Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kirk Cousins' Future

teganslaw

@NFLfan, what are your thoughts on the Vikings choosing QB Kellen Mond? Some players are stating that Cousins is just "signing a paycheck" and his future with the Vikings is in doubt. There are signs that they might be moving away from Cousins, and going to another QB. How accurate is that news? 

On 5/1/2021 at 11:32 AM, teganslaw said:

@NFLfan, what are your thoughts on the Vikings choosing QB Kellen Mond? Some players are stating that Cousins is just "signing a paycheck" and his future with the Vikings is in doubt. There are signs that they might be moving away from Cousins, and going to another QB. How accurate is that news? 

I'm sorry; I am just seeing this thread. 

I have not read that (in bold). The front office and coaches seem to like Cousins but the players don't. He has had many spats with Adam Thielen. When Kyle Rudolph was released, he had good things to say about many players including QBs that used to play for the Vikings. It was glaring that he said nothing about Cousins who is the starting QB. Some players have left and said unflattering things about Cousins. He is not a leader. He does not take responsibility for losses. I like guys like Luck. Even when it was another player at fault, Luck would say that he was the leader of the team and would take the blame. When the Colts won, he gave credit to teammates. I love that. Cousins lacks that quality.

I am not a fan of Cousins, but Mond does not excite me either. Of the two, I like Cousins better. I was hoping we would do a trade with the 49ers and bring Jimmy Garoppolo to Minny and reunite Cousins with Shanahan. That did not happen. :(

Where did you read or hear that the Vikings may be moving away from Cousins? I have not been able to find it anywhere.

Some analysts (don't remember the names) said that Cousins' future with the team might be in doubt because of them drafting a QB. It was mostly speculation from some sports writers; the Vikings themselves never mentioned that. After the draft, people come up with all kinds of things, and I just wondered if it was accurate or just another rumor. 

On 5/1/2021 at 11:32 AM, teganslaw said:

I was forced to watch that trash show @ the gym, Highly Questionable, and they were talking about this. 

They were saying Cousins is a good QB, just not good enough in big situations. Idk anything about Mond, but I think Vikings are smart to look ahead past Cousins. 

Archived