Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, krunk said:

I didnt see Oweh coming for them but when you look at how fast he is and how they drop their backers in coverage it makes more sense.

I don’t think they drafted Oweh to go backwards in coverage.   I think they want that 4.4 speed going forward toward the quarterback.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t think they drafted Oweh to go backwards in coverage.   I think they want that 4.4 speed going forward toward the quarterback.

Thats obvious but his speed also allows them to do some creative stuff when they do drop him in coverage bc you know they are for sure. It comes with that scheme. I think they looked at all the different things they could do with him as a whole. They will probably deploy him like Jamie Collins at times.

31 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He spends money on the ones his football guys ask him to spend on. He doesn’t make player decisions like Jerry Jones, far from it. His GM Caldwell might need a fresh look regarding the requests he brings to the owner.

Jerry is his own GM too, not the case with Khan.

I understand Chad and I don't mean to offend your personal sensibilities. I just look at how he presents himself it reminds me of a carpet bagger. Spare me the clown act dude. With the exception of their inaugural year and their playoff run a couple years ago, the team is a perennial basement dweller and there is a revolving door in the stadium. Maybe a more apt comparison would have been the Jets. Some owners hire people to do what they want and others hire people to do what is needed.

My thing with charity, that's wonderful and all, but your first loyalty should be to the fans who pay through the nose to buy the product being placed in front of them. Any money you're giving to charity or community outreach was someone else's money first. I mean write up a playbill and tell me about this wonderful philanthropy while you soak up that limelight you get every year because there's always a top player associated with your name this time of year, because your team is always awful. It's pretentious as hell. Are we here to sell t-shirts so we can donate more money to your favorite cause or are we here to win football games and make our fans happy?

Below are my notable OT's still on the board (in my top 150).

31. OT, Walker Little, Stanford
33. OT, Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame
37. OT, Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State
41. OT, Dillon Radunz, NDSU
44. OT, Samuel Cosmi, Texas
54. OT, Jackson Carman, Clemson
61. OT, Brady Christensen, BYU
86. OT, Stone Forsythe, Florida
101. OT, Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa
142. OT, James Hudson, Cincinnati
144. OT, Brenden Jaimes, Nebraska
145. OT, Jalen Mayfield, Michigan
150. OT, Alaric Jackson, Iowa

Just now, krunk said:

Now i wonder if we will draft another DE at some point or possibly bring back Houston to go along with the other guys we have.

I think there is going to be a run on those tackles... We should probably take one at 54. I would look at Shaka Toney or Malcolm Koonce in the 4th or 5th though. 

16 minutes ago, krunk said:

Thats obvious but his speed also allows them to do some creative stuff when they do drop him in coverage bc you know they are for sure. It comes with that scheme. I think they looked at all the different things they could do with him as a whole. They will probably deploy him like Jamie Collins at times.

If I’m not mistaken...   Oweh is somewhat new to football.   He’s learning the game.   If that’s true, I think learning how to do both — going forward and backward while you’re in the NFL is incredibly hard.   My hunch is that they might only ask him to do mostly pass rush his rookie year, and perhaps learn how to drop into coverage more his second year. 

Clearly I don’t know and I’m talkin out my rear end.   I’m just thinking out loud.  I just think Oweh is a work in progress, and I wouldn’t overload the kid in his rookie year.  

Just my two cents, and your mileage may vary....  

39 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He spends money on the ones his football guys ask him to spend on. He doesn’t make player decisions like Jerry Jones, far from it. His GM Caldwell might need a fresh look regarding the requests he brings to the owner.

Jerry is his own GM too, not the case with Khan.

The other thing I am going to say about my particular distaste for said person is that Jacksonville are the only team in the NFL that plays a home game in London every year. They were going to play two in London in 2020 before COVID hit. You going to tell me that this carpet bagging clown does this for the people of Jacksonville? How do you think say, Steelers fans would feel if Rooney decided to do that to them every year? There would be riots in North Side. Please.

Do you see this guy marching into Goodell's office campaigning to rotate the London games among the other 31 teams in the NFL in the spirit of "testing the London market"? No. I wonder why not. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that London has a slightly larger TV market than Jacksonville. I could be wrong here. But personally it just feels like this guy wants to run his team like a circus act. Maybe he can resurrect Barnum and Bailey's and rebrand the stadium so that people know what kind of product to expect.

In the order of my personal preference, I'd be good with any of these 6 OT's in the 2nd round:

Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame

Samuel Cosmi, Texas

Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State

Walker Little, Stanford
Dillon Radunz, NDSU
Brady Christensen, BYU

Spencer Brown is the guy who intrigues me.  100 RAS score and seems to be a really hard worker.  6’9”  

500 lb bench press

4.94 40 time

34.75 inch arms

31.5 inch vertical

Cosmi is a freak too, but Spencer is a larger freak.  Maybe it’s the small school competition that is moving him below the others.   Tommy Doyle and Brady Christensen are two other very athletic tackles.

1 hour ago, bigt said:

Spencer Brown is the guy who intrigues me.  100 RAS score and seems to be a really hard worker.  6’9”  

500 lb bench press

4.94 40 time

34.75 inch arms

31.5 inch vertical

Cosmi is a freak too, but Spencer is a larger freak.  Maybe it’s the small school competition that is moving him below the others.   Tommy Doyle and Brady Christensen are two other very athletic tackles.

6’9? Damn those poor knee joints when he bends down lol.

If we don’t take an OT today, and Ballard stressed last night we won’t force it....   but if we don’t, then the name everyone needs to focus on is.............

Eric Fisher, the former OT for Kansas City before he blew out his Achilles in the AFC Championship game in late January.  Perhaps he’d be ready to go by October or November? 

We could sign him as soon as next week and he wouldn’t count against the draft pick compensation formula. 

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

What I would be very happy with tonight is drafting Little at 54 and trading a pick for Ertz.  That would be a successful draft for me.

If Philly’s asking price comes down, you might just get your wish.    Perhaps a 6 instead of a 4?

Archived