Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select QB Sam Ehlinger ((MERGE))

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we need to have 3 QBs on the roster if wentz goes down its better to develop our own young back up then to pick up hoyer or some other horrible journeyman

You know what. I read posters saying this is probably due to Wentz's injury history. Wentz would fair far more better with a good left tackle than a barely 6 foot qb from a running program that p

Anybody here old enough besides me to remember Billy Kilmer?  

OK, gotta admit, did NOT see that coming. I'm laughing hysterically cuz I actually like Ehlinger a lot --- a lot more than almost anyone else. thought he should be rated higher, but did NOT see this!!!

i think he throws it better than people are saying. and he's a gamer. every game, against almost every opponent, he had Texas in the game.

• Like 2
Just now, Gigc said:

OK, gotta admit, did NOT see that coming. I'm laughing hysterically cuz I actually like Ehlinger a lot --- a lot more than almost anyone else. thought he should be rated higher, but did NOT see this!!!

i think he throws it better than people are saying. and he's a gamer. every game, against almost every opponent, he had Texas in the game.

I thought qb was going to be a late day pick. That first Ballard press conference this offseason gave the impression that Eason had not developed as quickly as expected. No qb had been brought in to compete for qb2, so it made sense to take one late today. 

• Like 1

I like this. We needed some competition for Eason. He will probably end up on the PS. I expect Eason to earn the job but this was needed. These late round picks are kind of just throw away picks anyway with a team this loaded with talent.

• Like 1
Just now, coming on strong said:

we need to have 3 QBs on the roster if wentz goes down its better to develop our own young back up than to pick up hoyer or some other horrible journeyman

Lets Go Football GIF by ESPN

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

we need to have 3 QBs on the roster if wentz goes down its better to develop our own young back up then to pick up hoyer or some other horrible journeyman

a horrible journeyman who would probably cost 4mil on a one year deal!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

For a long time the franchise was spoiled with Manning, who never missed a snap, and got away with 2 qb's on the roster. A 3rd qb was absolutely necessary

• Like 2

Also we will see if teams carry three QB this year and where we are with covid. 

Kevin Bowen has been talking about how Eason needed some competition.

• NFLfan changed the title to Colts select QB Sam Ehlinger ((MERGE))