Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Don't WORRY...Help is on the way..

I think all of you crying about LT long term vision is needed.. It's a no brainer to me that Ballard will sign Eric Fisher to a lucrative long term deal with that money we have stashed, hence why he is not panicking.. He is familiar with Fisher, and the former #1 overall pick and pro-bowler will complete our line, and make it the best in NFL...He is coming off injury, but definitely worth the wait...We can manage till he is 100%...He is only 30 years old by the way..

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I think all of you crying about LT long term vision is needed.. It's a no brainer to me that Ballard will sign Eric Fisher to a lucrative long term deal with that money we have stashed, hence why he is not panicking.. He is familiar with Fisher, and the former #1 overall pick and pro-bowler will complete our line, and make it the best in NFL...He is coming off injury, but definitely worth the wait...We can manage till he is 100%...He is only 30 years old by the way..

So how many of the free agents did was say was "no brainer" signings? And how many did we get? I HIGHLY doubt we sign Fisher..

12 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

So how many of the free agents did was say was "no brainer" signings? And how many did we get? I HIGHLY doubt we sign Fisher..

Its about as sure of a sure of a thing as it can be honestly..Given his connection with Ballard, our need at LT, and available money..Ballard would be stupid not to be on that like a bloodhound.. I believe he probably has it locked up already..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Its about as sure of a sure of a thing as it can be honestly..Given his connection with Ballard, our need at LT, and available money..Ballard would be stupid not to be on that like a bloodhound.. I believe he probably has it locked up already..

How about the OT from the Steelers, his name is slipping my mind, isn't he still out there as well. He is good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How about the OT from the Steelers, his name is slipping my mind, isn't he still out there as well. He is good.

Villanueva

I think Ballard is making it pretty obvious by lack of desperation for a tackle..I would bet a significant amount of money Fisher is the plan..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Villanueva

I think Ballard is making it pretty obvious by lack of desperation for a tackle..I would bet a significant amount of money Fisher is the plan..

Yeah Villanueva, he is another possibility. Thanks. This does have Fisher written all over it though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I sure hope you're right. Outside of a healthy Eric Fisher, there aren't many good options to start at LT in 2021 for the Colts. Tevi and Davenport are not starters. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Villanueva

Villanueva is strongly rumored to be headed to the Ravens. They are just waiting for the draft to end and the deadline to run so no comp pick is involved. 

• Like 1

I think the LT is probably on the roster already with either Tevi or Davenport. Ballard could bring in another FA, as there are still options. So, its not like Ballard did nothing at all to address LT position. Improving the pass rush is what he focused on in the draft and all though not popular with some, I like what I see so far. Patience! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

200.gif

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I think the LT is probably on the roster already with either Tevi or Davenport. Ballard could bring in another FA, as there are still options. So, its not like Ballard did nothing at all to address LT position. Improving the pass rush is what he focused on in the draft and all though not popular with some, I like what I see so far. Patience! 

We got depth for days now..1 of these guys is gonna end up a BEAST, maybe more than that..I really like Kwity..Seems to be a Mathis/Harrison combo freakshow, and super intelligent and driven..I see All Pro potential with him..

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I think the plan is to band-aid it till Fisher is ready

Agree 100%.  I think the plan was to get one in the draft but it didn’t go as he had hoped and he went to his board.  I am hoping we give Fisher a longer contract than just one year.  He could really be with us a long time once he recovers from his injury.

• Like 2

I'm not sure Ballard is ready to give a long term deal to an LT coming off of an achilles tear.    Also,   he has to extend Nelson, Leonard and Smith next year.     I think our LT for next year is already on the roster

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm not sure Ballard is ready to give a long term deal to an LT coming off of an achilles tear.    Also,   he has to extend Nelson, Leonard and Smith next year.     I think our LT for next year is already on the roster

Yes he is 

Hot Rod Celebration GIF by Indianapolis Colts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hoose said:

Villanueva is strongly rumored to be headed to the Ravens. They are just waiting for the draft to end and the deadline to run so no comp pick is involved. 

I hope you’re right.  Lol 

49 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Yes he is 

I don't understand what this means.   Lol

6 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I hope you’re right.  Lol 

Why?   

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't understand what this means.   Lol

Why?   

He wasn’t that good with Pittsburgh last year. Although part of that from what I hear is because the talent around him was bad.  In any case, I think Fischer is the better option for us if healthy. I’d even prefer signing Okung before Villanueva. 

39 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

He wasn’t that good with Pittsburgh last year. Although part of that from what I hear is because the talent around him was bad.  In any case, I think Fischer is the better option for us if healthy. I’d even prefer signing Okung before Villanueva. 

I don't think they sign Fisher until / if he can pass a physical.    He isn't 21.   

7 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Fisher may be the plan but I sincerely doubt Ballard is going to give a lucrative long-term contract to a guy on the plus side of 30 coming of an Achilles year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Yes he is 

Like an 80s teen movie, once Rodrigo takes off the glasses, he becomes a beautiful 325lb left tackle!

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Fisher may be the plan but I sincerely doubt Ballard is going to give a lucrative long-term contract to a guy on the plus side of 30 coming of an Achilles tear. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I agree with you. It's very difficult for me to compare athlete to athlete because individuals are all different but Fisher reminds me of Jason Peters in that regard. Elite left tackle who got his Achilles blown out and was never the same after. Then he got his toe mauled because he tried to change up his technique to compensate. 

IDK about Fisher BUT I think some people forget that the Draft is NOT the end of the free agency period.  Some think that the post-draft and UFA roster is what you will get on opening day and that simply isn't the case.  Wave 2 of vet FA starts TODAY as teams assess what they have post-draft and many players will be let go, some highly surprising.  It happens every year and I see no reason why this year will be any different despite the slight increase in roster size.  Someone will be out there at LT should the Colts choose to explore that option, and one of them could very well be a vet like Fisher.  Stay tuned, things are JUST NOW getting interesting.

(Although I would like to see them sign a LT, I would RATHER see them use the available cap space to re-up Leonard and Smith now to soften the blow of Nelson's 2nd contract down the line)

• Like 1

Yep, Fisher would be a logical addition.  Now, we just have wait and find out.  I’m sure the uncertainty of the draft and FA is why we made the relatively cheap and risk-free additions of Tevi and Davenport.  If the rest of FA doesn’t work out, we will still manage pretty well...

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 2:10 PM, BProland85 said:

I sure hope you're right. Outside of a healthy Eric Fisher, there aren't many good options to start at LT in 2021 for the Colts. Tevi and Davenport are not starters. 

Tevi has started 44 career games. Other than his first year we was always a starter. Davenport has 28 starts as well. Fans might need to get use to seeing Tevi at LT because I think Ballard brought him in for that reason. 

Not sure why so many think we go after another FA LT like Fisher. Not healthy and we already grabbed two. Now middle of the season if he is there and we are struggling maybe but highly doubtful we spend money on another one. 

2 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Tevi has started 44 career games. Other than his first year we was always a starter. Davenport has 28 starts as well. Fans might need to get use to seeing Tevi at LT because I think Ballard brought him in for that reason. 

Honestly I think Ballard signed Tevi to upgrade the depth after last year’s revelation of just how bad the backups were after Costanzo was injured. 

4 hours ago, Hoose said:

Honestly I think Ballard signed Tevi to upgrade the depth after last year’s revelation of just how bad the backups were after Costanzo was injured. 

I mean yea he always wanted to improve depth but all moves so far show Davenport is depth and Tevi is the starter. 

12 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Eric Fisher is set to visit Colts next week...Just saying..

My only issue is how long is he going to be out.  Everything I'm seeing says he is in all likely-hood not ready for the season opener.  

1 hour ago, rayski said:

People think that this was some can't miss generational talent tackle class when I'd say the teams on draft day showed otherwise. 

Last year might have been top heavy but those 5 (was it 5? I cant remember) guys are probably all on Sewell/Slaters level

• Confused 1

On 5/1/2021 at 5:11 PM, jvan1973 said:

You realize the cap will go up next year minimum 30 million probably more right?

11 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

My only issue is how long is he going to be out.  Everything I'm seeing says he is in all likely-hood not ready for the season opener.  

Even if he cant play this year which he will..You get him..He is still relatively young and is a Proven close to elite commodity...

57 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

You realize the cap will go up next year minimum 30 million probably more right?

Yes.    If a gut can't play,   Ballard isn't going to sign him

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

That isn’t true at all. They believe next year the cap to get back to 200 or slightly above. An increase of 15. 2023 is the large jump due to the new media contract. That’s when they predict a 230million cap.