Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

It seems to me like Ballard is big on height-weight, especially this year... This could be the part of the draft where he gets away form it, or it could just be his entire philosophy. Cade is 5' 11" 180'ish... We passed on Tylan Wallace and he was bigger... 

Might be more important to have height with Wentz who throws it up there (Jeffrey, Fulgham etc.) and higher more than a Rivers that hits you in stride. Good point.

But then, our best WRs in Harrison and Wayne barely cracked 6 feet. That was Peyton though hitting them in stride. 

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

....and like what was pointed out......the only board that matters...is Ballard's. 

I don't know who pointed that out or what it has to do with this conversation?

I don't have an issue with any of Ballard's selections.

This particular conversation was about jvan laughing at BlueShoe's rankings on a player that wasn't even on the board when we picked?

10 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

A 6’1” TE is kind of weird to me considering how Ballard likes size. Guess he’s going to be a hybrid move TE/WR type. But right now he’s a STs player.

Smaller but an elite athlete.

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

I don't know who pointed that out or what it has to do with this conversation?

I don't have an issue with any of Ballard's selections.

This particular conversation was about jvan laughing at BlueShoe's rankings on a player that wasn't even on the board when we picked?

Smaller but an elite athlete.

I tend to remember Ballard saying the farther a player deviated from the ideal size, the more he'd have to make up for it with elite athletic traits to make it on his board

28 minutes ago, Shive said:

Prayer GIF

I REALLY want him, so that means we'll pass on him and the Vikings will probably take him. haha

We have had too many picks. (Just kidding). I can't keep up. 

Here we are again. #199 Pitt DT Twyman. We have 3 more after this. (ESPN said we have only 1 but our site says we have 3.)  It is unclear how many more we have.

14 minutes ago, Shive said:

Prayer GIF

I REALLY want him, so that means we'll pass on him and the Vikings will probably take him. haha

They are OTC we don't even need to pass on him first.

EDIT: back in play now though.

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

I tend to remember Ballard saying the farther a player deviated from the ideal size, the more he'd have to make up for it with elite athletic traits to make it on his board

Yeah, definitely the case with Granson.

Davis was a little undersized to. Haven't looked to deep into his numbers yet though.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

We have had too many picks. (Just kidding). I can't keep up. 

Here we are again. We have 3 more after this.

Just a 2nd team AP all american DT. No worries.

15 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

A 6’1” TE is kind of weird to me considering how Ballard likes size. Guess he’s going to be a hybrid move TE/WR type. But right now he’s a STs player.

If so I don't think for long.  That's what I thought at first but after seeing more tape and listening to him he is talented , confident and driven.  Check out his interview on GMFB last week.  Someone has a link in the comments section in his article. Very impressive.  

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

If so I don't think for long.  That's what I thought at first but after seeing more tape and listening to him he is talented , confident and driven.  Check out his interview on GMFB last week.  Someone has a link in the comments section in his article. Very impressive.  

I agree. I think Reich already has a role for him in this offense. Its similar to Nyheim Hines, he has a unique skill set. Granson will be asked to contribute Year 1 imo, just like Hines.

2 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

One would have to think a LB will be taken by Ballard with one of these last two picks.

Were quite light in depth and these are good rounds to find some depth and ST help.

Really wonder how Moses is still sitting there?

Also can't wait to get to these UDFA.

Any OT will definitely be considering us first I would have to think.

26 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

And H back. I expect him in short yardage and 21 personnel groupings.  We will see what Reich does.

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Really wonder how Moses is still sitting there?

Also can't wait to get to these UDFA.

Any OT will definitely be considering us first I would have to think.

I know man. Another player that surprises me a little that is still available is Qunicy Roche. I know he is tiny, but I was epxecting some 3-4 defense team to take him.

7 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

I agree. I think Reich already has a role for him in this offense. Its similar to Nyheim Hines, he has a unique skill set. Granson will be asked to contribute Year 1 imo, just like Hines.

2 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

We need a new "Wildcat QB" now that Jacoby is gone! :D

I'm thinking in a Kyle Juszczyk (49ers) type of role.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

@NewColtsFan Lots of Stanford players got drafted. :) Maybe recruiting has not been as bad as I thought.  

The recruiting has gone south AFTER these guys came Stanford.   Remember, these guys came there 4 years ago.   

This may be the last good class for Stanford in the NFL for a very long time.   I hope I’m wrong, but fear I’m right. 

I posted this on another thread, but Marvin Wilson was mocked as high as a 1st and as low as a high 3rd. He's still on the board. Tameron Terry (WR, FSU) who's 6'3 220 pounds and can freaking fly, was mocked in the 3rd, is still on the board. Either one when we pick would be great..

How funny. i was just about to say this is going to be Ballard's first draft without a trade-back. 

annnnnd, he trades for more 7th round picks :) 

and then NO picks an OL. he reallllly doesn't want to pick an OL in this draft!

Archived