Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Kwity Paye DE

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We draft the 2nd best DE, and people still complain. Unbelievable. 

Good OT will be there at 54 Good DE will not 

Posted Images

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

We draft the 2nd best DE, and people still complain. Unbelievable. 

Remember there were people who wanted Ryan Leaf and RG3 over Manning and Luck.  There is a reason fans don’t make the picks.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

PFF write up is nice:

”Paye has the kind of physical tools that don’t come around every class. Whether it’s the sub-6.5-second three-cone he ran as a junior or the 36 bench press reps he did at his pro day, Paye is the definition of “built different.” This season we finally saw him start to put it all together, as his 87.1 pass-rushing grade suggests.”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

I get the hesistancy from some...but he’s a much better ER prospect than they have drafted the past few years.

Is he better than the three stooges . Lewis turay and ben

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Why wouldn’t you want the best edge rusher in the draft? Amazing value at 21

I would argue with Jaelean Phillips taken at 18 defaults Paye to at least the 2nd best defensive end

9 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Paye a crappy player

Yes he is and that is the reason the Colts drafted him . They are signing Tim Tebow tomorrow as a tight end for 5 years,:coltslogo:

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

Was hoping for Darrisaw but will root for Paye to do well. Not too excited about drafting another "developmental" pass rusher...

he's definitely a project.  espn was showing him getting dominated by offensive lineman but you know, Mel Kiper doesn't like us

It is a  good pick. He is the best EDGE available with a lot of upside. There are a lot of OT options available in draft. Colts can still get a solid OT in 2nd. I am a bit surprised we did not trade back but at 21 Ballard had his option off Paye, Darrisaw or Newsome.   Would still like for us to get a 3rd round pick but that may be hard now unless CB can turn 54 into 2 picks

1 minute ago, ColtV said:

I would argue with Jaelean Phillips taken at 18 defaults Paye to at least the 2nd best defensive end

Phillips is a one year wonder who’s production was matched by a backup when he sat out last year. The U has a hell of a DL and Phillips benefits from that.

• Thanks 1

Yes GIF

Alright. 

To me this seems to signify that Ballard is altering his mindset now from “let’s stockpile picks and build something with the right pieces” to “let’s open it up full throttle and see what happens”. 

No way he trades down again at 2 with the T situation solved, and a 3 isn’t going to net him very much so we’re working with what we’ve got now. 

Time to take the training wheels off. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

The trade back speculation was way overdone this mock draft season. 

Not to mention that there has been how many trade backs overall?

Two.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Yes GIF

Alright. 

To me this seems to signify that Ballard is altering his mindset now from “let’s stockpile picks and build something with the right pieces” to “let’s open it up full throttle and see what happens”. 

No way he trades down again at 2 with the T situation solved, and a 3 isn’t going to net him very much so we’re working with what we’ve got now. 

Time to take the training wheels off. 

I think it’s more of a case that the guy they wanted the most that they thought had a chance of being there was there so they pulled the trigger on it.  

• Like 2

The people that are mad about us not drafting tackle clearly don’t know how deep this draft is at tackle.

I’m sure glad that Ballard is the one calling the shots and not you guys.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, ColtV said:

My apologies. I forgot this was a temple of zealots who doubted nothing 

Get off your high horse. You’re upset that you don’t know who Paye is. Read this and move on. 

Paye (6'4/272) is a former high school running back who was considered a three-star recruit entering his freshman year. The Providence, RI native garnered honorable mention All-Big Ten recognition as a sophomore before exploding his junior year, registering 50 tackles, 12.0 TFL, 6.5 sacks, 37 pressures and 31 stops while being named second-team All-Big Ten. He improved on a per snap basis in 2020, causing 22 pressures and 13 stops in just four games and receiving an 87.1 pass rush grade according to PFF. A member of Bruce Feldman’s “Freak-List” Paye has a thick frame that channels tremendous power into his bull rush. Vicious hands and natural athleticism help him to shoot gaps on run plays. Difficult to dislodge once his base is established and will chase down plays from behind. He put on a show at his pro day workout, running a 4.52 40-yard dash, posting a 35 ½” vertical, 33” arms and a herculean 36 bench reps. Paye has all the tools to produce a career akin to former Detroit Lions DE Ezekiel Ansah.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

I'm fine with Paye. On another note, 6 out of the first 24 picks are from Alabama, the Crimson Tide.

Also the Colts will face four of the big five rookie QBs this year.  Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, and Lance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1