Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Michael Strachan WR

danlhart87

JM: I respect the confidence. I’ve really appreciated your time today, Mike. In closing, why should an NFL team use one of their draft picks on Mike Strachan?

MS: A team definitely wouldn’t regret spending one of their draft picks on me. I’m a big-time player that makes big-time plays. I’m always going to show up on the big stage. I’m definitely the best receiver in this class. I 100% believe that.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/mike-strachan-2021-nfl-draft-prospect-interview

On 5/1/2021 at 8:41 PM, DownHillRunner said:

I know people might think he won’t do anything in the NFL but look at it this way: 

He had a solid pro day and measured really good. Also, he’s 6’5 228 and fast!! He just has to get off the line of scrimmage quicker and run better routes. 

LOL. Sound an awful lot like Patmon.

31 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

LOL. Sound an awful lot like Patmon.

I think Ballard is making it a 3 way competition between Patmon, Strachan, and the other undrafted guy from USC to see which one offers the most. Thats how im reading the tea leaves. Its interesting he has 3 big bodies to compete for the Alshon Jeffrey role.

Or.... they could conceivably move Strachan into a 4th TE role.....With an eye to the future. Doyle won’t be around much longer. If he can put on 10-15 pounds and keep his quickness, who knows?  In that scenario, both he and Patmon could make the squad. 

Like I said in the Dayo thread, I like to find non-Colts coverage of our draftees so as to form my own opinions on talent so as not to just be a homer!  These are two pretty talented defensive backs discussing Michael Strachan as well as a Bills draft prognosticator. Megatron comparisons are a bit high, but, the kid looks talented and has a confident mindset.

Archived