Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please allow me to scream!

Every year now, it does make me laugh about the post draft comments. The ones that are way over the top, either too enthusiastic and over the top, or equally as pessimistic. You would think that educated people would eventually work out that the reality normally turns out to be fairly somewhere in the middle. 

it is rather amusing right enough, especially those who boast a knowledge far more worthy of any General Manager.

Tittersville, Arizona.

edit: sorry for that last comment. Received my first Covid jab today, and it may have rendered me a bit stupid.

edit2: Mrs Braveheart here. Ignore him, he has always been a stupid fool.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

We picked up three olineman in FAs

Only one...Chris Reid was good and he is a guard. The other two tackles...not so much. If Ballard intended to fill the shoes of LaRaven Clark and Chaz Green on this roster...he was successful.  If he is trying to pass Tevi and Davenport as the solution at LT then...we are in trouble. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wes Heilman said:

I’m starting to believe one or more of the following is true:

1. I am an * who knows nothing about building an NFL team.

2. Ballard is an * who knows nothing about building an NFL team.

Mods, can we make this a “poll question?” :)

• Haha 6

41 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Only one...Chris Reid was good and he is a guard. The other two tackles...not so much. If Ballard intended to fill the shoes of LaRaven Clark and Chaz Green on this roster...he was successful.  If he is trying to pass Tevi and Davenport as the solution at LT then...we are in trouble. 

Unless we pick up one of the vet Ts, Nelson will be our LT with Reed playing LG. I don't care how much Ballard and co try to talk up Tevi.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Unless we pick up one of the vet Ts, Nelson will be our LT with Reed playing LG. I don't care how much Ballard and co try to talk up Tevi.

Ballard has already ruled out moving the other four starters.  He did it in his pressed after the second night of the draft.

6 hours ago, coming on strong said:

are they good enough to be a high level left tackle is the question .  left tackle is the most important spot on the line  , how bad did it look when AC went down last year and clark went in and gave up two sacks in a drive and got beat almost every play .   i do not think ballard is done signing guys he will get fisher

How bad did it look when AC got hurt again and the Colts rolled with Holden and Veldheer in the crucial stretch of the season? 

Veldheer was signed off the couch.  Quite literally.

Most teams would kill to have 4 high-quality OL.  Just try to keep that in perspective. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Ballard has already ruled out moving the other four starters.  He did it in his pressed after the second night of the draft.

I know and I don't buy it unless we sign a vet T

• Like 2

I probably will have an unfavorable take on all this, but this is what I believe:

1)  Costanzo was JAG until we drafted elite players around him, once we got Nelson, the entire unit ascended.

2)  Losing out to Little and Cosmi early in the second round was a surprise, and they had to go to their value board at that point.

3)  No way in hell do we move Nelson to LT

4)  Whoever we do decide to plug in at LT will play his best football on this elite line group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Ballard is great at finding players with torn achille tendons.....does anyone know of any available left tackles with an Achilles tear? Hmmmm.

Eric Fisher!

These threads honestly :facepalm:

Ballard has been nothing but consistent and open about his BPA approach and how much he factors in character. Which has produced probably the most balanced Colts team I can remember. And we are still so young but yet every year after every draft there are those who are disappointed and want to scream 

Nothing new, it’s the same system that has gotten us Nelson, Smith, Blackmon, Taylor, Leonard Okereke, just look at what we achieved w Grover Stewart for example 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluesmith said:

I probably will have an unfavorable take on all this, but this is what I believe:

1)  Costanzo was JAG until we drafted elite players around him, once we got Nelson, the entire unit ascended.

2)  Losing out to Little and Cosmi early in the second round was a surprise, and they had to go to their value board at that point.

3)  No way in hell do we move Nelson to LT

4)  Whoever we do decide to plug in at LT will play his best football on this elite line group.

Wouldn’t say it’s an unfavourable take at all.

I agree with points 2, 3, and 4 but a slight disagreement with point 1. In my opinion, AC was an above average starter on the O-line but went under the radar as the rest of the line was poor until recent years.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, csmopar said:

You all need to chill. I’m old enough to remember when people hated the following Ballard picks

Nelson(half this forum wanted Bradley Chubb)

Brayden Smith

Darius Leonard

Julian Blackmon

Jonathon Taylor

no Ballard hasn’t hit on all his picks, but find me a GM who does. But I think we all need to slow down in calling Ballard names and saying he doesn’t know what he’s doing. He’s shown that he does and even if that’s not happening as fast as we want or the way we want, he and his team have far more resources available to them and far more knowledge. To suggest that a forum poster here knows how to build a team better than a guy getting paid millions and with a staff getting paid that have far more resources than any of us is just plain dumb. 

Leonard is the only pick that people actually hated...at least how I remember it.

People wanted Chubb pre-draft. But he wasn’t even on the board. I don’t think anybody hated the Q pick. Everybody knew he was a great player. It’s always been a positional value debate. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Every year now, it does make me laugh about the post draft comments. The ones that are way over the top, either too enthusiastic and over the top, or equally as pessimistic. You would think that educated people would eventually work out that the reality normally turns out to be fairly somewhere in the middle. 

it is rather amusing right enough, especially those who boast a knowledge far more worthy of any General Manager.

Tittersville, Arizona.

edit: sorry for that last comment. Received my first Covid jab today, and it may have rendered me a bit stupid.

edit2: Mrs Braveheart here. Ignore him, he has always been a stupid fool.

My board! Who we should have taken.

By all means you can enjoy all aspects of NFL fandem however you choose.

What I believe the truth is, if you sat atop the draft process and sat up your draft board and stuck to it, I doubt you mockers would very Rarely pick any of the players you say here.

And #1 this is because of how little you actually know about the individuals.

But by all means enjoy your fantasy.

I know I try to!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wes Heilman said:

I hope like hell that the obvious is true and I’m the *, but right now I struggle to imagine anything but another round of a Colts QB getting his butt beaten. We already know how Wentz responds when that happens. We are certainly beyond the realm of drafting OL help for the next few years in this draft.

My only guess is the Colts believe that quality offensive linemen will be salary cap or roster space victims prior to the season, that Costonzo is secretly going to I retire or that Q to LT is a done deal. Sometimes you read a book that starts out good but gets painful halfway through and you just want to flip through the pages and see how it ends. That’s where I am. Please play one more season Anthony!

His name is CAstonzo you ...!  haha

If I could snap my fingers and make it so, players wouldn't get hurt and the season might be ohh, 46 weeks long.

This wait chaps my ...!

I want it now. :hissy:

4 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

I heard that Braden Smith might be moved to left tackle and then tevi to right.

That’s funny because one of the voices that would know the plan Ballard has already said that’s not the plan.

15 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

My board! Who we should have taken.

By all means you can enjoy all aspects of NFL fandem however you choose.

What I believe the truth is, if you sat atop the draft process and sat up your draft board and stuck to it, I doubt you mockers would very Rarely pick any of the players you say here.

And #1 this is because of how little you actually know about the individuals.

But by all means enjoy your fantasy.

I know I try to!

What?

On 5/2/2021 at 2:21 AM, Bluesmith said:

DING!  People were out on AC until Nelson got here.

On 5/2/2021 at 8:03 AM, Patrick Miller said:

I heard that Braden Smith might be moved to left tackle and then tevi to right.

Where did you hear that?   Not from the team

On 5/1/2021 at 5:29 PM, coming on strong said:

are they good enough to be a high level left tackle is the question .  left tackle is the most important spot on the line  , how bad did it look when AC went down last year and clark went in and gave up two sacks in a drive and got beat almost every play .   i do not think ballard is done signing guys he will get fisher

The LT play doesn't have to be as good as AC, just better than Clark.  Almost any NFL LT is better than Clark.

On 5/1/2021 at 5:24 PM, Wes Heilman said:

I hope like hell that the obvious is true and I’m the *, but right now I struggle to imagine anything but another round of a Colts QB getting his butt beaten. We already know how Wentz responds when that happens. We are certainly beyond the realm of drafting OL help for the next few years in this draft.

My only guess is the Colts believe that quality offensive linemen will be salary cap or roster space victims prior to the season, that Costonzo is secretly going to I retire or that Q to LT is a done deal. Sometimes you read a book that starts out good but gets painful halfway through and you just want to flip through the pages and see how it ends. That’s where I am. Please play one more season Anthony!

You are an * who knows nothing about building an NFL team

Dominate The End GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES
just kidding of course