Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion Thread

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, chad72 said:

It’s definitely Will Holden time for starting LT and a competition with the great Sam Tevi, Colts fans :thmup:

Yup, not the worst thing in the world. And there'll be cuts and still moves between now and September.

BPA all day 

Just now, Shive said:

I'm not a fan of this pick, especially with some really talented guys still on the board. Granson is hardly the best TE left by a long shot.

I'm listening to the Draft show on Sirius and they're talking him up as a potential H-back that lines up at several positions.

2 minutes ago, JoeThornburg said:

Right, but then they let a superior player at a position of need fall to the Eagles and then panicked. Not good.

I hear ya. But I don't mind this kid. Smart guy but he may not have the athleticism. 

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

We obviously are seriously considering Nelson at LT or have faith in our OT signings.

The latter. Plus, there is still time and nothing is set yet. We'll see roster cuts, we'll see FAs. I wouldn't panic.

It';s a bit amusing, i remember how much fans discounted Castonzo. Seemed like most of his years, he was knocked until the last couple years. The Colts will be fine.

The QB is mobile right? lol

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Not feeling very good about that last pick. Seems like another project type TE.  Disappointing pick with the other options Forsythe, Darden, Cade Johnson, or Tylan who were available.  Not really feeling Ballard much this off season.  

I'll wait and see. So far he's picked guys who i mocked at some point so i cant be mad. When I mocked Granson, he was usually available in round 5 to 7 though.

11 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Yup, not the worst thing in the world. And there'll be cuts and still moves between now and September.

BPA all day 

BPA would have been Tylan Wallace, IMO. Ravens got a good one. They always draft better than most teams, IMO.

1 minute ago, Colt.45 said:

I'll wait and see. So far he's picked guys who i mocked at some point so i cant be mad. When I mocked Granson, he was usually available in round 5 to 7 though.

It feels like a reach to me. I know Irsay said he wanted a playmaking TE. I see the potential but it seems we like players who are inconsistent. Dropping balls is not a trait I want in a TE.  That should be one of your most sure handed and reliable players.  

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It feels like a reach to me. I know Irsay said he wanted a playmaking TE. I see the potential but it seems we like players who are inconsistent. Dropping balls is not a trait I want in a TE.  That should be one of your most sure handed and reliable players.  

A 4th round Ebron???

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah, I think he must be someone Reich wants for scheme? 

4 minutes ago, PureLuck said:

Like the Granson pick a lot, he's the Trey Burton replacement. 

He's very much in the mold of Trey Burton. Almost the same size too.

4 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Again we draft a ST player too early and had the guy going UDFA.  Not a fan of this pick.

He was graded as roughly a 5th rd player, so maybe a bit overdrafted, but not egregious. I'm not the biggest fan, because he's not the type of TE I like, but Reich obviously likes guys like this.

Just now, Colt.45 said:

The latter. Plus, there is still time and nothing is set yet. We'll see roster cuts, we'll see FAs. I wouldn't panic.

It';s a bit amusing, i remember how much fans discounted Castonzo. Seemed like most of his years, he was knocked until the last couple years. The Colts will be fine.

The QB is mobile right? lol

You are kidding right?  Costonzo was a 1st rd pick at 22.  No one discounted him.  Polisn was thrilled to get him and he certainly did not disappoint.

Archived