Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tim Tebow The Return

King Colt

12 hours ago, King Colt said:

A report on Thursday said that Tebow worked out for the Jacksonville Jaguars recently. Tebow, who was a quarterback in college and the NFL, is now switching to tight end.

He should play the position he was born to play, FullBack, he would make one heck of a fullback, and one like Kyle Juszczyk that could catch if he wanted, and he is always good for a surprise throw or two here and there out of wildcat formations.

Embrace your talents, Tim, and work with them. :) 

33 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Maybe Colts should bring him in for a workout!? Looks a bit bigger than our TE draft pick!

He can be the FB that can punch it in like The Fridge for the element of surprise with JT in there, IMO. :) 

I hope that the Jags get peer pressured by all the constantly delusional Tebow fans out there to utilize him at any spot, including QB and especially against the Colts

Go for it Jaguars! Jesus Christ Jr is magical and will make things happen. LOL

I don't get all the negative remarks about Tebow. He has talent, not elite, but he did take the Broncos to the playoffs. He also does a lot of charity work. Maybe it's the fact that he's religious? If that's the case, it's on the critic, not on Tebow. 

7 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I don't get all the negative remarks about Tebow. He has talent, not elite, but he did take the Broncos to the playoffs. He also does a lot of charity work. Maybe it's the fact that he's religious? If that's the case, it's on the critic, not on Tebow. 

Well you're speculating, I personally like Tim Tebow as a human being.

But as if people aren't tired enough of politics invading the sports world, of course religion is the first thing people point to here. To that point, why not give Kaepernic another shot if we are talking about guys we still think can play? Bottom line, it's been almost 10 years since this guy took a snap in the NFL. What really qualifies him to be on a NFL roster over someone who may have just got cut this past offseason? So let's be a little more logical here. We all know he's one of Urban Myers' boys. He's a freakin legend right down the road in Gainesville. That's not speculation.

I wrote a lengthy and scathing take on the Jacksonville franchise as a whole. Been in the league 25 years now. 8 seasons above .500, with 4 of those coming in the first 5 years of their existence. They fire coordinators every 2 years. They get blue chip players that don't succeed there and end up succeeding elsewhere because they are always picking in the top 5. They get quality free agents that end up not working out there.

They volunteer to play home games in London every year and last year it was going to be 2 home games. If you look at their revenue history, there was a significant spike in team revenue the year after they played their first game at Wembley. I mean would you want your home team, as a loyal fan, to play two home games in another, larger city that you can't travel to?

At some point, regardless of who has what title I think we need to start looking at the ownership and asking, what exactly in god's green hell are they trying to accomplish? Is this like a new reality tv show now? No press is the only bad press right? Well, they sure are in the headlines after this ridiculous publicity stunt. This signing makes absolutely zero sense to more than a few people from a football perspective.

23 hours ago, teganslaw said:

He does a great amount of work for EVERY community that he lives in

People that hate him because he believes in Christ / God should lighten up

He isn't forcing you to do anything

Yeah, the hate is unwarranted.   He is very likable and a great guy in the community.  

Sports shows and their media folks have even been bringing up Kaep.  Out of nowhere and no reason to bring him into this.  They didn't bring him up when the Colts signed any of their free agents or undrafted free agents.   

He's 6'3" and 255 pounds and in great shape.  He doesn't bad mouth the owners.    

I don't have any ill will towards Tim. Great guy, fantastic leader, and very entertaining to watch usually. I'm reserved on how he'll do from a football standpoint, but that's more due to his lack of experience (1 snap as a TE, I believe?). He's certainly athletic enough. And he's one heck of a story. 

He'll probably bring in tickets to Jacksonville for the big Florida fans to see their old hero play ball in his home state, which is good business for Meyer and Co.

On 5/10/2021 at 7:01 PM, colts89 said:

I hope that the Jags get peer pressured by all the constantly delusional Tebow fans out there to utilize him at any spot, including QB and especially against the Colts

Go for it Jaguars! Jesus Christ Jr is magical and will make things happen. LOL

I'm personally disappointed in Meyer, probably giving in to a suit, but bringing in a guy who hasn't played  in 9 years and now will try a new position. 

Cowherd said that the locker room may frown on this because it takes away a job from a legitimate player.

Anyway, I'm sure the media will like it as it's a good story tebow & meyer reuniting not far from gator land. 

On 5/11/2021 at 3:59 PM, JoeThornburg said:

Well you're speculating, I personally like Tim Tebow as a human being.

But as if people aren't tired enough of politics invading the sports world, of course religion is the first thing people point to here. To that point, why not give Kaepernic another shot if we are talking about guys we still think can play? Bottom line, it's been almost 10 years since this guy took a snap in the NFL. What really qualifies him to be on a NFL roster over someone who may have just got cut this past offseason? So let's be a little more logical here. We all know he's one of Urban Myers' boys. He's a freakin legend right down the road in Gainesville. That's not speculation.

I wrote a lengthy and scathing take on the Jacksonville franchise as a whole. Been in the league 25 years now. 8 seasons above .500, with 4 of those coming in the first 5 years of their existence. They fire coordinators every 2 years. They get blue chip players that don't succeed there and end up succeeding elsewhere because they are always picking in the top 5. They get quality free agents that end up not working out there.

They volunteer to play home games in London every year and last year it was going to be 2 home games. If you look at their revenue history, there was a significant spike in team revenue the year after they played their first game at Wembley. I mean would you want your home team, as a loyal fan, to play two home games in another, larger city that you can't travel to?

At some point, regardless of who has what title I think we need to start looking at the ownership and asking, what exactly in god's green hell are they trying to accomplish? Is this like a new reality tv show now? No press is the only bad press right? Well, they sure are in the headlines after this ridiculous publicity stunt. This signing makes absolutely zero sense to more than a few people from a football perspective.

The Jags need to sell tickets.    Florida fans love Tebow. 

It's too bad that NFL G-league busted out last year because the Jags would be a solid .500 team if they played in it. What an absolute joke. Urban Meyer will 'retire' in two years because of 'health concerns' and in four years he'll be the head coach at LSU or some crap. 

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

That's the reality. People need to realize this is a business, and they all know Tebow is likely going to get cut anyways. I think he will get cut, and the Jags will bring him in as a coach to still "excite" the Florida fanbase. 

7 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I'm personally disappointed in Meyer, probably giving in to a suit, but bringing in a guy who hasn't played  in 9 years and now will try a new position. 

Cowherd said that the locker room may frown on this because it takes away a job from a legitimate player.

Anyway, I'm sure the media will like it as it's a good story tebow & meyer reuniting not far from gator land. 

I think you will be surprised and see that he makes the team and actually contributes

I dont expect elite, but the guy is extremely athletic and has all the tools to be a TE in the NFL

We will see

13 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

It's too bad that NFL G-league busted out last year because the Jags would be a solid .500 team if they played in it. What an absolute joke. Urban Meyer will 'retire' in two years because of 'health concerns' and in four years he'll be the head coach at LSU or some crap. 

You may end up being right, but after many head coaching stints he is yet to fail

Tebow is trying to make the jags as the 3rd string TE and FB.   That’s it.   He’ll play situationally.  

I don’t see Meyer keeping him if TT doesn’t out right win the job.   I don’t see them keeping the guy just to sell tix, (though it certainly won’t hurt).   I think the locker room would tell Meyer he’d be making a mistake keeping Tebow if he’s not good enough.  

I wish the the kid luck.   I hope he’s does well, except twice a year.   

3 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think you will be surprised and see that he makes the team and actually contributes

I dont expect elite, but the guy is extremely athletic and has all the tools to be a TE in the NFL

We will see

I don't agree  about him being extremely athletic and having the tools, especially after a 9 year absence. BUT I DO highly expect him to make the team and contribute.

I'm looking forward to seeing how 'Divine Intervention' plays it's hand.

:D

20 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think TE is the easiest position for an athlete to transition into in the NFL.  Tebow has the size and the knowledge of the game, so he has a good start.  I expect he'll catch 22 balls for around 150 yards as the 3rd TE.

On 5/12/2021 at 4:49 PM, jvan1973 said:

Not gonna argue there. Wonder how many of those sales will be in London this year.

Look I always did like Tebow. Great human being and I liked how raw he was as a talent. Hard to frown on guts. But the bottom line here is this is nothing more than a shameless publicity stunt. If they picked him up 6-7 years ago I wouldn't be so critical of it.

What I don't like here is how we are mixing parables. I am in no way questioning or bashing Tebow's value as a human being, his work ethic or his character. I've always been a fan. A more simplistic example of this and a personal one is my grandfather. One of the most intelligent business men I have ever had the privilege of spending time with, but the guy ain't going near my kitchen because he would find a way to burn water. 

Bottom line here is all Khan cares about is money and this just puts an exclamation point on my earlier statements concerning his motives.

On 5/12/2021 at 9:08 AM, RollerColt said:

I don't have any ill will towards Tim. Great guy, fantastic leader, and very entertaining to watch usually. I'm reserved on how he'll do from a football standpoint, but that's more due to his lack of experience (1 snap as a TE, I believe?). He's certainly athletic enough. And he's one heck of a story. 

He'll probably bring in tickets to Jacksonville for the big Florida fans to see their old hero play ball in his home state, which is good business for Meyer and Co.

Well said. Tebow is a great guy and much beloved. He is a nice and principled guy. I got to see him for four or five years in the Mets farm system. I believe the Mets signed him to get fans to come to the minor league games (in other words, to make money). I don't think they ever expected him to play in the big leagues. He did not play well. Saying that does not mean that I dislike Tebow, the person. In fact, when we (the Mets) signed him, I was pleased and hoped he would make the club. 

Tebow is a great guy and I wish him the best. If he makes the team and contributes on the field, it would be a great story. But, as others have mentioned, he would not have been given this opportunity if he was Matt Leinart, Eric Crouch or Troy Smith or almost anyone else who has not played in the NFL in over 6 years.  (I mention those guys because they excelled in college but not in the NFL.)

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Well said. Tebow is a great guy and much beloved. He is a nice and principled guy. I got to see him for four or five years in the Mets farm system. I believe the Mets signed him to get fans to come to the minor league games (in other words, to make money). I don't think they ever expected him to play in the big leagues. He did not play well. Saying that does not mean that I dislike Tebow, the person. In fact, when we (the Mets) signed him, I was pleased and hoped he would make the club. 

Tebow is a great guy and I wish him the best. If he makes the team and contributes on the field, it would be a great story. But, as others have mentioned, he would not have been given this opportunity if he was Matt Leinart, Eric Crouch or Troy Smith or almost anyone else who has not played in the NFL in over 6 years.  (I mention those guys because they excelled in college but not in the NFL.)

It is reasonable that Meyer would let him try out.   They have a personal connection.  It's still up to Tebow to prove himself.   He has the size and is in great shape.   He knows the game of football and would be a good locker room presence.  TE is the position that has had many former basketball players thrive.  I think Tebow could be a valuable 3rd TE for the Jags.  

I can see why people may be irked by this.  33 year old has been out of the league for years and was Not good at TE when he was in the league.

This will make headlines but little to no impact on the field, i dont really like it myself 

11 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

I can see why people may be irked by this.  33 year old has been out of the league for years and was Not good at TE when he was in the league.

This will make headlines but little to no impact on the field, i dont really like it myself 

Personally I am rooting for him to succeed.    I think the odds are low but hopefully he is successful.  

He's got size and is in great shape.   

Trey Burton weighed in:

Trey Burton, who won a Super Bowl with the Philadelphia Eagles and spent the 2020 season with the Indianapolis Colts, couldn’t understand the heightened scrutiny.

"I don't understand the outrage," Burton, a free agent, told ESPN. "There are 90 [roster] spots. If they want to bring someone in, why not? A lot of teams take fliers on guys from various backgrounds every year."

Burton played at Florida from 2010 to 2013 and initially came into the program as a quarterback under Urban Meyer, who is now a coach for the Jaguars. He transitioned to running back for two years before playing as a wide receiver during his senior season.

Burton said it was Meyer who convinced him to switch positions. He added that it’s not going to be easy for Tebow to switch positions.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/outrage-tim-tebow-jaguars-tight-end-misplaced-trey-burton

58 minutes ago, Myles said:

Personally I am rooting for him to succeed.    I think the odds are low but hopefully he is successful.  

He's got size and is in great shape.   

Trey Burton weighed in:

Trey Burton, who won a Super Bowl with the Philadelphia Eagles and spent the 2020 season with the Indianapolis Colts, couldn’t understand the heightened scrutiny.

"I don't understand the outrage," Burton, a free agent, told ESPN. "There are 90 [roster] spots. If they want to bring someone in, why not? A lot of teams take fliers on guys from various backgrounds every year."

Burton played at Florida from 2010 to 2013 and initially came into the program as a quarterback under Urban Meyer, who is now a coach for the Jaguars. He transitioned to running back for two years before playing as a wide receiver during his senior season.

Burton said it was Meyer who convinced him to switch positions. He added that it’s not going to be easy for Tebow to switch positions.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/outrage-tim-tebow-jaguars-tight-end-misplaced-trey-burton

he tried TE in the league and wasnt any good at it.

This is purely to sell tickets and generate buzz, there are more deserving guys out there from a football perspective 

tebow mania is bigger than him actually earning this

32 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

he tried TE in the league and wasnt any good at it.

This is purely to sell tickets and generate buzz, there are more deserving guys out there from a football perspective 

tebow mania is bigger than him actually earning this

I wasn't aware they he had attempted TE before.   Which team?   

It's more a favor from Meyer.   It's about who you know.  There are people (players, coaches and staff) who are less deserving than others.   It's the way it is.  

He's gonna have to earn it to make the team.  

Lawrence is excited to have Tebow on the team.

He looks great," Lawrence said on the AP Pro Football Podcast. "He's just a guy that you want to be around. Character is awesome. Had a few conversations with him and I can already tell, and [he's] just a hard worker. No one is going to work harder than him. Those are the kind of guys you want in your locker room and you want to be around every day. And then I'm excited to see what he can do on the field as well. We got in a few days and he looks great. He's in awesome shape."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31515018/jacksonville-jaguars-trevor-lawrence-says-tim-tebow-guy-want-around

Archived