Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

They are kind of a big thing down here with the addition of their top draft pick who is a local kid

I lived in illinois for 14 years, and met 2 White Sox fans other than at US Cellular. SO for me it is just a making fun of a team that never had fans through the state 

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I lived in illinois for 14 years, and met 2 White Sox fans other than at US Cellular. SO for me it is just a making fun of a team that never had fans through the state 

The Grandnephew of a former colleague of my parents is Chris Sale

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 5:13 PM, NFLfan said:

@Coltsman1788 I have not seen you in a while. How are you doing? How is your favorite baseball team looking? Stop by this thread every now and then. :)

Hi friend!   Thanks for checking on me.  I sent you a personal message.  All is well with me. I can't say the same for my Birds.  They went on a 19 game losing streak which ended a couple days ago against Ohani of all pitchers.  Lol.  They almost tied the franchise record of 21 loses in a row set in 1988...I believe.  It was the season when they started off 0-21.  Aye carumba!  Its difficult being an O's fan but I'm sticking in there with them.  

• Like 1

The Reds have now lost two series in a row to the Brewers and Miami. And then tonight the bats continued to be silent. As I predicted, the Cards are now crawling back into the playoff race and will inevitably make it past both Cincy and the Padres by the end of the season. 

The Reds have no one to blame but themselves for a disappointing season. 

On 8/28/2021 at 9:34 PM, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

They did it! The Cubs had a 6-0 lead and didn't blow it!

Only to get demolished Sunday

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The Reds have now lost two series in a row to the Brewers and Miami. And then tonight the bats continued to be silent. As I predicted, the Cards are now crawling back into the playoff race and will inevitably make it past both Cincy and the Padres by the end of the season. 

Oprah Winfrey Relax GIF

• Haha 1

@NFLfan have you seen what is going on with your team, specifically Pillar, Javy, and Lindor? From the outside view I am :lol: especially as them all criticizing Javy, but it is who he is, and who we as Cubs fan knows. He will always speak honestly, and doing it back at them is his way as he is an emotional player that needs the fans to help him

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

@NFLfan have you seen what is going on with your team, specifically Pillar, Javy, and Lindor? From the outside view I am :lol: especially as them all criticizing Javy, but it is who he is, and who we as Cubs fan knows. He will always speak honestly, and doing it back at them is his way as he is an emotional player that needs the fans to help him

The Mets was not a good landing spot for Javy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

As of now for the final WC spot, it looks like this:

Reds 71-62

Padres 69-62 (1 back)

Cards 67-63 (2.5 back)

-Cards are hanging around but it is still the Reds who own the spot. As of now ESPN is showing the Reds having a 57% chance to make the playoffs, Padres are at 25.3%, and the Cards are only at 6.5%. Cards beat the Reds tonight, we will see how tomorrow's game goes. Lester looked great tonight for the Cards, I just seen some highlights.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As of now for the final WC spot, it looks like this:

Reds 71-62

Padres 69-62 (1 back)

Cards 67-63 (2.5 back)

-Cards are hanging around but it is still the Reds who own the spot. As of now ESPN is showing the Reds having a 57% chance to make the playoffs, Padres are at 25.3%, and the Cards are only at 6.5%. Cards beat the Reds tonight, we will see how tomorrow's game goes. Lester looked great tonight for the Cards, I just seen some highlights.

Amazing how the Padres are barely hanging onto a WC spot given all the money and transactions they made in the off season.  Goes to prove you can't always buy a championship.  Love seeing the Giants in 1st place ahead of the Dodger$ and Padre$

• Like 1

Reds and Cardinals split a DH, so Cards miss a chance to gain ground in the WC race and I see the Dodgers are back in 1st place in the NL West.

SF and Cincy are WC teams now, but the Padres are just a half game behind the Reds.

September is going to be exciting for those last playoff spots.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 9:34 AM, Barry Sears said:

Amazing how the Padres are barely hanging onto a WC spot given all the money and transactions they made in the off season.  Goes to prove you can't always buy a championship.  Love seeing the Giants in 1st place ahead of the Dodger$ and Padre$

True, but it sure helps.   Just ask the top 2 payrolls in the league (Dodgers and Yankees).   Heck the Dodgers payroll is $60 million more than the 10th highest in the league.

10 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Cubs beat the Pirates in extra innings on an infield pop up single by Ian happ with 2 outshaha. The most pirate way to lose a game, sorry @buccolts

Cubs got a 3 game winning for the first time in like 2 months it feels like

Didn’t even know when or who the Cubs were playing  as the las vegas dancing GIF by WNBA and Wnba Draft Sport GIF by WNBA had a big game against the Chicago Sky and pulled out the W

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Cubs win their 5th straight now! On a funny walkoff win again. That is 2 of the 3 games they won funny ways

Should I dare I say it, Fly the flag Hozer haha . We are running the table, called it last night haha . I am joking but this is getting fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The yankees after winning 14 in a row and got back in division title race... then lost like 4 in a row, took them extra innings to beat to edge out Orioles and then lost to them today.

Law of averages in baseball, you get on a streak and then you get in a bit of tailspin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Should I dare I say it, Fly the flag Hozer haha . We are running the table, called it last night haha . I am joking but this is getting fun.

image.jpeg.93e514a5e944e1f73a433c105f9a2542.jpeg

image.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

*feels weird flying it, I think that’s the first time I’ve done it since we lost the big 3,

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

What do you mean, we still got Schwindel, Wisdom, and Ortegahaha

No names until this season that are starting to get a lot of attention, hopefully there’s a bright future with those 3, unless Hoyer deals them off too:censored:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

No names until this season that are starting to get a lot of attention, hopefully there’s a bright future with those 3, unless Hoyer deals them off too:censored:

I mean all 3 are 29/30 already so likely to just be an enjoyable time watching them do well. I mean you assume they wont do well for a longtime as they are older already.

Also Cubs win 6th Straight! 2 Grand Slams by Duffy and Schwindel (Also Pirates had a Grand Slam too). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I mean all 3 are 29/30 already so likely to just be an enjoyable time watching them do well. I mean you assume they wont do well for a longtime as they are older already.

Also Cubs win 6th Straight! 2 Grand Slams by Duffy and Schwindel (Also Pirates had a Grand Slam too). 

I was thinking the same thing

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

That the current hot shots aren’t the future due to heir ages

Ya, It is fun though to watch them having success. Maybe Schwindel and Wisdom can at least be something for the next couple years at 1B/3B and Ortega as a platoon, bench OF. 

As of now I think last year would be something like this

VS Lefties. (Hermosillo and may Wisdom in OF for Righties and Bote at 3rd) 

Happ           Ortega          Heyward

Hoerner           Madrigal

Wisdom                            Schwindel

Hendricks

Contreras       

My hope version would be something more like this (With DH)

Happ                Davis           Hermosillo

Baez           Hoerner

Wisdom                         Schwindel

Hendricks

Contreras

Madrigal (DH)

Bench 

Heyward (DEF and some sport starts vs hard RHPs)

Ortega (rotates in with Hermosillo) 

Rivas

Chrinos (Maybe Amaya at end of year or 23)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I meant future as in rest of this season, next season so that we’re not stuck back in the lovable losers days again! Obviously this seasons in the toilet but would be nice to see them end on a high note, although draft position would suffer. I want to watch competitive baseball, and want to be excited to go watch them again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1