Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 NFL Draft Day 2 Discussion Thread

49 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Where did you have the guy the Vikes picked? I still have no idea why they selected him. They are so bad at drafting QBs. I did love Teddy. (I see a sad face coming from MPS. He hates Teddy.)

Don’t ever associate the word “hate” with me again.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

The Panthers are having a very good draft!

8. Panthers select CB, Jaycee Horn, South Carolina - BlueShoe Ranking 20
59. Panthers select WR, Terrace Marshall, LSU - BlueShoe Ranking 35
70. Panthers select OT, Brady Christensen, BYU - BlueShoe Ranking 61
83. Panthers select TE, Tommy Tremble, Notre Dame - BlueShoe Ranking 68

Horn’s a stud.  He’ll be in multiple Pro Bowls.  And Marshall is a steal at 59.

If Darnold can get back on track with a new coach and team — and I’m one who thinks he can — then the Panthers will have had themselves one heck of an off-season.

56 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Fisher’s projected one year deal is 8.5m.  Easily affordable.  

Those projected salary numbers are for the start of free agency.   No one has much money now.

He might get that number, or maybe not. Maybe linked to games he starts?   Certainly his second season numbers will be much better for him. 

2 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Horn’s a stud.  He’ll be in multiple Pro Bowls.  And Marshall is a steal at 59.

If Darnold can get back on track with a new coach and team — and I’m one who thinks he can — then the Panthers will have had themselves one heck of an off-season.

I agree 100%!

Just now, w87r said:

Wyatt Davis is solid pick

Really solid! He's PFF's #1 G and they love the pick. Darrisaw and Davis plus Ezra Cleveland makes me think they've finally put together a good OL. Davis is apparently a day1 starter at LG.

Just now, krunk said:

I think i actually wont feel bad if we picked up Brown and just let a vet start while we coach him up a bit. Hes got all the tools.

While I hope he survives to our next pick, I don't think he does. 

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Was hoping 1 of those last 2 trade alerts were going to be Colts.

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

While I hope he survives to our next pick, I don't think he does. 

He may bc of where he played

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Anyone else Surprised Spencer Brown and Quinn Meinerz haven't been picked yet?

58. IOL, Quinn Meinerz, Wisconsin-Whitewater

101. OT, Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa

I think small school players are also suffering in this draft. 

15 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

At least it was until tonight.

If I’m his agent right now, I’m upping the price.  And I wouldn’t buy Ballard’s explanation that they’ll kick Nelson out there if they have to.  That sounds about like Irsay swearing that Jacoby was worth a first rounder in trade.

FTR, I’m actually glad we didn’t trade up to get any of those OTs who went in the 2nd.  And I really, really like Kwity.

But, right now, I find myself wishing we’d have taken Darrisaw in the 1st.

Little is the only one I would have moved up for.  Water over the dam now.  I hope Fisher is the plan.  I feel he’s the best fit right now. 

10 minutes ago, Shive said:

Really solid! He's PFF's #1 G and they love the pick. Darrisaw and Davis plus Ezra Cleveland makes me think they've finally put together a good OL. Davis is apparently a day1 starter at LG.

That is really good news. Our RT is Brian O'Niell who has been our best OL the last two years. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is really good news. Our RT is Brian O'Niell who has been out best OL the last two years. 

I forgot about O'Neill! Vikings should have a REALLY good OL this season.

Nico Collins to the Texans. Despite their lack of picks, they've made some solid picks.

If we want to draft an OT at 127....

There will still be some options. I don't see all of them falling off the board, especially with the crazy run on them that already happened. 

86. OT, Stone Forsythe, Florida
142. OT, James Hudson, Cincinnati
144. OT, Brenden Jaimes, Nebraska
150. OT, Alaric Jackson, Iowa

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Little is the only one I would have moved up for.  Water over the dam now.  I hope Fisher is the plan.  I feel he’s the best fit right now. 

I’d say Eichenberg was the best 2nd round OT myself.  But like you said, water over the dam.

Fisher being about the only realistic plan from here was kinda my point.  Several teams are apparently interested and our situation just moved a few steps closer to desperate.  Advantage Fisher.

Part of my angst — I’m sure I’m not alone — is residual PTSD over Luck....and the fact that our new QB has already had 2 major injuries in a brief career.

1 minute ago, luv_pony_express said:

I’d say Eichenberg was the best 2nd round OT myself.  But like you said, water over the dam.

Fisher being about the only realistic plan from here was kinda my point.  Several teams are apparently interested and our situation just moved a few steps closer to desperate.  Advantage Fisher.

Part of my angst — I’m sure I’m not alone — is residual PTSD over Luck....and the fact that our new QB has already had 2 major injuries in a brief career.

I only know what they said, but when Eichenberg was selected, they said he was a RT as his foot speed was too slow for LT (blind side).  He was evidently not the answer for Colts at LT.

From all the reports I have been reading from guys even like Ian Rappaport, Odeyingbo may be ready to play by the beginning of October. On 1070 radio on my into work tonight, Odeyingbo spoke to the Indy media, it was around a 10 minute conversation - I listened to the whole thing. He said his rehab is going great and he is shooting to play when the season starts. So I doubt he sits out the whole season. I am not jumping for joy with this pick but I am not ready to jump off a cliff because of the pick like some are. Our defense looks pretty good on paper now. He is a great talent! Regarding LT, it wouldn't shock me at all if we move Nelson to LT, his style of play is much like the great Larry Allen's was. Allen played OG during the Cowboys SB years but was moved to LT during the 1998 season and made the pro-bowl and he was very dominant.

12 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

58. IOL, Quinn Meinerz, Wisconsin-Whitewater

I think small school players are also suffering in this draft. 

I think you are right about that seems like alot of small school guys have gone lower than they thought and big school players are going higher than they thought

5 minutes ago, fatboy said:

I only know what they said, but when Eichenberg was selected, they said he was a RT as his foot speed was too slow for LT (blind side).  He was evidently not the answer for Colts at LT.

Maybe.  And I did take note of Ballard’s comment at the presser about this class of OTs (and I’m assuming he was excluding Sewell and Slater, given there was almost no chance they’d be in our reach).  It was a very candid comment that, in hindsight, looks like some foreshadowing.

But apparently they weren’t all that high on Darrisaw either (not enough, anyway, to take him over KP).  I know there was some discussion about his work ethic - which would clearly red flag him for a GM like Ballard.

Anyway, I hope that Fisher is in the mix and that his heel will not be too much of a problem.

Archived