Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OROY Trevor Lawrence 

I am compelled to say DeVonta Smith because I think he will be very successful. 

Lawrence will start immediately so if has a somewhat decent year I fully expect him to be the heavy favorite. 

DROY

I really like what WFT did in this entire mock and I think Jamin Davis will have success with making plays behind their D-Line

I'm going to go Ja'marr Chase in Cincinnati for OROY. He has a built in relationship with Joe Burrow and I fully expect 80 catches.

Obviously with less defensive talent in this draft DROY is tougher. I'm gonna go chalk and select Patrick Surtain II for Denver. He was a blanket at Alabama, was probably coached up from birth to be a corner by his father, and will be a Day 1 starter. 

3 minutes ago, MPStack said:

DROY K.Paye

OROY K. Granson

who do they play for again?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think Kwity Paye has a decent shot to win DROY due to the position he plays and that rookie DEs that can get sacks are usually favored to win the award. Not to mention Buckner will demand a lot of attention so that should free Paye up some. 

For OROY I’ll go with Mac Jones. QBs usually win the award and Jones has the best shot at starting early after Lawrence of course. Plus I think Mac will have better coaching and a better offense around him over Lawrence year 1. 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, BProland85 said:

For OROY I’ll go with Mac Jones. QBs usually win the award and Jones has the best shot at starting early after Lawrence of course. Plus I think Mac will have better coaching and a better offense around him over Lawrence year 1. 

Umm Zach Wilson is a day 1 starter so I would say other than Lawrence, Wilson is a better possibility than Jones. 

OROY: Zach Wilson

DROY: Jamin Davis

Love these two. Wilson is the best QB in the draft IMO and it's not even close. He'll have every opportunity to succeed on a Jets team that is starting to rebuild the right way with Joe Douglas as GM and a new coach in Robert Saleh.

Jamin Davis is a Darius Leonard clone. I think he is the best LBer in the class and should easily dominate on a Redskins defense that has an elite Defensive Line already. Imagine Leonard numbers in year 1 if he doesn't get hurt.

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

Umm Zach Wilson is a day 1 starter so I would say other than Lawrence, Wilson is a better possibility than Jones. 

I agree.   Depending on how Cam does, Jones may or may not see the field.    That's IF Bill was telling the truth when he said Cam is the starter. Outside of the QB's, I think Pitts has a good shot.

• Like 1

Offense-Rb has won this award 3x as many time as any other position though last 6 years divided equally with QB.  I think Etienne could put up big numbers in Jacksonville (James Robinson got 1,000 yards for them last year and Travis twice the player James is and has Lawrence to keep teams honest and has much better hands).

Defense- Last 15 years Linebacker has won this award the most times-6 followed by Edge-4. Top Linebacker drafted Micah Parsons of Cowboys and he will be starting Day 1 so give him the nod here.

On 5/2/2021 at 10:41 PM, BProland85 said:

For OROY I’ll go with Mac Jones. QBs usually win the award and Jones has the best shot at starting early after Lawrence of course. Plus I think Mac will have better coaching and a better offense around him over Lawrence year 

It’ll be interesting.  Mac’s college receiving corps would have been one of the best in the NFL, and they were playing against college DBs.  No Patriot WR would have sniffed the field at Bama.  I’m not so sure the adjustment will be easy for him without a solid receiving corps...

58 minutes ago, Archer said:

It’ll be interesting.  Mac’s college receiving corps would have been one of the best in the NFL, and they were playing against college DBs.  No Patriot WR would have sniffed the field at Bama.  I’m not so sure the adjustment will be easy for him without a solid receiving corps...

Kylen branson with 75 catches for 1100 yards and 18 tds

• Like 2

Offense: Lawrence. It just makes too much sense to bet against.

Defense: Parsons

I definitely want to say Paye as I imagine he'll have a big role fairly early, but Parsons feels safer.

• Like 1

Well the odds I'm looking at have Lawrence and Parsons taking the honors, but I'm more inclined to bank on Davis for DROY. The WFT defense is no joke and the NFC East as we all know was a joke last year.

On 5/4/2021 at 6:34 AM, Archer said:

True. But they did invest in Hunter Henry, Jonnu Smith and Nelson Agholor, so Mac Jones may not be walking into as bad a situation as Cam did last year.

• Like 1

Yeah, they did improve the TE corps, but don’t think of those guys as Kelsey/Gronk-In-his-prime weapons.  Agholor is by far the best wide receiver on the team, which ain’t good.  And at least Cam had Edelman last year.  I think that even including the new TEs, the receiving corps is way below average.  But they do have a really good OL, which is something...

On 5/5/2021 at 2:50 PM, RNGDShobby said:

Not sure if Parsons will start day one with Smith and LVE there. As 3rd LB sure but limited snaps for a while.

OROY; Trevor Lawrence
DROY; Kwity Paye or Jamin Davis

He was drafted 12th overall. He will b starting

• Like 1