Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Jay Kirk, @HOZER @2006Coltsbestever@buccolts, @Coltsman1788 , @Mel Kiper's Hair @Barry Sears @RollerColt    Just alerting you that this is the new Baseball thread. Enjoy the season!  

Where am I? What is this newfound thread? 

I'm here and thanks for getting this one set up.  It is a bit strange to lock the other long-lasting thread.  Ironically, it happened on the same day this happened -    https://www.mlbtrader

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dunk said:

Appreciate the invite, but I really have not followed MLB for several years, so probably can't offer too much.

Tom Seaver and Jesse Orozco are the only two Mets I can remember, and I'm not even sue Oroszco was a Met?

That's ok. Orosco was a Met. He threw the final pitch to beat the Red Sox in the 1986 World Series. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Cardinals clinch at least a split for this series with the Cubs...Yadi with the walk-off winner in the 10th inning.

I was nice to see Molina able to get a hit off Kimbrell.   

I'm actually fine if they split but a win today would be a huge bonus.  

It'll be 5 games on the road against Cincy and Cleveland after tonight's game.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Myles said:

I was nice to see Molina able to get a hit off Kimbrell.   

I'm actually fine if they split but a win today would be a huge bonus.  

It'll be 5 games on the road against Cincy and Cleveland after tonight's game.

Yes, would really like another win and to take 3 of 4 from the Cubs.

The Memphis Redbirds swept the double-header I went to last night and have won 11 straight now.

They won the first game 1-0 in extra innings.  Top pitching prospect Matthew Liberatore pitched 6 innings, allowed 4 hits, no runs and struck out 9.

Redbirds won the second game with a rally in the top of the 7th for a 5-4 win.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Yes, would really like another win and to take 3 of 4 from the Cubs.

The Memphis Redbirds swept the double-header I went to last night and have won 11 straight now.

They won the first game 1-0 in extra innings.  Top pitching prospect Matthew Liberatore pitched 6 innings, allowed 4 hits, no runs and struck out 9.

Redbirds won the second game with a rally in the top of the 7th for a 5-4 win.

That's awesome.  Liberatore is their best minor league prospect.   The Cards only have 3 prospects ranked in the top 100.    This is unusual for them.   They usually have a stronger farm system.   

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Myles said:

That's awesome.  Liberatore is their best minor league prospect.   The Cards only have 3 prospects ranked in the top 100.    This is unusual for them.   They usually have a stronger farm system.   

True.  Also saw Nolan Gorman play, who was slated to be the third baseman of the future, but since acquiring Arenado, he has been playing second base in the minors this year.  Started the season at AA and was promoted to AAA in June, I believe.  They are grooming him to take over at second base in the majors next year or the year after, OR he can be ready for third base if Arenado exercises his opt out this off-season.  Gorman has good power and hits for a decent average.

• Like 1

That's A Winner!  Cardinals take 3 of 4 from the Cubbies.  We're back over the .500 mark, so who knows what will happen, but at least STL is not rolling over at this point.

Trade deadline coming up quickly, so there will be a lot of news in the next several days.

I see the Rays picked up Nelson Cruz...should help them down the stretch, he brings a big bat to their liineup.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

That's A Winner!  Cardinals take 3 of 4 from the Cubbies.  We're back over the .500 mark, so who knows what will happen, but at least STL is not rolling over at this point.

Trade deadline coming up quickly, so there will be a lot of news in the next several days.

I see the Rays picked up Nelson Cruz...should help them down the stretch, he brings a big bat to their liineup.

I hope the Cards stay neutral through the trading.   At only 7 games back, they do have a chance, but not enough to give up an already depleted minor league roster.  Let this current team continue to gel and hope some pitching comes back.  

Awfully quiet in here when the Cubs lose.

• Like 1
Just now, Myles said:

I hope the Cards stay neutral through the trading.   At only 7 games back, they do have a chance, but not enough to give up an already depleted minor league roster.  Let this current team continue to gel and hope some pitching comes back.  

Awfully quiet in here when the Cubs lose.

I agree, the only thing that would make sense is to get a SP, but to trade someone on the current 40 man roster, or some low level prospects.  We should get Mikolas back before too long, and maybe give Liberatore a shot before the end of the year.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

453163978_Screenshot2021-07-23100528.thumb.jpg.e4b84410c136e1c7eacf0879de76e659.jpg

Screenshot 2021-07-23 100709.jpg

Screenshot 2021-07-23 100746.jpg

46 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Reaction Hello GIF by MOODMAN
Cleveland Indians are now the Cleveland Guardians 

I did not realize this was something they were working on. The Washington Football Team still has no name now. 

I wonder how they decided to go with "Guardians" ??

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I did not realize this was something they were working on. The Washington Football Team still has no name now. 

I wonder how they decided to go with "Guardians" ??

They announced a change process before the season 

• Like 1