Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many of you would trade Wentz, #21, and a 2023 2nd for Rodgers?   The compensation will be fascinating with Rodgers’ determination to sit out rather than return.   (Not going t

Bro, I'm not telling you how to do your job, or how you should have done your job. I'm pretty sure I am not harboring any illusions about how certain media outlets operate because I have also worked i

No, no it wouldn't lol

Me thinks part of this fake QB shuffle talk is driven by media exaggeration. 

 

The guys who have been moved are the guys the teams wanted to move....like always....and not the guys who want the teams to move them.

 

Rodgers can just retire if he doesn't want to play for GB.  I don't care for players who talk about quitting their team but still want to play football.   Wilson raised some points, but he never went that far.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not always all about players demanding trades but in some situations I don't blame the player. This is one of them. I hope Rodgers gets his wish.

 

It's crazy how the Packers haven't invested much in their offense. Going all the way back to 2012 all of their first round picks have been on defense except for Jordan Love! They haven't taken a receiver in the first three rounds for like 6 years. It's not like they put together some lights out defense either.

 

Just seems like there are reasons for him to be frustrated and it's time to move on. If I was one of the best players at the most important position that situation in Green Bay isn't one I'd want to be in at the end of my career. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2021 at 5:42 PM, BlackTiger said:

I'm sure some will say it.  I've been reading on Facebook and reddit and so far there a lot less of the " he needs to honor his contract" posts like DW got

Rodgers is absolutely, positively, a diva.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ar7 said:

I am not always all about players demanding trades but in some situations I don't blame the player. This is one of them. I hope Rodgers gets his wish.

 

It's crazy how the Packers haven't invested much in their offense. Going all the way back to 2012 all of their first round picks have been on defense except for Jordan Love! They haven't taken a receiver in the first three rounds for like 6 years. It's not like they put together some lights out defense either.

 

Just seems like there are reasons for him to be frustrated and it's time to move on. If I was one of the best players at the most important position that situation in Green Bay isn't one I'd want to be in at the end of my career. 

But Stafford was in that situation and did it with more class.  Wentz may have too.  It seems like Rodgers, and others, try to discuss such things by sending messages through their posse so that the team hears it indirectly.  Maybe not.  

 

I think both Stafford and Wentz wanted out, but I see them doing it in a quiet professional way where that discussion takes place internally.  Of course, the team has to be cool with the QB moving on too.  

 

Just seems like Rodgers is trying to use some sort of public humiliation leverage by essentially calling his bosses out as being incompetent roster managers.  I find that tactic to be not a good look for the player.

 

To the extent any of this was real and he wasn't just trying to mess with the FO on draft day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what the Packers are waiting for. This is the best time to trade Rodgers coming off his MVP season. They will get a haul and a half for him and they already have his replacement in Love.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2021 at 3:51 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A lot of it has to do with Rodgers resume, he has won a SB. Not only that the Packers slapped him in the face by drafting Jordan Love last year instead of a WR to help him out. Wilson is another example of people not saying he needs to honor his contract either, he said he wanted out of Seattle a couple of months ago and he got not back lash. He has won a SB as well. Watson hasn't won anything and he just signed a huge contract on his own free will. I said at the time when Watson signed that contract it was a huge mistake that Houston will never win anything, he seen dollar signs and it was over.

I think the real reason wants out of Texas is because of all these allegations. I think Watson knew it was going to blow up; he knew thee allegations were coming. It had to as he was being serviced by like 40 women.Sure, he gets traded to another team he still has to deal with all the crap. That being said. He probably thought it would be easier to deal with in Denver.  The whole state of Texans probably wants Watson gone. He goes to Denver and they don't care about his crap. They just think superbowls. Just win baby that's what it is all about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2021 at 7:22 AM, DougDew said:

Me thinks part of this fake QB shuffle talk is driven by media exaggeration. 

 

The guys who have been moved are the guys the teams wanted to move....like always....and not the guys who want the teams to move them.

 

Rodgers can just retire if he doesn't want to play for GB.  I don't care for players who talk about quitting their team but still want to play football.   Wilson raised some points, but he never went that far.

Rodgers is  the rare case where I kind of side with him. Not one 1st rounder has been spent on an offensive player during his tenure.  They continually draft 1st rounders on defense with no results. He goes into the playoffs and it is all on him. At least Manning was afforded numerous 1st rounders. The only 1st rounder they pick is a qb and that is after going 13 and 3. They never consulted him. U go 13 and 3 and u add players that can help u win now. If that is Trevor Lawrence sliding and u trade up for him in the 1st round, I get it. Yes I was exaggerating. Last I said Love was a 2nd rounder at best when fans here wanted him at pick 13. Rodgers has been the reason for Green Bays success. That's why I think he is the most talented qb ever. No one has done more with so little support from the front office as he has.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Rodgers is  the rare case where I kind of side with him. Not one 1st rounder has been spent on an offensive player during his tenure.  They continually draft 1st rounders on defense with no results. He goes into the playoffs and it is all on him. At least Manning was afforded numerous 1st rounders. The only 1st rounder they pick is a qb and that is after going 13 and 3. They never consulted him. U go 13 and 3 and u add players that can help u win now. If that is Trevor Lawrence sliding and u trade up for him in the 1st round, I get it. Yes I was exaggerating. Last I said Love was a 2nd rounder at best when fans here wanted him at pick 13. Rodgers has been the reason for Green Bays success. That's why I think he is the most talented qb ever. No one has done more with so little support from the front office as he has.

I get it.  And I certainly haven't followed the drama on both sides since the beginning.  The article seems to say its about drafting Love, but its probably been lingering for a while. based upon past rumors 

 

This is what I remember.

 

Shortly after he signed his contract, he floated the idea that he wasn't going to play through it to the end.  Not a problem.  Players like him get old and want  to retire.  But if I'm GB, I'm protecting myself against that day when he just pops into the office as says I'm done. 

 

I see his own words about possible retirement as being the catalyst for drafting Love....now he seems to be complaining that they drafted Love. 

 

Also, I think he made some rumored comments about not being happy with Mike McCarthy as HC, and GB seemed to accommodate him by firing MM.  Not that they didn't want to, but it seems like GB didn't really do anything that I wouldn't expect a team to do given the circumstances.  I don't think they are an evil player here.

 

But I understand the idea of wanting better offensive players and not getting them, especially those years where he seemed to be running for his life.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Rodgers is upset this all got out. But he keeps telling random people he wants out. He should of kept his mouth shut until everything was worked out. He looks really bad here. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DougDew said:

I get it.  And I certainly haven't followed the drama on both sides since the beginning.  The article seems to say its about drafting Love, but its probably been lingering for a while. based upon past rumors 

 

This is what I remember.

 

Shortly after he signed his contract, he floated the idea that he wasn't going to play through it to the end.  Not a problem.  Players like him get old and want  to retire.  But if I'm GB, I'm protecting myself against that day when he just pops into the office as says I'm done. 

 

I see his own words about possible retirement as being the catalyst for drafting Love....now he seems to be complaining that they drafted Love. 

 

Also, I think he made some rumored comments about not being happy with Mike McCarthy as HC, and GB seemed to accommodate him by firing MM.  Not that they didn't want to, but it seems like GB didn't really do anything that I wouldn't expect a team to do given the circumstances.  I don't think they are an evil player here.

 

But I understand the idea of wanting better offensive players and not getting them, especially those years where he seemed to be running for his life.

Could u imagine if Rodgers would have had thr support like Manning, Brady, Brees and Big Ben had? We r talking multiple championships.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Could u imagine if Rodgers would have had thr support like Manning, Brady, Brees and Big Ben had? We r talking multiple championships.

 

GB took two picks to draft Love.  Maybe they would have gotten him more help with those two picks if they didn't feel like they had to protect themselves from a sudden retirement that he floated.  But I agree the previous years were kind of a mess.  

 

In the end, with all of the help the Colts got PM, he still only won one SB here.  Brees too.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Packers draft last year was just terrible.  Took Jordan Love via a trade up.  Second round pick was RB AJ Dillon.  That pick may have not been so bad, but by resigning Aaron Jones to a big contract makes it just flat out terrible pick last year.  Third Round pick was a shaky TE prospect.  
 

Bottom line, it looked terrible at the onset and has only looked worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, they are predicting it would take allot to trade for Rodgers.   3 firsts plus.

 

They used the Broncos and Raiders:

 

QB Drew Lock, 2022 first-rounder, 2023 first-rounder, 2024 first-rounder, 2022 second-rounder, 2023 third-rounder

WR Courtland Sutton, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second

OG Graham Glasgow, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second, 2023 second

OLB Von Miller, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second, 2023 fifth

 

QB Derek Carr, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first

WR Henry Ruggs III, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second, 2023 fourth

DE Maxx Crosby, S Johnathan Abram, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 third

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-trade-rumors-potential-broncos-raiders-packages-to-acquire-star-packers-quarterback/

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FicmanS said:

I sure would take a run at Roger's, AR on THIS team...   Imagine that for a few minutes

 

 

Would you give up:

QB Carson Wentz, 2022 first-rounder, 2023 first-rounder, 2024 first-rounder, 2022 second-rounder, 2023 third-rounder

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Myles said:

Would you give up:

QB Carson Wentz, 2022 first-rounder, 2023 first-rounder, 2024 first-rounder, 2022 second-rounder, 2023 third-rounder

Week No GIF

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let him freeze in The Tundra, cold and alone with no one to listen to his "drama queen" charade, except for "Jake From State Farm" and his occasional friend Mahomes. :) 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2021 at 7:15 PM, GoColts8818 said:

This could turn out where Rodgers retires and Packers just hold his rights.

 

Appears so.

 

"Gutekunst told Peter King for Football Morning in America that the only call he got came after the draft day reports that Rodgers could be traded. Gutekunst says he shut that conversation down quickly."

 

“I had no [trade] discussions with any team. I received one call from a team Thursday night, after all the news came out. I said no. That was the end of the conversation,” he said.

 

"San Francisco General Manager John Lynch has acknowledged that the 49ers contacted the Packers about Rodgers."  And their discussion ended abruptly.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Myles said:

Would you give up:

QB Carson Wentz, 2022 first-rounder, 2023 first-rounder, 2024 first-rounder, 2022 second-rounder, 2023 third-rounder

Sarah Burke No GIF by asianhistorymonth

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is always the very slim chance things settle down over the summer, and Rodgers returns in August/September to play anyway.  But a trade (at least right now) seems very unlikely.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If Rodgers really wants to play again, he should do one of the following:

 

- Take the huge pay day Green Bay is offering and play ball

- Force a trade to a ready-to-win team.   The Broncos are not ready to win.   He should insist on the Browns.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pat McAfee talked about this on his show last week (NSFW language):

 

Essentially, there wasn't any actual information that came out that Rogers wanted out of GB, Schefter just put some pieces together where Rogers had been not happy with the organization and constructed his own personal conclusion that Rogers wanted out of GB. To me, it's just irresponsible journalism on Schefter's part.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Shive said:

Pat McAfee talked about this on his show last week (NSFW language):

 

Essentially, there wasn't any actual information that came out that Rogers wanted out of GB, Schefter just put some pieces together where Rogers had been not happy with the organization and constructed his own personal conclusion that Rogers wanted out of GB. To me, it's just irresponsible journalism on Schefter's part.

 

Par for the course pretty much everywhere these days, no?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2021 at 8:10 PM, chad72 said:

Falcons reunion of Matt Ryan and Matt Lafleur in Green Bay and Falcons give up two more first rounders to land Rodgers #Shocker :) 

I realize I'm quoting an old post but the Falcons are way too cap strapped to move Ryan before June 1, and even if they did it then they would still be over by 4.5M this year. Ryan is not budging off that contract either. Don't blame him, so they have to make another move regardless if that is even a discussion. Atlanta are pretty much married to that contract through the 2022 season, so anyone who was speculating they use the 4th overall pick to get a QB was delusional.

 

On 5/1/2021 at 8:28 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

Rodgers is  the rare case where I kind of side with him. Not one 1st rounder has been spent on an offensive player during his tenure.  They continually draft 1st rounders on defense with no results. He goes into the playoffs and it is all on him. At least Manning was afforded numerous 1st rounders. The only 1st rounder they pick is a qb and that is after going 13 and 3. They never consulted him. U go 13 and 3 and u add players that can help u win now. If that is Trevor Lawrence sliding and u trade up for him in the 1st round, I get it. Yes I was exaggerating. Last I said Love was a 2nd rounder at best when fans here wanted him at pick 13. Rodgers has been the reason for Green Bays success. That's why I think he is the most talented qb ever. No one has done more with so little support from the front office as he has.

I agree with Rodgers about 1 thing. Not getting the ball on the goal line in the NFC Championship game with a chance to win it.

 

Other than that, this whole thing is just ridiculous. They took comments about him being uncertain about his future way out of context and piled that on with him voicing frustration about not getting the ball on the goal line. Now we have Schefter admitting he didn't have anything new to go on when he dropped the bomb on draft day. Just an accumulation of ... rumors? speculation? Every pro athlete at that age starts having thoughts about the future. Why should Rodgers be any different?

 

What gets me is, how did San Francisco end up on this mystery list of teams he'd want to be traded to? Because he's from there and went to Cal? I mean this is after the 9ers gave up a boatload of picks to move up to 3 to take a QB. You Telling me they did that because they had their eyes on Kyle Pitts the whole time? lol. Yeah like they were gonna have anything to offer for Rodgers when this line of nonsense hit the airwaves.

 

Oh wait what about Denver? That was another team. Well wait does this make any sense? He wants to go there because he thinks he has a better chance to win there? Wait huh? Green Bay was in the NFCCG last year and Denver was... 5-11. Oh yeah that makes sense. LOL. Nah. Denver is the team left with the biggest question mark at their answer to the QB position. That's how it ended up on this mystery list, someone pulled out of their analytics magical hat and floated it out there like a fart in church. 

 

I think this has all been like click bait and trolling from the start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 3:55 PM, chad72 said:

Let him freeze in The Tundra, cold and alone with no one to listen to his "drama queen" charade, except for "Jake From State Farm" and his occasional friend Mahomes. :) 

Chad I think the media is blowing this out of proportion. I don’t think this is as bad as they are making it out to be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Positions that are clear (real and perceived) QB1, X-WR, RB1, APB, RT, RG, C, LG, 3T, NT, CB1 (Rhodes), NB (Moore), WILL, TE1 and TE2.   The rest, have some element of fog (real or perceived) IMO.   Offense QB2 - If Eason is clearly #2, not sure whey we waste a draft pick on another QB. I didn't get it then, and not now lol. Z - Hilton his aging. Pretty clear the plan when drafting Campbell was that he would gradually work outside. Slot - PC is the obvious guy if healthy, but if he is healthy, and they start moving him outside, we still have questions.  LT - Fisher is clear if he returns to form. If not, a lot of fog. TE3 - Granson is a wildcard but assuming they want to use him as a move-slot-TE like they tried to use Burton. Not really a true TE   Defense L and RDE - time share here. There are several rotations I can see here, and likely won't be set early. MIKE - Oke is the clear leader, but there will be a lot of eyes on his run D. A time share here would not shock me. SAM - we don't use it a lot, so who knows. I could even see Oke playing SAM and Franklin handling MIKE on those SAM downs. LB Depth - who knows. Will we ever see Speed emerge? CB2 and CB Detph - RYS vs Carrie vs Tell vs Rogers. Nothing would surprise me. FS - Blackmon needs to take a big step forward in deep coverage. If not, I could see a rotation here. SS - Willis is very solid, but I could see him getting pushed by Shawn Davis.  
    • I think the QB position is a little unique in terms of depth expectation and planning.  And it depends on your expectations of the team.  See below in my response to CR91 for more.   Not sure I understand. How was letting Walker go an "answer".      Couple points here...  Hoyer's loss vs Miami was 99% on Reich. After Hoyer played pretty well vs Pitt (coming in cold) in which he had 3 TDs / 1 INT and completed 65% of passes, Reich chose to 1) not practice Hoyer with the 1s leading up to the Miami game, and 2) chose to throw it all over the school yard (around 40 attempts) vs a team that was horrible vs the run. Just super bad game plan and prep. I agree that a pricey vet QB, or spending much on a backup QB in general is pretty much a waste. That is, unless you are a true SB contender going into the year (and can afford it). I've always felt if your starting QB goes down for the year, might as well accept things and embrace a higher draft pick come next draft. It's extremely rare to go deep with a backup. Even Foles wasn't seen as a high end backup. He was just off a cheap one year deal, and was contemplating retirement. He came back to Philly for a moderate deal, which most thought was even too much. That was purely luck. Just my opinion, but I like riding out Eason and trying to develop him along the way. And trade him (if he's not in contention for starting job) later if you can get picks, or keep him if he's decent and cheap. I, like you, like what the Pats do most years.
    • I don’t think a decision can be made until the preseason when we all see if Eason can play.  There are guys out there like Barkley, who can get you through a game or two in a pinch.  From what I read the Bears will probably keep Foles simply because his contract makes it easy for them   But my point was that it’s interesting that most of of aren’t really concerned about the backup QB even though it’s the position that we have least experience.  
    • Not saying we're going to be horrible vs the run, just saying we have a lot of new pieces. I'm honestly not sure Paye will even be in on early run downs at this point. Could be Lewis and AQM, or Lewis and Rochell. We all know Buckner is a monster, but beyond that, just not sure. Grover is good, but not great. I'd love to see him continue to develop. He's only in on early downs most sets though.   But yes, if we fail in that area, our D could be scary bad. I'm just hoping Blackmon learns to cover deep, RYS is healthy and returns to 2H 2019 form, Rhodes has a few more years left, and Kenny stays healthy. I expect Willis will be his solid self. I expect a shaky start to the season though.
  • Members

    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 10,827

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • holeymoley99

      holeymoley99 640

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 5,638

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsfan77

      coltsfan77 29

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • rock8591

      rock8591 565

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jared Cisneros

      Jared Cisneros 4,179

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Coltsfan1953

      Coltsfan1953 121

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mr.NotSoCreative

      Mr.NotSoCreative 282

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nate!

      Nate! 249

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nadine

      Nadine 6,816

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...