Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UDFA update thread

15 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

He's 6'2" 215. Here's his TDN profile:

Originally starting his career at Michigan, Tarik Black spent three seasons in Ann Arbor prior to transferring to Texas. Battling previous injuries but wanting a fresh start elsewhere, he was in search of a new beginning. At Texas, he only recorded 10 catches for 240 yards and a touchdown. Black is a big-body receiver that has spent time both in the slot and on the perimeter. A one-speed target, he runs routes at his own pace. That tempo doesn’t pose much of a threat consistently to defensive backs and he often wants to turn routes into a physical matchup. Knowing that he has a chance to win in that fashion, he can high point passes and win. Displaying physicality in route stems, he’s been able to generate production that way, but the lack of separation factor is an area that could always be a constant issue for him in the long run. Black’s injury history is also one that is notable as he’s suffered a cracked bone in his left foot (2017) and a fractured right foot (2018). 

9 hours ago, JoeThornburg said:

Jesus.

All this because of COVID. What an insane year. Don't think I've ever seen this much activity in UDFA this soon.

Eh, its usually pretty insane as soon as that last pick is made.

9 hours ago, JoeThornburg said:

Jesus.

All this because of COVID. What an insane year. Don't think I've ever seen this much activity in UDFA this soon.

It is not because of COVID. Every year, even before the last pick is made, many sites already have threads up waiting to add UDFAs. This year, the Falcons seemed to have signed many. In 2018, the Vikings signed many of the players that folks were eyeing like Holton Hill, Hercules Mata'afa, Jake Wieneke, Jeff Badet, Roc Thomas, Mike Boone and others. This year, there has not been much activity with us in landing UDFAs.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It is not because of COVID. Every year, even before the last pick is made, many sites already have threads up waiting to add UDFAs. This year, the Falcons seemed to have signed many. In 2018, the Vikings signed many of the players that folks were eyeing like Holton Hill, Hercules Mata'afa, Jake Wieneke, Jeff Badet, Roc Thomas, Mike Boone and others. This year, there has not been much activity with us in landing UDFAs.

Not much action for the Colts either. Has actually been a pretty quiet year for UDFA.

Just now, w87r said:

Not much action for the Colts either. Has actually been a pretty quiet year for UDFA.

Definitely quieter than normal, but the Falcons seemed to have signed a whole bunch. I counted 15 yesterday but it may have gone up. We signed about 7 this year but no one I know. Fans seem happy about the kicker from Memphis (Riley). Shafty wrote that I would like the WR from Indiana. 

Looks like the Colts signed at least one guy that you like. Right?

This time of year is a lot of fun. Can't wait for training camp now. :)

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Definitely quieter than normal, but the Falcons seemed to have signed a whole bunch. I counted 15 yesterday but it may have gone up. We signed about 7 this year but no one I know. Fans seem happy about the kicker from Memphis (Riley). Shafty wrote that I would like the WR from Indiana. 

Looks like the Colts signed at least one guy that you like. Right?

This time of year is a lot of fun. Can't wait for training camp now. :)

I like all 5 of our players we signed.

Really like Black and Vaughn(I am a USC fan)

And 2 LBs make sense as well.

The RB is explosive, but is tasked with tough task to stick around.

8 hours ago, Shive said:

Eh, its usually pretty insane as soon as that last pick is made.

In terms of the talent that's there, I think it is a little different this year. It just feels more pronounced to me this year because of the cap issues a lot of teams are having. 

14 hours ago, w87r said:

I like all 5 of our players we signed.

Really like Black and Vaughn(I am a USC fan)

And 2 LBs make sense as well.

The RB is explosive, but is tasked with tough task to stick around.

It is going to be tough for any RB to crack the Top 4, where Taylor, Mack, Hines and Wilkins seem to be entrenched. 

We are so deep at WR going to be hard for a rookie to break through even Strachan. Odds are we keep 6 and try and stash a couple on P.S.

TY-lock

Pittman-lock

Campbell-lock

Pascal-lock

Patmon-secure

Harris-inside track for final spot

Strachan- p.s. unless injury occurs

Dulin- caught in numbers crunch

Nelson- long shot

Vaughn- practice squad

Black- not enough room

Jennings- draft bust though not ours

Davis-camp body

1 hour ago, Two_pound said:

I would keep Dulin over Patmon and Harris because Dulin and Odum are demons on special teams.

I do like what Dulin brings to special teams and he may find a home elsewhere if he gets cut, but we have several special team aces  and Harris is used in sweeps that Dulin can't run so doubt he is the odd man out. Patmon has the size and speed which cant be taught and has been working with Wentz already out west, I expect him to have a role after a basically redshirt Freshman campaign. 

We have one of the deepest WR core in the league, talented players are going to miss the cut unless injuries strike before the cut down date.

7 hours ago, Two_pound said:

I would keep Dulin over Patmon and Harris because Dulin and Odum are demons on special teams.

The new SS we drafted is a 6 core special teamer too and has already been mentioned as a compliment to Odum. Not discounting Dulin being a good special teamer, but, if he gets beat out by a better receiver then so be it

• w87r unpinned this topic

Archived