Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Kylen Granson TE

danlhart87

Also not concerned about drops or blocking  as there is literally  a clip of him blocking  for the rb in his highlights  and he looked great doing it. Plus he had fluke game during those drops. I bet he breaks the colts rookie record for te tds and catches 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Gigc said:

Kylen's the first TE we've drafted since Justice Cunningham in the 7th round in 2013 ...

hard to believe considering how much we use our TEs. 

I have been pounding the table for two years about getting a TE. Wanted one with the first three rounds, but I'm happy! Give me a big ole country hell ya!

29 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

LOL. The “Trey Burton replacement.” Burton played one season here in IND...Reich’s offense in IND...totaling 34% of the snaps and accumulating 250 yards.

And probably any TE that catches passes (in the draft) would have been more athletic and a better separator than Burton. 

But this is the guy...so let’s see what he can do.

The fact that Burton played 34% of the snaps last year and only had 250 yards says alot. he actually had his playing time up to 40% down the stretch last season.

Meaning that Reich likes to use a move TE alot and values the position. Burton just didn't really deliver for us last year, despite ample oppertunities. 

Gransen will play a lot next season I bet (≈35% of snaps), like what Burton did. Reich likes this pick. He wants a versatile player like Granson.

2 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I have been pounding the table for two years about getting a TE. Wanted one with the first three picks, but I'm happy! Give me a big ole country hell ya!

Well technically he’s within the Colts first three picks this year lol.

7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Also not concerned about drops or blocking  as there is literally  a clip of him blocking  for the rb in his highlights  and he looked great doing it. Plus he had fluke game during those drops. I bet he breaks the colts rookie record for te tds and catches 

It usually takes TE awhile so we need to be patient. But I just listened to his interview and he sounds incredibly mature.

I like the concept. A more athletic guy that gives up some size in exchange for play making ability. He’s not a blocker so giving up some of that aforementioned size doesn’t bother me. 

I gotta say though, I get a little shook after the last few years around here when I hear there may be some issue with drops. Please god, no. Not anymore. 

Rocking Back And Forth Family Guy GIF

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Dynamic athlete in the short to mid-range, turns into a RB after the catch.
 Not a burner. 
  Sounds like a playmaker to me. Welcome aboard!

He's a Shapeshifter??

I heard the alien Reptilian species take different forms.....haha

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

We are pretty set with offensive weapons. There is really no room to make the team as a WR. Now next year might be different. 

how are we set at offensive weapons?  hilton is getting old and slowing down   cambell has yet to stay healthy . pittman has shown flashes but did not prove himself to be a good player yet and pascal is a good depth player .   doyle is off the team next year and mo is a free agent .   We needed a pass catching tight end mo is a blocker and doyle is not the greatest pass catcher .    WE just got a new eric ebron that we have missed since he left .

11 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

how are we set at offensive weapons?  hilton is getting old and slowing down   cambell has yet to stay healthy . pittman has shown flashes but did not prove himself to be a good player yet and pascal is a good depth player .   doyle is off the team next year and mo is a free agent .   We needed a pass catching tight end mo is a blocker and doyle is not the greatest pass catcher .    WE just got a new eric ebron that we have missed since he left .

There is only room for so many every year. We will cross the bridge when we have too. I like who we have going into the season. We will probably keep seven because of Dulin. It’s not like you can keep ten. This bodes well for Patmon to make the team too.

We got our TE. lol. 

17 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Always look for the negative. not his positives.

Always?  Did I do that for Paye and Dayo.

He was listed as 6.1 and as a TE (which he is not).  He had a rep for inconsistent hands.  Why would I care about YAC if he doesn't have the ball?

Maybe the evidence will come in that he has good hands.  Its been about 45 minutes since anybody has heard of him....and we all follow this stuff pretty closely.

Edit:  see two posts above.

I still have high hopes for Mo.   I'm not sure why Reich doesn't use him much.   After game 2 last year where he caught 5 balls for 111 yards, he was only targeted 1, 2, 3 or 4 times in the rest of the games.  

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Always?  Did I do that for Paye and Dayo.

He was listed as 6.1 and as a TE (which he is not).  He had a rep for inconsistent hands.  Why would I care about YAC if he doesn't have the ball?

Maybe the evidence will come in that he has good hands.  Its been about 45 minutes since anybody has heard of him....and we all follow this stuff pretty closely.

Edit:  see two posts above.

I think this should give us more optimism.  

Looking at @PFF, they gave him four drops in Week 8 against Cincinnati. He had zero before then and only one after.

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

My god... Four drops in one game... Almost as bad as that one bum that threw four INTs (3 to Ty Law) that one game...

(For those that need it) :sarcasm:

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Dynamic athlete in the short to mid-range, turns into a RB after the catch.
 Not a burner. 
  Sounds like a playmaker to me. Welcome aboard!

He's a Shapeshifter??

I heard the alien Reptilian species take different forms.....haha

I have been a big fan of the other picks

After watching the tape, on his HIGHLIGHT reels, he double catches many of them

That makes me a bit nervous

He isnt a sure handed reciever, from his GOOD tape

I hope they work with the kid

Good speed, will work from the slot, I hope he is successful

I need to watch a bit more, but 

I would have gone with Yaboah.....

I just watched his GMFB interview and I have to admit he was quite impressive.  Click on him under prospects. It's 7 minutes long but quite the watch.  You can see why the Colts liked him.  Nate compared him to Kittle who was a 5th rd pick.  I feel much better about him after watching his interview.  He's going to bring it.  

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I just watched his GMFB interview and I have to admit he was quite impressive.  Click on him under prospects. It's 7 minutes long but quite the watch.  You can see why the Colts liked him.  Nate compared him to Kittle who was a 5th rd pick.  I feel much better about him after watching his interview.  He's going to bring it.  

So you have a link for the GMFB interview?

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

So you have a link for the GMFB interview?

No.  I don't know how to do it but there is a link from another poster on Stampede Blue under his article in the comments section.  That's what I used to view it.  The interview was last week. 

34 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

After watching the tape, on his HIGHLIGHT reels, he double catches many of them

That makes me a bit nervous

He isnt a sure handed reciever, from his GOOD tape

Yes.  I had noticed that too after I read that his hands might not be the greatest.  I didn't want to bring up those details before but I'm glad somebody else noticed.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I think this should give us more optimism.  

Looking at @PFF, they gave him four drops in Week 8 against Cincinnati. He had zero before then and only one after.

He should get credit for 3 catches on every catch as he he looks like he is clapping......

I guess as long as he gets the reception......

He did say he can block, but did mention he is considered a fast TE.  I think at 6-2 240 he should be able to block if he mindset is to do so.  I would think  a 6-2 240 TE should block better than a 6-5 240 TE, more compact, lower center of gravity.  I like to use quotes if I can remember it.  Vermeil in his days with Philly, said something about a 190 lbs RB or something like that, he said, you're 190 lbs, you're tough, you can block.  

About his drops, it mentioned about 4 drops in game. He said that is behind him and he is confident in his hands.  The highlights does show a 1 handed TD catch. 

Archived