Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select DE Dayo Odeyingbo

danlhart87

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The front office and their tactics. As long as they show consistent progress and give us a chance, I'm in. When you start to make blunders like let Autry get away, and have to draft an EDGE with a torn achilles to make for it. It makes me disinterested. I don't mind losing picks for Wentz, but Ballard didn't try and recover any draft picks either. If you want to build in the draft, then get picks and build in the draft with players who are guaranteed to actually play for us at some point. We got burned on the tackles and I don't know how we're going to make up for that on day 3 unless we just have a "depth competition" to see who starts now.

Dear God....

What does it tell you when the General Manager famous for coveting picks and who clearly wanted more this year...    what does it tell you that when his first two picks came around Chris Ballard didn’t trade down for more picks,  but instead he stayed and took the player?

What?   Does?   It?   Tell?   You?!?  

By the way...   have you even seen Dayo’s tape yet?    It’s crazy good!   You might actually like what you see! 

56 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'll say this one more time before day 3 starts. Ballard is not the best drafting GM at EDGE. In fact, you could make an argument he's the worst, which gives credibility why I don't trust the Dayo pick (along with other reasons I said on this thread). I also don't think I know more than Ballard, I just think 31 other GMs know more than Ballard at the EDGE position. So your armchair GM argument is invalid and moot.

Show  us how in God's green earth you can make a valid argument, not just an argument because you seem like a guy who can make an argument out of nothing. To the second bolded, again, how can you make a legitimate agrument for this? Some of this GM's never did a draft until 2 days ago. 

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm glad you are there. I'm not yet. I have to watch day 3 today before I can feel better or not about what we did in the first two days. I'm in that disinterested mode right now where I need good players on day 3 to get me to care again. 

Goodness.  For some who purports to be “disinterested” ...:hissy:

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Dear God....

What does it tell you when the General Manager famous for coveting picks and who clearly wanted more this year...    what does it tell you that when his first two picks came around Chris Ballard didn’t trade down for more picks,  but instead he stayed and took the player?

What?   Does?   It?   Tell?   You?!?  

By the way...   have you even seen Dayo’s tape yet?    It’s crazy good!   You might actually like what you see! 

I watched his tape and he's very good I'm psyched about him 

its says dayo will be cleared to practice in august and cleared to play October so he will miss a month not to bad . its a 17 game season also so he will still play 13 games .   when healthy he is very polished not raw like ben banagu so he could make a impact right away when healthy .     turray will be a stud again when he is fully healthy this year colts rushed him back to fast last year . with turray and paye i think we will have two athletic defensive ends then add rochelle who is autry like and lewis who can move around and hopefully ben will progress  .  in pure passing downs bringing in dayo buckner paye and turray would be nice .  

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Something I didn’t think about. Getting Paye in the first round gave us the luxury to pick Dayo with his injury. We can sit him until he is ready. He 

Yep, it is like we made up for not having a first round pick next year in some way.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

its says dayo will be cleared to practice in august and cleared to play October so he will miss a month not to bad . its a 17 game season also so he will still play 13 games .   when healthy he is very polished not raw like ben banagu so he could make a impact right away when healthy .     turray will be a stud again when he is fully healthy this year colts rushed him back to fast last year . with turray and paye i think we will have two athletic defensive ends then add rochelle who is autry like and lewis who can move around and hopefully ben will progress  .  in pure passing downs bringing in dayo buckner paye and turray would be nice .  

I think our D-line will be better this season.   

We will have youth, size and speed.

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think our D-line will be better this season.   

We will have youth, size and speed.

i agree i think turray and lewis both get trashed for no reason on here just because they did not develop like darius leonard and be a all pro his first year .   pass rushers and corners take the most time to hit their ceiling .  Lewis last year took a huge step forward all the coaches raved about him he played great in limited snaps getting pressure its not just about sacks .   turray flashed in 2019 and even last year towards the end of the season even though he wasnt fully healthy .   both lewis and turray will have breakouts and i think ben has a mild break out to the point he can at least be a good back up and play more .

5 hours ago, coming on strong said:

I think it’s way too early to know that Dayo will be back by October 1.    An Achilles can be tricky and maybe he’s not ready until October 31.   And even when he does play, I’m not expecting him to be a starter.   Maybe he plays like 15-20 snaps as Turay did when he first came back this past season.   So, Dayo is likely to be situational.   We may not see the real player until 2022.   I don’t think that’s unreasonable....

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think it’s way too early to know that Dayo will be back by October 1.    An Achilles can be tricky and maybe he’s not ready until October 31.   And even when he does play, I’m not expecting him to be a starter.   Maybe he plays like 15-20 snaps as Turay did when he first came back this past season.   So, Dayo is likely to be situational.   We may not see the real player until 2022.   I don’t think that’s unreasonable....

Yes this wasn’t a draft pick for one year this was a draft pick for the next four years.

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

every body is different it depends on his genes and how his body recovers .   Achilles is 4 to 6 months to return to normal but playing football is a different level .  i think the colts will be careful and only play him when he is fully 100 percent so i believe we will see limited snaps but by playoff time if we make it he will be deadly .

Was it the best draft? No, but we were picking at 21 to start. I’m not happy with all of the picks, but I’m not going pretend I know more than Chris. It will be years before we can say with certainty that the draft was successful or not. 

46 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Was it the best draft? No, but we were picking at 21 to start. I’m not happy with all of the picks, but I’m not going pretend I know more than Chris. It will be years before we can say with certainty that the draft was successful or not. 

Yes this is a rational response.  I get saying hey I am not a big fan of this on paper but I am willing to let it play out before I cast judgement on it one way or another.  If both ends live up to their hype we might be singing about what a great draft this was because of how nasty the d-line becomes.  If one or both busts out and one of the tackles they didn’t get goes on to be a super star there will be a lot of second guessing.  

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yes this is a rational response.  I get saying hey I am not a big fan of this on paper but I am willing to let it play out before I cast judgement on it one way or another.  If both ends live up to their hype we might be singing about what a great draft this was because of how nasty the d-line becomes.  If one or both busts out and one of the tackles they didn’t get goes on to be a super star there will be a lot of second guessing.  

And that’s true with every pick in the draft. There’s always going to be someone you miss out on. 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

And that’s true with every pick in the draft. There’s always going to be someone you miss out on. 

Yep honestly if you hit on three or four guys in a class you had a good draft.  That’s why Ballard wants as many picks as he can get it gives you more chances to hit.  

On 4/30/2021 at 8:11 PM, 07dleigh said:

Wow. Wow. Very surprised but I will never not have faith in CB. I remember not being thrilled about Blackmon & having to “wait for him to get healthy”, and then BOOM, DROY candidate. 

My biggest takeaway is that he has something brewing for OT via trade or free agency (pls don’t move Nelson). That’s exciting to contemplate. 

He flashed but we don’t know if he’s any good or not,  very suspect in coverage. 

6 minutes ago, Nickster said:

He flashed but we don’t know if he’s any good or not,  very suspect in coverage. 

He flashed?

Three good months and one poor month and you think he just....   flashed.  

Ok....    whatever....   

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He flashed?

Ok....    whatever....   

he was exposed the last 4 or 5 weeks.  If he doesn’t improve his coverage from what he showed he’s not going to’ast  as a starter for a contender.

he could improve.  Hope so, he’s exciting playing the ball in front.  

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He flashed?

Ok....    whatever....   

he had a 45 pff grade after Week 11.  That’s really bad.

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hell with today's medical advances who's to say he isn't ready sooner than we think? I didn't think Blackmon would play last year.

4 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Hell with today's medical advances who's to say he isn't ready sooner than we think? I didn't think Blackmon would play last year.

Maybe even Achilles man.   Does anyone know of advancements here?  Used to be sports death sentence.

6 hours ago, Nickster said:

he had a 45 pff grade after Week 11.  That’s really bad.

And the first 11 weeks?   You know, way more than half the season?   The part you call flash. 

When your good stretch is roughly double your your bad stretch, “flash”is the wrong term.   That’s not flashing.

You can say he hit the rookie wall.

You can say he ran out of gas after a long rookie season coming off a major knee injury.

You can say opposing teams scouted him much better.

But 11 weeks of high level play where he was in the conversation for DROY is not flashing.  Not even a little.   It’s the wrong term. 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

And the first 11 weeks?   You know, way more than half the season?   The part you call flash. 

When your good stretch is roughly double your your bad stretch, “flash”is the wrong term.   That’s not flashing.

You can say he hit the rookie wall.

You can say he ran out of gas after a long rookie season coming off a major knee injury.

You can say opposing teams scouted him much better.

But 11 weeks of high level play where he was in the conversation for DROY is not flashing.  Not even a little.   It’s the wrong term. 

Right.  Another possibility is he was exposed.  He couldn’t cover as a corner.  I’m not writing him off, but 6 games is a long time too.  He’s definitely got work to do. That was clear down the stretch.

but yeah, I’m not sure what the limits are on flashing.

5 hours ago, Nickster said:

Maybe even Achilles man.   Does anyone know of advancements here?  Used to be sports death sentence.

According to this Twitter thread, it could be a successful recovery!

26 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Will also posted this. Apparently there has been a lot of advances for Achilles surgery. Mack was already 80% in March so that is about 6-8 months. Hopefully Dayo doesn’t have any setbacks. Would be amazing if he was able to play at least by OCT.

Maybe he returns by the end of November  at the latest

Archived