Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Michael Strachan WR

danlhart87

Has background as a track guy if i recall that correctly, highly athletic, high character, but level of competition is a question mark. He is raw, but was very productive in college, so not necessarily a project. Like the upside. 

3 minutes ago, Pelt said:

Finally, somebody to protect the blind-side...

Wait, what?...

i 100 percent believe colts will pick up swartz  to play tackle or fisher ballard is very familiar with the chiefs players since he was there in 2016 .  colts saved enough money to easily get them and they will come on a discount and are just as good as Ac was  .   get a one year deal and get a tackle next draft

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i 100 percent believe colts will pick up swartz  to play tackle or fisher ballard is very familiar with the chiefs players since he was there in 2016 .  colts saved enough money to easily get them and they will come on a discount and are just as good as Ac was  .   get a one year deal and get a tackle next draft

I agree.

And I apologize. I should've put the sarcasm icon at the end of my post. :D

7 minutes ago, PureLuck said:

Has background as a track guy if i recall that correctly, highly athletic, high character, but level of competition is a question mark. He is raw, but was very productive in college, so not necessarily a project. Like the upside. 

watch that highlight reel I posted. he looked like a high school senior playing against a junior high team

OK, I'm thinking THIS is one of the scout's picks :)

he is absolutely huge --- especially comparing him to the guys he played against in that league with Charleston.

but  he's also fast, apparently has good hands and is pretty good at high-pointing the ball, according to Mel.

one thing that seemed worrisome as far as translating to pro competition. --- he didn't look like he got any real significant separation, even at his level. that could be because he could just catch over the top of all those guys.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If the guys we got on the edge this year pan out next season could be a trade up year to get a LT.

Figuring the Colts will draft around 20th next year and assuming we send our 1st to Philly, it's going to be difficult to move up for a "good" LT prospect.  

1 minute ago, ColtV said:

watch that highlight reel I posted. he looked like a high school senior playing against a junior high team

As I said, level of competition was not good. He stood out though, as he should. He was drafted in round 7 as a player with the traits to be special, we'll see if he can put it together. I'll take this pick over a 3rd string QB without any starting upside any day.

3 minutes ago, PureLuck said:

As I said, level of competition was not good. He stood out though, as he should. He was drafted in round 7 as a player with the traits to be special, we'll see if he can put it together. I'll take this pick over a 3rd string QB without any starting upside any day.

I'm agreeing with you. he looked a foot taller than any corner he played against. good for his college stats, will be interesting to see what moves he knows to use against better athletes

14 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Figuring the Colts will draft around 20th next year and assuming we send our 1st to Philly, it's going to be difficult to move up for a "good" LT prospect.  

Nope. We gonna be drafting 32nd 

1 hour ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Future TE.

28 minutes ago, dw49 said:

That will be very good as it might mean we don't need a LT.

28 minutes ago, dw49 said:

That will be very good as it might mean we don't need a LT.

Just add 20 lbs....and you have a TE

Archived