Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Paye: For What it's Worth....

His rankings: 

14th for Jeremiah

18th for Zierlein

19th for McShay

20th for Kiper

I don’t have a PFF rank for him.  If anyone has that,  please add that to this thread.   Thnx. 

Odds are he was much higher on the Cokts board because we have the health and character background info that analysts typically don't.    So certain players that they have on their boards,  were likely OFF our board.   

In his press conference, Ballard said he had offers,  but it wasn't enough value to give up a player they loved.    He called this one of the easier decisions he's had to make.   Said anyone can draft off of talent,  that's NOT hard.    But to try and find the right combination of talent and character is really hard.    Says Paye already plays the way we play.  All out hard all the time.  That his effort is outstanding.   That he stands for everything the Colts stand for. 

There's now a big story up on the team website about the Paye life story.    Strongly encourage you to watch.    He's an easy kid to like and to root for.

I understand the need to replace Autry or could have let Muhammad have a chance to prove himself.  However, am a little surprised the Colts regressed in not wanting to protect their QB with one of the best LTs available with Darrisaw.  With a lot of teams needing OL help have a bad feeling majority of top OL will be gone by the time the Colt pick in Round 2.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the Colts took a CB or WR in Round 2.

15 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

I understand the need to replace Autry or could have let Muhammad have a chance to prove himself.  However, am a little surprised the Colts regressed in not wanting to protect their QB with one of the best LTs available with Darrisaw.  With a lot of teams needing OL help have a bad feeling majority of top OL will be gone by the time the Colt pick in Round 2.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the Colts took a CB or WR in Round 2.

When you are right, you are right.  And in this case you are right - clearly the Colts no longer want to protect the QB.  That is totally what the Paye pick means.

1 hour ago, OhioColt said:

I'm not sure if you know this,   the draft is more than 1 round

1 hour ago, OhioColt said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we trade out of the 2nd round and get 2 3rd round picks instead.

54) Indianapolis Colts

66) Minnesota Vikings

90) Minnesota Vikings

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

His rankings: 

14th for Jeremiah

18th for Zierlein

19th for McShay

20th for Kiper

I don’t have a PFF rank for him.  If anyone has that,  please add that to this thread.   Thnx. 

The Draft Network had him at 10th

DraftTek had him at 18th

On 4/30/2021 at 8:45 AM, DougDew said:

But Darrisaw was ranked higher on most boards too.

Not from what I found.  In fact, most I saw had Paye ranked slightly higher.  It wasn't much of a difference, but it was what it was.  Both were pretty close really.  NFL Network had Paye as one of their steals of Round 1.

Archived