Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Kylen Granson TE

Ok.... after watching some more tapes and the interview, I like him a bit better (Not that my opinion matters)

He does need to Block a bit better

He seems to have the "buttonhook" down (Thats what they called it in my day)

He rounds off everything else

He did well in the interview

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Paye- unpolished/no second move.   Dayo- injured/won't play until the latter part of the season.   Gransen- drops the ball.    Tbh im not feeling great about this draft. 

He's  faster than doyle, more athletic than burton, more polished  route runner than cox

My god... Four drops in one game... Almost as bad as that one bum that threw four INTs (3 to Ty Law) that one game...   (For those that need it) 

Is it me or does he look like he’s trying to catch the ball wearing oven mitts?  Every catch seems to be bobbled a lil.  DBs will have that ball on the ground.

i would assume anything and will give him thebenefit, but can somebody spray some stick-um on his gloves?

21 hours ago, krunk said:

I like him. Hes a lot like Dallas Clark

Boy wouldn't that be nice?

On 5/1/2021 at 2:50 PM, John Waylon said:

I like the concept. A more athletic guy that gives up some size in exchange for play making ability. He’s not a blocker so giving up some of that aforementioned size doesn’t bother me. 

I gotta say though, I get a little shook after the last few years around here when I hear there may be some issue with drops. Please god, no. Not anymore. 

Rocking Back And Forth Family Guy GIF

The drops thing is blown  out of proportion  like Taylor's fumbles were last year

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Is it me or does he look like he’s trying to catch the ball wearing oven mitts?  Every catch seems to be bobbled a lil.  DBs will have that ball on the ground.

i would assume anything and will give him thebenefit, but can somebody spray some stick-um on his gloves?

Boy wouldn't that be nice?

Was he wearing those new gloves?  The gloves are the reason we’ve been seeing so many fingertip catches lately.  Maybe if he gets those it will fix the bobble issue 

Tre Burton wasnt a down field threat like this kid and Tre Burton didnt have the run after catch wheels like this kid. I like what he brings to the table. I still think we need to move past Jack Doyle but i suppose hes okay for 2021. I still think we need another TE thats similar to Ebron to go along with the rook and MO.Another mismatch TE.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Stephen said:

If he starts he will beat dwanye Allen's  45 catch 521 yard rookie  season.

He won’t start but I could see him gradually get more reps deeper into the season.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

what happend with Hale Hentges. As a rookie he was supposedly Jack D replacement. He went on to play for Washington and we reclaimed him last year

He retired from football last year, only after two years as a pro. Here's the story on it.

https://www.wctrib.com/sports/football/6967009-Hale-Hentges-24-takes-road-less-traveled-leaving-Vikings-to-start-family-business-career

18 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I can't read the story for some reason. Can someone paste the highlights? 

Recap of the story:

He joined the Colts as an UDFA. He was placed on the practice squad and was picked up off of our practice squad by Washington.

He was later waived by Washington.

He rejoined the Colts and was placed on the practice squad.

The Minnesota Vikings picked him up off of our practice squad.

He played with Minnesota and then decided to retire.

During this whole back-and-forth between teams, he interned at a company called Zebra Technologies. With a baby on the way and not enough job security in the NFL, he opted to retire and focus on his growing family and provide them more security by joining Zebra.

• Thanks 3
On 5/4/2021 at 2:01 AM, krunk said:

Tre Burton wasnt a down field threat like this kid and Tre Burton didnt have the run after catch wheels like this kid. I like what he brings to the table. I still think we need to move past Jack Doyle but i suppose hes okay for 2021. I still think we need another TE thats similar to Ebron to go along with the rook and MO.Another mismatch TE.

Lance Zeirlein mentioned Jordan Reed as a comp and I think this is not a bad one. I think it's better comp than Trey Burton.

I'm watching him now. He's a hybrid, H/F back, slot guy. Not a true TE. He can block reasonably well on the move, so in that role he's okay. He's not a good blocker on the line, so don't leave him against an edge. He moves really well, can open up and run, has some wiggle but isn't super quick, more of a long strider. I have no concerns about his hands, he goes up and gets the ball plenty. And he can play STs.

He's not a great route runner, but he can run the crossers and do the other stuff we ask our inside receivers to do.

He's a potential offensive weapon. Did they draft him too high, don't know. I said earlier he probably won't be a big factor this season, but I could see them carving out a specialized role for him this season. I hope he can throw, because he's the point guy for Philly Special.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1