Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Kylen Granson TE

danlhart87

8 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

He’s got some drop issues, so we’ll see. Hard to hate on a day 3 pick though.

Seems like a Trey Burton type but less reliable. Probably healthier though.

Yeah, I think it's also worth noting that Granson is a better athlete.

Granson will need to be utilized properly but Indy is probably as good of a fit for him as any team. Hopefully he can come in this year and add a different element to this offense. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ar7 said:

Yeah, I think it's also worth noting that Granson is a better athlete.

Granson will need to be utilized properly but Indy is probably as good of a fit for him as any team. Hopefully he can come in this year and add a different element to this offense. 

Definitely has big play ability.

Just now, BlueCollarColts said:

Sounds like a guy they’re hoping can be the playmaking tight end Burton wasn’t for us last season.

Has drop issues but sounds like if they can fix that this kid has some speed to him.

I mean they taught Ebron to catch for a season if they can do that I have faith in them being able to teach others to catch.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Because they liked the end they took more.

You’re not wrong. But TE was obviously high up their list...and they talked about it all offseason. So liking some toolsy pass rusher with a torn Achilles better than the TE2 who comps to Ertz and Witten...just makes me shrug. Time will tell. 

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

Maybe he has character issues. Seems like the Colts value that over talent sometimes.

If it’s just a minor character flaw that shouldn’t deter them though. We have a very strong locker room to where that wouldn’t be an issue. 

Just now, BProland85 said:

If it’s just a minor character flaw that shouldn’t deter them though. We have a very strong locker room to where that wouldn’t be an issue. 

First of all we don’t know if that was why the Colts didn’t pick him.  It could simply be they like this kid more.

However, if it was we aren’t in position to say when the Colts draw the line on character issues.  If they DQed for it i am sure they had a good reason.  The Colts have spent months looking into issues just like that.  

Again though we don’t know if that’s the reason why the Colts passed on him or not.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I mean they taught Ebron to catch for a season if they can do that I have faith in them being able to teach others to catch.

I don’t know that year is looking more like an outlier because of his unreal chemistry with Luck. His drop issues re-emerged  in 19 and 2020.

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Wouldn’t Brevin Jordan from Miami have been the better pick at TE?

I think so. If this is the type of TE they wanted. But who the hell knows how they evaluate TEs. They haven’t drafted any until now. 

Burton did a very good job of being able to get separation, it would make sense to try to replicate that capability at a much better cap number. Burton and Granson had very similar measurable coming out of college

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

In your opinion like you said.  Clearly Ballard disagreed.  I think he would tell you he feels like they got two first round picks with their first two picks.  Friermuth wouldn’t have given them that.  

I hope that's how it pans out. Hopefully TY isn't a literal ghost this year again, and Parris Campbell doesn't go down for the 3rd straight year, Wentz will be broken for good. I don't understand giving him zero help. Not on the line, not at WR. 

Hope Ballard's genius continues to shine, and I'm still an armchair * at the end of the day. 

1 minute ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I hope that's how it pans out. Hopefully TY isn't a literal ghost this year again, and Parris Campbell doesn't go down for the 3rd straight year, Wentz will be broken for good. I don't understand giving him zero help. Not on the line, not at WR. 

Hope Ballard's genius continues to shine, and I'm still an armchair * at the end of the day. 

We are pretty set with offensive weapons. There is really no room to make the team as a WR. Now next year might be different. 

"

Below-average height and bulk for the TE position. Lacks true blocking ability and will have to be hidden on assignments.

— Inadequate play strength to sustain in the run game and will have issues vs. physical defenders getting hands on him in the passing game. 

— Limited route tree that will need continued polish if he's going to be a true matchup TE."

Seems like a typical pick for this draft. A work out warrior with little on field production that needs to be coached up, a player trying to comeback from a career ending injury and now a so so undersized TE with a limited route tree and drop issues. Any 6 ft/250 lbs. division III developmental LTs available? 

I don't think the AFC needs to be worried about the Colts getting better this year. I think we should have a pool as to when Wentz gets knocked out by a blind side hit. I thought when we canned Grigson these types of draft went with him. Ballard seems to be an every other year GM. One good draft followed by a stinker. We had one glaring need this year, LT. It was a draft loaded with LT prospects and we whiffed on all of them. If you can't protect your QB then you don't win championships. Grigson proved that. Even if you make the argument that all the OT would have had growing pains our picks so far are no better. Well maybe we can find an aging LT in FA. I know Grigson was an expert at that. Of course our franchise QB of the future us now retired due to injury, but it will be different thus time Wentz is mobile. Oops so was Luck.

9 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

You’re not wrong. But TE was obviously high up their list...and they talked about it all offseason. So liking some toolsy pass rusher with a torn Achilles better than the TE2 who comps to Ertz and Witten...just makes me shrug. Time will tell. 

Which TE comps to Ertz and Whitten?

And why hasn’t he already been drafted? 

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

We are pretty set with offensive weapons. There is really no room to make the team as a WR. Now next year might be different. 

respectfully disagree. after Hilton, pascal, and Pittman there are concerns. Campbell has to put together a healthy season and 5th receiver is up for grabs

Just now, ColtV said:

respectfully disagree. after Hilton, pascal, and Pittman there are concerns. Campbell has to put together a healthy season and 5th receiver is up for grabs

I am not worried about Pittman. We will cross the bridge next year when pascal and Hilton are FA. We aren’t going to give up on Campbell until we have too. This will be a bid year for him and to stay healthy  Hilton may have a huge year with Wentz and come back. We need to see this year play out. We just added a TE as another weapon. We are good.

Archived