Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 NFL Draft Day 2 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

67. Texans select QB, Davis Mills, Stanford - BlueShoe Ranking 56

This is my QB sleeper in this draft... Could be a great pickup for the Texans... 

Where did you have the guy the Vikes picked? I still have no idea why they selected him. They are so bad at drafting QBs. I did love Teddy. (I see a sad face coming from MPS. He dislikes Teddy.)

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Shive said:

Lewis looked solid last season and Turay played hurt. It wouldn't surprise me if they had good seasons this year.

Hopefully Lewis will earn a nice second contract with another team, giving us a comp pick. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Where did you have the guy the Vikes picked? I still have no idea why they selected him. They are so bad at drafting QBs. I did love Teddy. (I see a sad face coming from MPS. He hates Teddy.)

66. Vikings select QB, Kellen Mond, Texas A&M - BlueShoe Ranking 88

Mond has some ability... Sometimes too much tape can hurt a player... LOL. These one-year wonders get too much love, in my mind. Mond's got a lot of tape. 

The reason why I am so high on Davis Mills is because my comp for him is Frank Reich, who lets be honest, should have been a starter in the NFL... But that was a different era. 

16 minutes ago, harrisoncolts88 said:

I understand Dayo might not play until 2022 but wonder if this means later in the draft we will see a Ben Banogu trade for a 6th round pick like we've seen 2 times in years past with Hairston and Wilson. Hey Jets...

I think he will play this year. We havent drafted anyone yet thats had to sit that long.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Where did you have the guy the Vikes picked? I still have no idea why they selected him. They are so bad at drafting QBs. I did love Teddy. (I see a sad face coming from MPS. He hates Teddy.)

I actually like Mond. He had a great Senior Bowl week and there was talk he could be the 6th QB taken leading up to draft. Ended up 7th.

24 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yes.  That's why he was picked in the 4th, with the understanding he wont be on the field every play.

Pick 21 needs to be on the field every down (outside of a breather).  I'm talking when he's developed (at pick 21, that better be quick)  Good quality players playing 3 downs is a better return on investment than good quality players playing situations.  Buckner was taken with our pick 13 and never leaves the field.

Good teams worry less about what they’re getting in the first year if — IF — they think they’re going to get a LOT more in future years.   I think that’s the case with Paye.  

I’m guessing he plays roughly 50 percent of the snaps as a rookie and it will go up from there.   Remember, Kwity is still very new to American football.   He’s learning.  His best football is in front of him. 

Folks just another thing.

Paye - Grover - Buckner - Odeyingbo is a naaaasty, just nasty, 1st/2nd down run defensive line. You’ve got all the power, length, speed you want, with a certain All-Pro LB kept clean running loose behind.

I say bring on Derek Henry and all these other RBs next season.

16 minutes ago, w87r said:

I actually like Mond. He had a great Senior Bowl week and there was talk he could be the 6th QB taken leading up to draft. Ended up 7th.

Very few of us like the pick. I thought he was a 6th or 7th round talent. He is short for a QB, no?

From NFL Network:  

Shies away from big-play opportunities to take shorter throws.

^^^That tells me that Mike Zimmer made this pick. Zimmer puts shackles on QBs except Cousins.

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Starting to wonder like a lot of you if this draft simply isn’t as talented compared to other years. Perhaps that’s due to Covid, but it really seems like nearly everyone is a developmental player. 

I think it is just really hard to scout them this year. No combine. Workout numbers don't make any sense... And teams are playing it too safe by going with measurements... I have a feeling there will be a lot of players taken outside of the first round who outshine a lot of the players taken in the first round.

7 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Folks just another thing.

Paye - Grover - Buckner - Odeyingbo is a naaaasty, just nasty, 1st/2nd down run defensive line. You’ve got all the power, length, speed you want, with a certain All-Pro LB kept clean running loose behind.

I say bring on Derek Henry and all these other RBs next season.

Which fits what Ballard wants to do, control the trenches by being able to run the ball and stop the run.  

The amount of really good CB's and WR's falling at this point is encouraging for our pick tomorrow (if we don't trade up tonight).

what Im hoping for, doubt it happens but holding out hope right now.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Very few of us like the pick. I thought he was a 6th or 7th round talent. He is short for a QB, no?

6'3"

Not very small.

8 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Starting to wonder like a lot of you if this draft simply isn’t as talented compared to other years. Perhaps that’s due to Covid, but it really seems like nearly everyone is a developmental player. 

In a sense all rookies are developmental players.  Very few enter the NFL as finished projects.

Stephen Holder

@HolderStephen

·

34m

The way I see Dayo Odeyingbo without any insight from the team just yet... When healthy, feels like an early-down player on the edge and a nickel rusher in passing situations. He's a BIG guy and a very effective rusher from the interior.

If he can push the pocket from the interior like i saw in that clip then id have to imagine what that looks like with him an Buckner next to each other on passing downs. Again my suspicion is they like him more for what he can do inside and as we go they can add more to his tool box as an edge rusher to be more complete.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Stephen Holder

@HolderStephen

·

34m

The way I see Dayo Odeyingbo without any insight from the team just yet... When healthy, feels like an early-down player on the edge and a nickel rusher in passing situations. He's a BIG guy and a very effective rusher from the interior.

When you have to play watson and now Lawrence twice a year and the other team has Henry having guys who can control the line of scrimmage is very important.

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

what Im hoping for, doubt it happens but holding out hope right now.

6'3"

Not very small.

Folks on the Vikings site wrote that he was barely 6'1.

Okay, 6'3" is not bad. Thank you.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

When you have to play watson and now Lawrence twice a year and the other team has Henry having guys who can control the line of scrimmage is very important.

Im still not sure what to make of the Watson situation as far as if he will be here. Get what youre saying though.

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I find it hard to believe Reich and his offensive coordinator and OL line coach were celebrating this pick unless they new Ballard has another plan in place for LT.  

My first reaction is...    so?   Who cares if Reich and his staff were celebrating or not.   That happens in all 32 teams. 

Second reaction:   Of course Ballard has another place in place.   And Reich knows what it is.   When has Ballard ever not had another plan in place?   The next time will be the first time.   Just because the fan base doesn’t know what the plan is doesn’t mean there isn’t a plan. 

Just sayin. 

WOW. I like Koonce as a later round guy, but not in the 3rd. Very Raiders things to do, so not shocking.

Koonce is pretty good in my opinion. I dont think 3rd rd is too much. I felt his burst wasnt far off from Ojulari.

44 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Fisher’s projected one year deal is 8.5m.  Easily affordable.  

At least it was until tonight.

If I’m his agent right now, I’m upping the price.  And I wouldn’t buy Ballard’s explanation that they’ll kick Nelson out there if they have to.  That sounds about like Irsay swearing that Jacoby was worth a first rounder in trade.

FTR, I’m actually glad we didn’t trade up to get any of those OTs who went in the 2nd.  And I really, really like Kwity.

But, right now, I find myself wishing we’d have taken Darrisaw in the 1st.

The Panthers are having a very good draft!

8. Panthers select CB, Jaycee Horn, South Carolina - BlueShoe Ranking 20
59. Panthers select WR, Terrace Marshall, LSU - BlueShoe Ranking 35
70. Panthers select OT, Brady Christensen, BYU - BlueShoe Ranking 61
83. Panthers select TE, Tommy Tremble, Notre Dame - BlueShoe Ranking 68

Might as well throw Sam Darnold in there too.... 

Archived