Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Kylen Granson TE

danlhart87

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I actually like this pick quite a lot. Only issue is we didn't trade down before selecting him. A solid pick though, might be our TE1 this year! :thmup:

Can't like this but glad to see you being positive again 

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am not worried about Pittman. We will cross the bridge next year when pascal and Hilton are FA. We aren’t going to give up on Campbell until we have too. This will be a bid year for him and to stay healthy  Hilton may have a huge year with Wentz and come back. We need to see this year play out. We just added a TE as another weapon. We are good.

Disagree as well, WR was an issue last year, TY faded out and Campbell stayed injured, again. We haven't done anything to rectify that. Our weapons are adequate, I don't see how an argument could be made for good or great outside of Jonathan Taylor. Not sure a 6th round, eventual practice squad, player is gonna sure that up. 

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Can't like this but glad to see you being positive again 

We're 1 for 1 today lol. I like Granson as a weapon for Wentz personally and I'm guessing no Ertz now. Hoping for someone decent in round 5 now! 

I was surprised with the pick, considering they passed to OT Dan Moore, Texas A&M who the Steelers took with the next pick.  Moore started at LT for 3 years.  

The Colts scouts must have seem something they did not like about Moore.  Also, their higher best available TE's still there.   Ballard/Reich must be think he is a Burton like player and replacement the Wentz will like and be factored into the offensive game plan.

I seen him listed at 6-2, has good speed and is good with run after the catch.  The reported drops is concern and they often come at the most worst time.  Hopefully, that was an aberration and not a trend in the NFL.  Trying to remain optimistic.  

Looks our Left Offensive Tackle will be a veteran free agent with the cap money we have been holding on to.

17 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

LOL. The “Trey Burton replacement.” Burton played one season here in IND...Reich’s offense in IND...totaling 34% of the snaps and accumulating 250 yards.

And probably any TE that catches passes (in the draft) would have been more athletic and a better separator than Burton. 

But this is the guy...so let’s see what he can do.

7 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Disagree as well, WR was an issue last year, TY faded out and Campbell stayed injured, again. We haven't done anything to rectify that. Our weapons are adequate, I don't see how an argument could be made for good or great outside of Jonathan Taylor. Not sure a 6th round, eventual practice squad, player is gonna sure that up. 

TY will be fine with a guy who can actually get the ball down field. TY didn’t fade he got stronger.

Reich and Wentz like throwing to TEs, so he fits. apparently very good running after the catch. They said he had problems with drops., but i just watched a few of his game videos and he looked like he caught the ball really well.  On the tube they said he's not a blocker, but in a video with NFL.com, Granson himself said he loves to block.

He actually reminds me a little bit of Ertz.

annnnnd, there are no starting LTs left in this draft :)

21 minutes ago, FRW said:

"

Below-average height and bulk for the TE position. Lacks true blocking ability and will have to be hidden on assignments.

— Inadequate play strength to sustain in the run game and will have issues vs. physical defenders getting hands on him in the passing game. 

— Limited route tree that will need continued polish if he's going to be a true matchup TE."

Seems like a typical pick for this draft. A work out warrior with little on field production that needs to be coached up, a player trying to comeback from a career ending injury and now a so so undersized TE with a limited route tree and drop issues. Any 6 ft/250 lbs. division III developmental LTs available? 

I don't think the AFC needs to be worried about the Colts getting better this year. I think we should have a pool as to when Wentz gets knocked out by a blind side hit. I thought when we canned Grigson these types of draft went with him. Ballard seems to be an every other year GM. One good draft followed by a stinker. We had one glaring need this year, LT. It was a draft loaded with LT prospects and we whiffed on all of them. If you can't protect your QB then you don't win championships. Grigson proved that. Even if you make the argument that all the OT would have had growing pains our picks so far are no better. Well maybe we can find an aging LT in FA. I know Grigson was an expert at that. Of course our franchise QB of the future us now retired due to injury, but it will be different thus time Wentz is mobile. Oops so was Luck.

We can all debate whether the positions of the players taken and the value of the picks make sense, but it's always hilarious that people will label drafts "stinkers" before guys even play a snap, or "we should have drafted this guy instead of this guy". Newsflash; no one knows, scouting is essentially a crap shoot.

This type of post is warranted when it's apparent we drafted guys that aren't producing, not on May 1st, for God's sake, get a hold of yourself.

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Just updating doesn't upset me 

Oh I know. But since he's a name people have been throwing around, I expect the usual suspects will be extra sensitive that he went in our division. Every post is basically a joke for me at this point lol

3 minutes ago, Les Poulains said:

We can all debate whether the positions of the players taken and the value of the picks make sense, but it's always hilarious that people will label drafts "stinkers" before guys even play a snap, or "we should have drafted this guy instead of this guy". Newsflash; no one knows, scouting is essentially a crap shoot.

This type of post is warranted when it's apparent we drafted guys that aren't producing, not on May 1st, for God's sake, get a hold of yourself.

it's specifically because it's a crapshoot is why opinions can be both varied and strong

Showing some technical football ignorance here.  But if you want a receiver like Burton or Gransen, who the defense knows isn't going to block, why not just get one of the tall college WRs that can be converted to play this position instead of looking for a "TE", which they are not.

Is Gransen the most athletic receiver still available...that can catch.  Or does it have to specifically be a college player who played "TE".

7 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Disappointing pick! Put me down for a bust.

I listed the known facts., notably when others were saying he was 6'3 and a "TE".  I never called him a bust, but use your lens to read things how you want..

4 minutes ago, ColtV said:

it's specifically because it's a crapshoot is why opinions can be both varied and strong

Of course. I wouldn't pretend to know that a player, or even worse, an entire draft class will be terrible before anyone plays a snap, though. 

Just now, Gigc said:

Kylen's the first TE we've drafted since Justice Cunningham in the 7th round in 2013 ...

hard to believe considering how much we use our TEs. 

wow! that's stunning! great stat, Gigc

Archived