean like Wayne? I dont feel like watching the Colts get thrown on left and right at will this season, with Wayne we have a pass catcher

You think we only need ONE pass catcher!!!???!!!!!???? We need more than Wayne. As I said, you can't fix everything in one offseason, fix the offense, help Luck first, and improve the defense, then next season focus on defense. Just like the Panthers. A great offense, terrible defense. Now they will get a DT, DE, and CB probably. That's what I want to do. Get some OGs, some TEs, a WR or two or three, maybe a RB late, and draft a CB or two, a NT, maybe a S or LB this season.

Of course... 1st round talent at CB or WR at 34. I would want a 1st round CB or a first round WR at the 34th pick. I dont want to reach for someone no matter what position. Need or not.

I dont think we will have to at the second round thats to early in my opinion to be reaching but the 3rd might get interesting, Id like to get Ta'amu but waiting to get him in the 4th is a risk Id get him in the 3rd and wide receiver in the 4th

1.QB

2.Corner

3.DT

4.WR

3 and 4 can flip if its a better bet Ta'amu will be their in the 4th I just dont see it

I dont think we will have to at the second round thats to early in my opinion to be reaching but the 3rd might get interesting, Id like to get Ta'amu but waiting to get him in the 4th is a risk Id get him in the 3rd and wide receiver in the 4th

1.QB

2.Corner

3.DT

4.WR

3 and 4 can flip if its a better bet Ta'amu will be their in the 4th I just dont see it

I like that order if the value is there. I have to problem with Ta'amu in 3rd.

Would you still want to go CB at 34 if Jenkins, Kirkpatrick, and Gilmore are gone?

Obviously if Jenkins or Kirk-Patrick Fall we will take them but if all goes as planned and we are left with Hill, Wright, or a CB with late 2nd - early 3rd round talent, we take Hill IMO, that being said i also wouldnt cry myself to sleep if we did end up taking Wright. Plus getting a reciever to grow with a QB if the best possible thing that could happen. Wayne will be gone in a couple of years and if we can get a stud #1 reciver whom already has chemistry with Andrew Luck, The rest of the league better watch out, Just like with Manning and Harrison.

If you want a polished product that has played outside and inside, can make catches in traffic in the middle, and has a higher floor, you go with Kendall Wright for the immediate playmaker.

If you have established WRs and can wait a year to develop a guy with potential on the route running and mental aspects of playing WR, you go with Stephen Hill.

I think it depends on Luck as well. If Luck is as good as advertised, then he will be able to make either of them look good. The only way it doesn't work is if one of them ends up with Garcon hands in the clutch. Good luck with that, Griffin.

Ill get a top corner in the second cause I know one will fall to us their they wont all go in the first, I dont want a developmental corner or one thats just serviceable (Im not convinced we have a serviceable Corner now and that includes Powers, his interceptions are awfully low for a number one corner) hopefully they will rise with this new scheme but we need to go Corner early cause their will be a good one or two fall to the second round such as Hosley or Jenkins

Either of these WRs would be great. Wright would add the speed and big play ability we don't have. Hill could develop into a huge #1WR. Would be a great choice to have to make

i would think Hill would add more speed, according to his 4.36 40' time, and more big play ability due to his size, he also could develop into a #1 which IMO wright doesnt seem like he could be

Stephen Hill has to be the most overrated player in the draft. Yeah, he's big, he's fast, but he's had next to no production and catches the ball with his body, never goes and gets it. He won't produce.