Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 NFL Draft Day 2 Discussion Thread

Just now, Colt Overseas said:

I liked him alot actually. I had him as a good LDE option, though I prefered Turner and Basham. Turner is obviously long gone.

Odeyingbo is an extremely voilent player on the feild and has great size and length.

I'm not mad at this tbh.

So now we have moved into the luxury pick stage?

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, krunk said:

I watched a few clips of him against SEC squads and he was getting stuffed. I will watch again.

He is 6'5" 285 with 35" arms... And he is quick... He is kind of like Montez Sweat... 

10 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

With 5 Tackles off the board in this round alone, I  wouldn't be surprised if we go in a different direction with this pick and try to get a free agent after the draft.

Thinking like a GM! Nailed it

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He’s a near first round talent.   You’re looking at our first round pick in 2022. 

He'll play this year I'd bet.  One thing about Indy, you have the advantage of being located in the center of the sports medicene universe

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Odeyingbo, who injured his Achilles in preparation for the Senior Bowl, will be ready in September or October. Odeyingbo joins his older brother, Bengals IDL Dare, as Vanderbilt defensive linemen to make the jump to the NFL. The four-star prospect accrued 126 tackles, 12 sacks, 85 pressures, and 71 stops over his four year career. He was named second team All-SEC in 2020 and departs as the fifth leading player in Vandy history with 31 tackles for loss. He’s capable of challenging on the outside with a varied toolbox of pass rushing moves, or bulldozing his way through the B-gap. He fits the basketball-player-still-transitioning-to-the-gridiron mold and suffers from the usual array of developmental obstacles to climb. The Colts hope Odeyingbo can improve their pass rush, which was graded by PFF as the 13th worst in the NFL last season. 

really liked what I saw from Dayo and mocked him to us a few times in the 2nd, but it wasn't with taking Paye in the 1st. He's got the size and strength to kick inside as well. I'm a little confused with doubling down on DE, but it's not like Ballard hasn't taken the "double down" approach on a position.

2 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

This is the annual senior bowl pick.  They fell for this guy hard at the bowl practices, and when he tore it out of his heel, they took him off the board for their first....bet he woulda been the pick if healthy for us in rd 1

This years julian blackmon

2 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

I have a great deal of faith in Ballard, Dodds, & Co.

And, as always, we’ll have to wait and see.  But I don’t like this pick - not at 54.

I’m a bit unnerved right now about our LT position.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

Achilles is a brutal injury - rehab-wise, and for ANY NFL athlete. So we'll have to see, but any reward from this pick won't even be possible until 2022.  Head scratcher

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Hopefully the last two turn out better than the first two.

Ballard is like the three point shooter who keeps shooting at second round defensive ends, he will miss a lot and he hopes to make some eventually?? I can only hope.

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Somewhere Luck is shaking his head and Wentz is crying...

That's the risk you take when you put most of your eggs in the draft basket.  Sometimes it doesn't fall your way.  We need to sign Fisher or somebody or we may be looking at Davenport or Levi starting at OT.   Scary.

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

That's the risk you take when you put most of your eggs in the draft basket.  Sometimes it doesn't fall your way.  We need to sign Fisher or somebody or we may be looking at Davenport or Levi starting at OT.   Scary.

Yeah, that's a little doom and gloomy..... Castonzo was consistently healthy and decent.  He was also consistently over hyped.... He was more joe reitz than Tarik Glenn

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

Idk like now I’m thinking he’s just falling in love with the same players each year. This pick screams Banogu all over again. Better football player, but too early IMO.

Those picks are completely different.... This guy is huge for an end, Banogu was an OLB tweener

9 minutes ago, Shive said:

really liked what I saw from Dayo and mocked him to us a few times in the 2nd, but it wasn't with taking Paye in the 1st. He's got the size and strength to kick inside as well. I'm a little confused with doubling down on DE, but it's not like Ballard hasn't taken the "double down" approach on a position.

Dayo is LDE and Paye is RDE, and Turay will be situational.

With these picks, Ballard is acknowledging he whiffed on Lewis and Ben.  Houston and Autry are gone.

Really, with the level of capital invested in Paye and Dayo, its a total reload of the DE position with Turay and AQM remaining on the roster, but tenuously. 

Archived