Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Kwity Paye DE

danlhart87

1 minute ago, tweezy32 said:

Tell me why they bashed his technique the whole time showing him off.. talking about we have to coach him up a lot and talking about his two hands punch

Let them talk crap, he’s the type that feeds off of it. 

I have said since January that I’ve never been this high on a prospect , I think he’s better than Phillips and I think he should have gone top 10-15 in most years but the QB run pushed him down! 

this kid one on one gonna be a beast. And if they double him, then Buckner will be singled up and well some one gonna get hit

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PFF write up is nice:

”Paye has the kind of physical tools that don’t come around every class. Whether it’s the sub-6.5-second three-cone he ran as a junior or the 36 bench press reps he did at his pro day, Paye is the definition of “built different.” This season we finally saw him start to put it all together, as his 87.1 pass-rushing grade suggests.”

2 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Why wouldn’t you want the best edge rusher in the draft? Amazing value at 21

I would argue with Jaelean Phillips taken at 18 defaults Paye to at least the 2nd best defensive end

15 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

Was hoping for Darrisaw but will root for Paye to do well. Not too excited about drafting another "developmental" pass rusher...

he's definitely a project.  espn was showing him getting dominated by offensive lineman but you know, Mel Kiper doesn't like us

It is a  good pick. He is the best EDGE available with a lot of upside. There are a lot of OT options available in draft. Colts can still get a solid OT in 2nd. I am a bit surprised we did not trade back but at 21 Ballard had his option off Paye, Darrisaw or Newsome.   Would still like for us to get a 3rd round pick but that may be hard now unless CB can turn 54 into 2 picks

1 minute ago, ColtV said:

I would argue with Jaelean Phillips taken at 18 defaults Paye to at least the 2nd best defensive end

Phillips is a one year wonder who’s production was matched by a backup when he sat out last year. The U has a hell of a DL and Phillips benefits from that.

Yes GIF

Alright. 

To me this seems to signify that Ballard is altering his mindset now from “let’s stockpile picks and build something with the right pieces” to “let’s open it up full throttle and see what happens”. 

No way he trades down again at 2 with the T situation solved, and a 3 isn’t going to net him very much so we’re working with what we’ve got now. 

Time to take the training wheels off. 

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Yes GIF

Alright. 

To me this seems to signify that Ballard is altering his mindset now from “let’s stockpile picks and build something with the right pieces” to “let’s open it up full throttle and see what happens”. 

No way he trades down again at 2 with the T situation solved, and a 3 isn’t going to net him very much so we’re working with what we’ve got now. 

Time to take the training wheels off. 

I think it’s more of a case that the guy they wanted the most that they thought had a chance of being there was there so they pulled the trigger on it.  

1 minute ago, ColtV said:

My apologies. I forgot this was a temple of zealots who doubted nothing 

Get off your high horse. You’re upset that you don’t know who Paye is. Read this and move on. 

Paye (6'4/272) is a former high school running back who was considered a three-star recruit entering his freshman year. The Providence, RI native garnered honorable mention All-Big Ten recognition as a sophomore before exploding his junior year, registering 50 tackles, 12.0 TFL, 6.5 sacks, 37 pressures and 31 stops while being named second-team All-Big Ten. He improved on a per snap basis in 2020, causing 22 pressures and 13 stops in just four games and receiving an 87.1 pass rush grade according to PFF. A member of Bruce Feldman’s “Freak-List” Paye has a thick frame that channels tremendous power into his bull rush. Vicious hands and natural athleticism help him to shoot gaps on run plays. Difficult to dislodge once his base is established and will chase down plays from behind. He put on a show at his pro day workout, running a 4.52 40-yard dash, posting a 35 ½” vertical, 33” arms and a herculean 36 bench reps. Paye has all the tools to produce a career akin to former Detroit Lions DE Ezekiel Ansah.

Archived