Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fisher Signing 1 Year Deal


Recommended Posts

Maybe misses 1 or 2 games, fine.  Anymore than that, this is an iffy deal. 9.8 mill and he only plays say...10 games and I'd have taken Leno. If anything, I'd rather have gone longer term and at least gotten more games out of him. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Such a weird deal. We're gonna pay him $9.4m to rehab his Achilles, and there's a strong chance he won't even play for us.    Of course, the team and doctors know where he is. And maybe the

I love the signing for the obvious potential he brings but...anytime I see a timeline with the Colts and an injury I cringe. Based on the Colts saying mid-September Im expecting him game 5 of 2027 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

What difference does it make what they expect? What actually happens is what matters. And Fisher playing in 2021 is very much up in the air. For him to play by the end of September would make him a major outlier.

I understand injuries can have setbacks. But I am not concerned he will miss the entire season at all. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

 

Again, I'd like to know what you're basing your opinion on?  Not arguing, just curious.

 

Apparently the Chiefs thought he'd be back by the start of the season.  If he's a slow healer and not back until October, it's still a great signing.  But, like you said, we won't know until we know.

 

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2021/03/01/kc-chiefs-news-eric-fisher-injury-update-achilles-mid-august-return/

 

The documented history of Achilles recovery in football players.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cbear said:

Maybe misses 1 or 2 games, fine.  Anymore than that, this is an iffy deal. 9.8 mill and he only plays say...10 games and I'd have taken Leno. If anything, I'd rather have gone longer term and at least gotten more games out of him. 

If Tevi can hold things down and be adequate getting Fisher for the playoff push will be huge.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

What are the other LT's other than Tevi on the Colts roster ?

 

Just say no to Tevi !

Davenport and Holden. Fries played tackle at PENN state bur is projected as a guard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, krunk said:

Im still sort of expecting Tevi for a game or 2.

I think it's very possible Tevi(or if someone else beats him in camp) starts the first 6-8 games(Fisher starts on PUP list... then play it by ear after that)... 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If Tevi can hold things down and be adequate getting Fisher for the playoff push will be huge.

If Sam " Tevi to the levy" performs well next to Q then we won't need Fisher next year.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

 

I just have one question - What it dogecoin?

 

 


I’m just glad Bernie Madoff was able to die having to personally hand over the crown for the most profitable scam in history when this one finally breaks. Madoff had to work so much harder to bilk his money, having to hand over the crown probably would have been enough to break his mind entirely. 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

The documented history of Achilles recovery in football players.

I have yet to see anyone say his entire season is up in the air. Part of it..sure. If we're playing the guessing game, I'd say 99% he plays at least 10 games. I wouldn't have signed him for that personally, but I have no concerns he misses the entire season at this point. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cbear said:

I have yet to see anyone say his entire season is up in the air. Part of it..sure. If we're playing the guessing game, I'd say 99% he plays at least 10 games. I wouldn't have signed him for that personally, but I have no concerns he misses the entire season at this point. 

Why?    I have concerns if he misses 2 games.   

I'm bummed we didn't go with Leno.   His chin alone could have blocked that side.    

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If Fisher does miss time, I'd hope Holden starts. He was pretty good vs the Steelers before he got hurt.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

 

More likely September.  

Is there something published that puts it in Sept?

 

Im starting to think that Ballard doesnt read these forums to get guidance on his next steps......

Just now, CR91 said:

If Fisher does miss time, I'd hope Holden starts. He was pretty good vs the Steelers before he got hurt.

I agree 

 

Holden was Hold'n his own!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If Tevi can hold things down and be adequate getting Fisher for the playoff push will be huge.

If tevi starts for let's say...5-6 games and we make the playoffs, I think that means he played well. At that point, would we break up the oline to insert fisher? Would be an interesting decision. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Is there something published that puts it in Sept?

 

Im starting to think that Ballard doesnt read these forums to get guidance on his next steps......

I agree 

 

Holden was Hold'n his own!

 

No, I have no information that Fisher wouldn't be back in September.  I read the Chiefs management was expecting him back mid-August.  So, conservatively, if he's back any time in September it's a win.

 

Great signing - as long as he comes back to his old form.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't know if it's a full rupture or a tear a full tendon rupture takes much longer to come back from. I'm sure the team had there doctor look at it and determined he could be back healthy in August. So this is a great signing our o-line is in good shape now. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cbear said:

I have yet to see anyone say his entire season is up in the air. Part of it..sure. If we're playing the guessing game, I'd say 99% he plays at least 10 games. I wouldn't have signed him for that personally, but I have no concerns he misses the entire season at this point. 

 

I appreciate your optimism, and that of the team. I just don't share it. Happy to be proven wrong on this one, don't get me wrong.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cbear said:

If tevi starts for let's say...5-6 games and we make the playoffs, I think that means he played well. At that point, would we break up the oline to insert fisher? Would be an interesting decision. 

If Tevi plays expect a lot of chipping and it will limit our offense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, stitches said:

I was thinking the same. This is incredibly steep price for someone we don't even know will be able to play. We take all the risk and get very little to nothing in return. I would have loved it if we got a 2 year 24-25M or something of the sort with the second year being team option and a reward for showing trust in him in case he recovers well. Something like... 7-17 would have been great IMO. I guess the reward in case he recovers well and signs elsewhere is the potential for a compensatory pick, but that's like.. 3 years in the future at this point. 

 

I guess in this case I hope majority of those 9-10M is tied in playing bonus. Lets wait and see the details. Usually the first number we get is one that is leaked by agent and favorable to the player side. 

I will say that if Fisher plays well enough that we have to tag him after the year (using this years tag number as reference even though it should be slightly higher next year) it would come out to two years and around $23-$24M with the tag being around $14M for OL

 

So your end goal is totally within reach if Fisher earns it and if we don’t go longer term if he does earn another payday from us. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballard has access to his doctors and access to be able to talk to Fisher on a daily basis, none of us do in here. So at this point, Ballard must think Fisher will be ready to play most of the season. It would make no sense for Ballard to sign him to a 1 year deal if he wasn't sure Fisher would be back. I am rolling with Ballard on this one, he knows more than we do.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TomDiggs said:

I will say that if Fisher plays well enough that we have to tag him after the year (using this years tag number as reference even though it should be slightly higher next year) it would come out to two years and around $23-$24M with the tag being around $14M for OL

 

So your end goal is totally within reach if Fisher earns it and if we don’t go longer term if he does earn another payday from us. 

Thanks for the number. That makes sense. For some reason I thought the tag would be more. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Superman said:

Such a weird deal. We're gonna pay him $9.4m to rehab his Achilles, and there's a strong chance he won't even play for us. 

 

Of course, the team and doctors know where he is. And maybe the deal is structured in a way that we're not on the hook if he can't go. But still... I'm on the fence on this one. Would have gone with a more reliable option.

 

Like who? 

 

Fisher is probably the most reliable option out there right now when balancing ability vs injury risk.

 

Or do you mean you would have signed someone earlier in the off-season? But even then, who?

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Tevi ends up playing the first month it’s a huge opportunity for him. He could earn a starting spot with us in 22 and make a few more dollars. If fisher plays well and comes back strong we can’t afford if after this one year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Colts obviously know more than us.

 

I still don’t like this deal. We now have 3 players that will be on the 53 coming off Achilles injuries. That’s insane, especially for a Colts team that struggles to stay healthy anyway.

 

Leno would have been a better option IMO. Now we are paying Fisher 9.5mil to play 10 games or so and just hoping he comes back and plays near 100% and back to form..... If he does play well, we lose him at end of year. If he doesn’t play well then the offense is a lot worse and we also lose him at the end of the year.

 

You would have thought Ballard would have a leaned the importance of the Oline tackle spot after last season. He knew A.C. Was going to retire this year or next....

 

Disappointing. Colts trust their medical and training staff more than anything. Thats for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

I will say that if Fisher plays well enough that we have to tag him after the year (using this years tag number as reference even though it should be slightly higher next year) it would come out to two years and around $23-$24M with the tag being around $14M for OL

 

So your end goal is totally within reach if Fisher earns it and if we don’t go longer term if he does earn another payday from us. 

I think you are right on this

 

If Fisher is back healthy by mid year and also is back to Pro bowl level, we CAN tag him for the following year, I believe

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Myles said:

Why?    I have concerns if he misses 2 games.   

I'm bummed we didn't go with Leno.   His chin alone could have blocked that side.    

HA! That must be some chin!

 

No concerns only due to the fact that I haven't heard many say that. In fact, it's the other way around. I also don't think Ballard would have signed him if he had concerns he'd miss the entire season. If he did and still did this, I'd have to reconsider my opinion on him tbh. That's why I'm thinking a couple games at most. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

The Colts obviously know more than us.

 

I still don’t like this deal. We now have 3 players that will be on the 53 coming off Achilles injuries. That’s insane, especially for a Colts team that struggles to stay healthy anyway.

 

Leno would have been a better option IMO. Now we are paying Fisher 9.5mil to play 10 games or so and just hoping he comes back and plays near 100% and back to form..... If he does play well, we lose him at end of year. If he doesn’t play well then the offense is a lot worse and we also lose him at the end of the year.

 

You would have thought Ballard would have a leaned the importance of the Oline tackle spot after last season. He knew A.C. Was going to retire this year or next....

 

Disappointing. Colts trust their medical and training staff more than anything. Thats for sure.

The thing is Dayo and Mack have players in front of them to carry the load. Mack was 80% back in March when we signed him. As much as everyone is ragging on Tevi he has a lot of starting experience.

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think you are right on this

 

If Fisher is back healthy by mid year and also is back to Pro bowl level, we CAN tag him for the following year, I believe

 

I don’t think we can afford that with all the extensions coming.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

If Tevi plays expect a lot of chipping and it will limit our offense. 

In my scenario, if tevi stared for 5-6 games and we make the playoffs, that would mean we didn't limit our offense. If he does, I'm not sure we make the playoffs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess a good part of this signing is that he is likely to be ready to play for the most important part of the year - the stretch run in the regular season and the playoffs. Now the question is - can we hold and be a winning team until he returns? Like I said in previous thread - it's very possible that one single position is not as problematic if everybody else stays healthy, but still... our OL has been our strength for the last 2-3 years so if we drop to about average, how would that affect Wentz and the offensive playcalling? Will Reich be extra conservative with it similar to how he was in the first several games after Luck's return? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the move , but we have a lot riding on luck and health , Campbell , Mack , rookie DE , turay, fisher , etc… and if Carson can be effective but I’m all in every year as always 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mackrel829 said:

 

Like who? 

 

Fisher is probably the most reliable option out there right now when balancing ability vs injury risk.

 

Or do you mean you would have signed someone earlier in the off-season? But even then, who?

 

Leno is a realistic option right now.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

 

I don’t think we can afford that with all the extensions coming.

I think we actually can

 

The most expensive positions are QB, LT and DE

 

Wentz contract is middling

DE is on rookie contract

 

This should give us some $$$ to spend on LT

 

We shouldnt be out of whack too bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

What are the other LT's other than Tevi on the Colts roster ?

 

Just say no to Tevi !

 

Will Holden would be the biggest competition, IMO. 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

Leno is a realistic option right now.

 

I think this move was hedging, should Leno's demands go out of our ballpark, with just 1 team overpaying him more than his market value. If we can get Leno for $6-7 mil. for 1 year, Ballard would be a genius. Let us see how his visits with other teams go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

Leno is a realistic option right now.

You think so?

I would have liked to sign him to a 2-4 year deal instead of Fisher.   He's been good and always plays.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...