Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

 

It seems to me like Ballard is big on height-weight, especially this year... This could be the part of the draft where he gets away form it, or it could just be his entire philosophy. Cade is 5' 11" 180'ish... We passed on Tylan Wallace and he was bigger... 

 

Might be more important to have height with Wentz who throws it up there (Jeffrey, Fulgham etc.) and higher more than a Rivers that hits you in stride. Good point.

 

But then, our best WRs in Harrison and Wayne barely cracked 6 feet. That was Peyton though hitting them in stride. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

....and like what was pointed out......the only board that matters...is Ballard's. 

I don't know who pointed that out or what it has to do with this conversation?

 

I don't have an issue with any of Ballard's selections.

 

 

This particular conversation was about jvan laughing at BlueShoe's rankings on a player that wasn't even on the board when we picked?

10 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

A 6’1” TE is kind of weird to me considering how Ballard likes size. Guess he’s going to be a hybrid move TE/WR type. But right now he’s a STs player.

Smaller but an elite athlete.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

I don't know who pointed that out or what it has to do with this conversation?

 

I don't have an issue with any of Ballard's selections.

 

 

This particular conversation was about jvan laughing at BlueShoe's rankings on a player that wasn't even on the board when we picked?

Smaller but an elite athlete.

I tend to remember Ballard saying the farther a player deviated from the ideal size, the more he'd have to make up for it with elite athletic traits to make it on his board

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Shive said:

Prayer GIF

 

I REALLY want him, so that means we'll pass on him and the Vikings will probably take him. haha

 

We have had too many picks. (Just kidding). I can't keep up. 

 

Here we are again. #199 Pitt DT Twyman. We have 3 more after this. (ESPN said we have only 1 but our site says we have 3.)  It is unclear how many more we have.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Shive said:

Prayer GIF

 

I REALLY want him, so that means we'll pass on him and the Vikings will probably take him. haha

They are OTC we don't even need to pass on him first.

 

EDIT: back in play now though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

I tend to remember Ballard saying the farther a player deviated from the ideal size, the more he'd have to make up for it with elite athletic traits to make it on his board

Yeah, definitely the case with Granson.

 

Davis was a little undersized to. Haven't looked to deep into his numbers yet though.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

We have had too many picks. (Just kidding). I can't keep up. 

 

Here we are again. We have 3 more after this.

Just a 2nd team AP all american DT. No worries.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

A 6’1” TE is kind of weird to me considering how Ballard likes size. Guess he’s going to be a hybrid move TE/WR type. But right now he’s a STs player.

If so I don't think for long.  That's what I thought at first but after seeing more tape and listening to him he is talented , confident and driven.  Check out his interview on GMFB last week.  Someone has a link in the comments section in his article. Very impressive.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

If so I don't think for long.  That's what I thought at first but after seeing more tape and listening to him he is talented , confident and driven.  Check out his interview on GMFB last week.  Someone has a link in the comments section in his article. Very impressive.  

 

I agree. I think Reich already has a role for him in this offense. Its similar to Nyheim Hines, he has a unique skill set. Granson will be asked to contribute Year 1 imo, just like Hines.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

One would have to think a LB will be taken by Ballard with one of these last two picks.

 

Were quite light in depth and these are good rounds to find some depth and ST help.

 

 

Really wonder how Moses is still sitting there?

 

Also can't wait to get to these UDFA.

 

Any OT will definitely be considering us first I would have to think.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

A 6’1” TE is kind of weird to me considering how Ballard likes size. Guess he’s going to be a hybrid move TE/WR type. But right now he’s a STs player.

 

And H back. I expect him in short yardage and 21 personnel groupings.  We will see what Reich does.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Really wonder how Moses is still sitting there?

 

Also can't wait to get to these UDFA.

 

Any OT will definitely be considering us first I would have to think.

 

I know man. Another player that surprises me a little that is still available is Qunicy Roche. I know he is tiny, but I was epxecting some 3-4 defense team to take him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

 

I agree. I think Reich already has a role for him in this offense. Its similar to Nyheim Hines, he has a unique skill set. Granson will be asked to contribute Year 1 imo, just like Hines.

 

2 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

We need a new "Wildcat QB" now that Jacoby is gone! :D

 

I'm thinking in a Kyle Juszczyk (49ers) type of role.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

@NewColtsFan Lots of Stanford players got drafted. :) Maybe recruiting has not been as bad as I thought.  

The recruiting has gone south AFTER these guys came Stanford.   Remember, these guys came there 4 years ago.   
 

This may be the last good class for Stanford in the NFL for a very long time.   I hope I’m wrong, but fear I’m right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I posted this on another thread, but Marvin Wilson was mocked as high as a 1st and as low as a high 3rd. He's still on the board. Tameron Terry (WR, FSU) who's 6'3 220 pounds and can freaking fly, was mocked in the 3rd, is still on the board. Either one when we pick would be great..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How funny. i was just about to say this is going to be Ballard's first draft without a trade-back. 

annnnnd, he trades for more 7th round picks :) 

and then NO picks an OL. he reallllly doesn't want to pick an OL in this draft!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • w87r unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...