Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is looking bad today so far. Down 6-1 to the Pirates in the 3rd. It is tough to sweep anyone but I was hoping for it. Who knows, maybe we can come back but it looks bleak.

That first inning was terribly unlucky. Crap content kept falling, to weak to do double plays. Just terrible luck

NL CENTRAL STANDINGS

1. Cardinals   21W  14L

2. Brewers     19W  16L

3. Cubs          17W  17L

4. Reds          15W  15L

5. Pirates       14W  19L

Black and Blue Division indeed. Reds vs. Pirates and Cards vs. Brewers to start the week. Cubbies get to play a well-rested Indians team. 

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

NL CENTRAL STANDINGS

1. Cardinals   21W  14L

2. Brewers     19W  16L

Black and Blue Division indeed. Reds vs. Pirates and Cards vs. Brewers to start the week. Cubbies get to play a well-rested Indians team. 

I don't think anyone will pull away in this division if we can keep the Brew crew in check.   They are the only team I think is capable of running away with it.    now if the Cards can sweep them, the Cardinals could have a good lead.  

I had to look up what you meant by a well-rested Indians team.   Their game yesterday was postponed and they are off today.   You would think they will be ready to play.   Good luck.  

I see it is only a 2 game series with the Indians, so the Cubs get Monday and Thursday off this week.   You should be well rested too. 

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

NL CENTRAL STANDINGS

1. Cardinals   21W  14L

2. Brewers     19W  16L

Cardinals with the best record in the NL and second best in MLB...I like it!!!!

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I had to look up what you meant by a well-rested Indians team.   Their game yesterday was postponed and they are off today.   You would think they will be ready to play.   Good luck.  

I see it is only a 2 game series with the Indians, so the Cubs get Monday and Thursday off this week.   You should be well rested too. 

Yep, weather prevented my Reds from winning the Battle of Ohio, but gave both teams a break. 

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

Cardinals with the best record in the NL and second best in MLB...I like it!!!!

The extra games at home helped.   2 weeks ago they had played several more road games than at home.   Now they have played 5 more home games than road games.  The next 2 series will be tough and I hope they can go .500 against the Brew Crew and the Padres on the road.  

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yep, weather prevented my Reds from winning the Battle of Ohio, but gave both teams a break. 

Fill me in on the Reds.   I thought their pitching and batting was going to be strong this season.   Will they put it together or are they a .500 team for the season?

34 minutes ago, Myles said:

Fill me in on the Reds.   I thought their pitching and batting was going to be strong this season.   Will they put it together or are they a .500 team for the season?

They'll stay at .500 all season. Good, but not good enough. Our starting pitchers are very strong (although Castillo is struggling early) and our offense is capable of scoring 10+ runs when they're on fire. But the true Achilles heel is our pitchers for relief and closing. 

We'll often be up by a few scores going into the 5th or 6th inning, just to lose it afterwards. Very frustrating, because we're probably capable to have at least 20 wins by this point. 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

They'll stay at .500 all season. Good, but not good enough. Our starting pitchers are very strong (although Castillo is struggling early) and our offense is capable of scoring 10+ runs when they're on fire. But the true Achilles heel is our pitchers for relief and closing. 

We'll often be up by a few scores going into the 5th or 6th inning, just to lose it afterwards. Very frustrating, because we're probably capable to have at least 20 wins by this point. 

That's a bummer.   I remember thinking before last season that they look like they turned the corner.

2 hours ago, Myles said:

That's a bummer.   I remember thinking before last season that they look like they turned the corner.

They did end up trading the Closer, and losing Bauer and Descalifini (SP). in FA. They don't have a true SS, and just lost Votto. I am surprised their offense was still doing so well, but GABP is very homerun hitting friendly this year it seems

27 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

They did end up trading the Closer, and losing Bauer and Descalifini (SP). in FA. They don't have a true SS, and just lost Votto. I am surprised their offense was still doing so well, but GABP is very homerun hitting friendly this year it seems

Yeah, it was a mess of an offseason. We all knew the brass wouldn't pony up the necessary money for Bauer, but all of this wheeling and dealing "for the future" is getting old. The forever rebuilding continues.

Until Votto returns, the management will be playing musical Reds... 

On 5/6/2021 at 9:02 PM, NFLfan said:

@Jay Kirk, @HOZER @2006Coltsbestever@buccolts, @Coltsman1788 , @Mel Kiper's Hair @Barry Sears @RollerColt 

Just alerting you that this is the new Baseball thread. Enjoy the season!

(The other regulars have already posted comments here. I apologize if I have forgotten to mention someone.)

I dont really mind it seems only one person i seen complained though.  So who officially runs this thread ? Lol Im finally back on days so actually will have time to post some now . How about your Mets  NFL ? Not bad so far . 

51 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I dont really mind it seems only one person i seen complained though.  So who officially runs this thread ? Lol Im finally back on days so actually will have time to post some now . How about your Mets  NFL ? Not bad so far . 

They are okay. As you know, I am not a fan of signing players for humongous contracts unless they are our own players (like deGrom or Alonso). I was not pleased with the Lindor contract and he is not playing at the level of someone with that salary. 

How are the Cards? How is Goldschmidt doing? That was the kind of signing that I like. 

Talk to you soon.

4 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

I am ok with the new thread. I did post that if we are start a new one that your name had to be in it. You technically still run it because you started the old one. Glad to see you are back. I see your Cards are in 1st place. Cubs have been up and down so far and at .500 (17-17)

16 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

2br.gif

On 5/10/2021 at 11:03 AM, Myles said:

The extra games at home helped.   2 weeks ago they had played several more road games than at home.   Now they have played 5 more home games than road games.  The next 2 series will be tough and I hope they can go .500 against the Brew Crew and the Padres on the road.  

Yes, I'm quoting myself.  :highfive2:

I noticed that the Cubs have played 21 games at home and only 13 on the road.   Now they play 11 of their next 15 on the road.   Mostly regional, so no west coast trips.  

30 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@Coltsman1788 I see that your team is playing mine in NY. I know nothing about this Orioles team. I don't even know who the manager is. Lol.  Which players should I be watching? 

No runs through 2 innings.

Brandon Hyde former Cubs Bench Coach, And Means certainly is he is coming off the No-Hitter last week

On 5/8/2021 at 12:39 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Matt Harvey, he was your favorite right? Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

I just learned that Harvey pitches for the Orioles now. I just saw a commercial on TV showing that he will pitch in this series. 

I once liked Harvey very much, but I was not displeased when he left the Mets.

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Brandon Hyde former Cubs Bench Coach, And Means certainly is he is coming off the No-Hitter last week

I wondered if he was the one who had the no-hitter. (I was too lazy the check on the previous page in this thread. haha)

So far the Cards are ruling the NL Central, it doesn't surprise me. Here are the standings through May 11th, 2021:

1. Cards 22-14

2. Brewers 19-17 (3 back)

3. Cubs 17-18 (4.5 back) .486%

4. Reds 16-17 (4.5 back) .485%

5. Pirates 15-20 (6.5 back)

-What I am seeing so far is very inconsistent play from the Cubs and Reds. Both teams are basically average so far. Win a few, then lose a few. Brewers looked to be above average as they have won many games without Yelich. Pirates looked to be the worse team in the division but they are still tough to beat on any given night. They took down the Reds tonight.

Just now, NFLfan said:

As @Jay Kirk would say, baseball is a marathon, not a sprint. No need to be too upset about a game or two in May. Now in September, you have more reason to be worried.

I have always said Baseball doesn't start until June. Just have to be .500 going into June, hopefully we will be or a little better. I am just having fun with losing 2 in a row again but it still stinks lmao 

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@Coltsman1788 I see that your team is playing mine in NY. I know nothing about this Orioles team. I don't even know who the manager is. Lol.  Which players should I be watching? 

No runs through 2 innings.

Hi NFLfan!  Congrats on the walkoff win.  The cupboard is pretty bare in Baltimore these days. Bunch of new unrecognizable faces to me to be honest after they jettisoned the last group of good players out of Baltimore (Machado, Schoop, Britton, etc.). Noteworthy current players are John Means who pitched well again tonight following the no hitter; and Trey Mancini, RF most notable as a Cancer survivor. Not too many stars these days. Birds haven’t won a game since the no hit win. SMH 

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So far the Cards are ruling the NL Central, it doesn't surprise me. Here are the standings through May 11th, 2021:

1. Cards 22-14

2. Brewers 19-17 (3 back)

3. Cubs 17-18 (4.5 back) .486%

4. Reds 16-17 (4.5 back) .485%

5. Pirates 15-20 (6.5 back)

-What I am seeing so far is very inconsistent play from the Cubs and Reds. Both teams are basically average so far. Win a few, then lose a few. Brewers looked to be above average as they have won many games without Yelich. Pirates looked to be the worse team in the division but they are still tough to beat on any given night. They took down the Reds tonight.

the Cardinals are hitting very opportunistically.   They are 17th in the league in batting average.  22nd in OBP, but they are scoring when needed.

Last nights game against the Brew Crew:

1 hit through 7 innings

2 hits through 10 innings

Score 5 in the 11th to win.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs lose 3-2 to the Indians, here we go again frustrated anger management GIF

Gotta remember we are also currently missing/injured in the OF. Basically our healthiest OF right now is Joc who just came back, Heyward got a bone bruise, KB is sick, Happ out with Ribs, Marisnick out with Hamstring. Hoerner out with forearm. Today our starting OF has Duffy who was not known to be a OF utility guy playing LF

12 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Hi NFLfan!  Congrats on the walkoff win.  The cupboard is pretty bare in Baltimore these days. Bunch of new unrecognizable faces to me to be honest after they jettisoned the last group of good players out of Baltimore (Machado, Schoop, Britton, etc.). Noteworthy current players are John Means who pitched well again tonight following the no hitter; and Trey Mancini, RF most notable as a Cancer survivor. Not too many stars these days. Birds haven’t won a game since the no hit win. SMH 

Thank you. I did not see it when it happened but this morning, I saw something about the Mets winning 3-2. I have to check out what happened.

Means looks like a keeper. 

I have never visited Camden Yards. I hear that it is still among the best baseball parks. I wish to visit one day. Have you been there?

@PuntersArePeopleToo I know you have been to many. I believe that you wrote that you have been there. Am I remembering correctly?

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you. I did not see it when it happened but this morning, I saw something about the Mets winning 3-2. I have to check out what happened.

Means looks like a keeper. 

I have never visited Camden Yards. I hear that it is still among the best baseball parks. I wish to visit one day. Have you been there?

@PuntersArePeopleToo I know you have been to many. I believe that you wrote that you have been there. Am I remembering correctly?

That is one of those I have not, I am hoping in summer 2022 to go. Basically fly to my cousin in Newark, take train down to Baltimore and catch the game, then to DC and spend a few days get nationals and see other stuff in capitol. 

So far I have for MLB teams, NYM, NYY, CHI, CWS, BOS, TOR, PHI, CIN, STL, MIL, KC. I will be in SEA on the 28th of this month and in AZ on the 11th of next month for my 12th and 13th MLB parks

Archived