Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Any one else a little concerned about what they are building in Jacksonville?  I think they are going to be a problem sooner than expected.

A few years ago, they had an A+ draft (Ramsey, Myles Jack, Ngakoue,...). They nearly went to the Super Bowl but just a few years later, they had the worst record in the league. So, you never know.

Jags offensive skill positions are potent. Lawrence at QB, Etienne and Robinson at RB, DJ Clark, Marvin Jones, and Lavishka Shenault at WR.

Not the best pick considering their needs, but adds a talented player.

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Most teams have at least 2 solid ones these days. It's a good move for them.  That offense is going to be scary before long.

No. That’s a terrible move for them lol.. they had a lot more issues then a backup rb.. especially in the  first round? No maybe in 3rd or 4th but not in the 1st lol

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I really want to see Ballard's press conference and hear his explanation why he took Paye over Darrisaw. It's going to take some convincing to get me to like this decision. We didn't trade down either. Wonder if there was something wrong with Darrisaw?

It could be the talk about his questionable effort and motor at times. I liked him, but I don't think we'll ever know why we passed on him.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

A few years ago, they had an A+ draft (Ramsey, Myles Jack, Ngakoue,...). They nearly went to the Super Bowl but just a few years later, they had the worst record in the league. So, you never know.

True but they didn't have a franchise QB back then.  I believe they found one now.  We will see though.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Was watching with friends. Pretty upset we didn't take Darrisaw honestly. I don't see a big difference between Paye and the other DE's. However, Paye is a scheme fit and we need an EDGE. I just can't fathom how we could pass on Darrisaw at 21. We better pray an OT falls to us in the 2nd round. It has to be position scarcity that made us choose Paye over Darrisaw.

Justin Houston plus question marks on Banogu plus we just couldn’t generate pressure without blitzing.

OL is a sum of parts and it’s not as top heavy like the weaker edge class with quality guys that can help us still available.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Unless you see a major run happening you stay patient 

Yes, I was just offering the value.

Not surprising though.  The OT class has holes in it, so most will go in round 2.  Radunz and Jenkins can be drafted as Gs now, considering teams went elsewhere with their first rounder.

11 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

True...though I'd be flabergasted if Cosmi was still there at 54.  Don't think Colts have enough ammo to move up in 2nd round to get him.  Cosmi probably goes late first or early 2nd round.  Radunz and maybe Little are a possibility at 54 in my opinion.

Honestly, I now think we will offer our 4 to move up.   And ill be fine with that.   Move up 5-6 picks and see if that makes a difference.  

If we get DE and LT right in this draft, and make another good luck with our 5, then I think that’ll be a very good draft.  

It may not be great or sexy or get a lot of great reviews but getting those two key spots right are everything for the Colts.  And that’s all that matters. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Honestly, I now think we will offer our 4 to move up.   And ill be fine with that.   Move up 5-6 picks and see if that makes a difference.  

If we get DE and LT right in this draft, and make another good luck with our 5, then I think that’ll be a very good draft.  

It may not be great or sexy or get a lot of great reviews but getting those two key spots right are everything for the Colts.  And that’s all that matters. 

And we got our QB with the third.  Edge, LT, and Qb.  Who really cares about the rest.

10 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

BTW, looking at what the Bears paid for Fields and how Mac dropped to NE....if the Colts wanted, they could have got a first round QB. 

Wentz was the bet, and this is Ballard trusting Frank Reich to the max. Wentz has done it before, here's hoping he does it again.

PAye is a good pick. 

Sure, but if they did, they’d have no Edge as the pick would have been traded.

6 minutes ago, Shive said:

Jags offensive skill positions are potent. Lawrence at QB, Etienne and Robinson at RB, DJ Clark, Marvin Jones, and Lavishka Shenault at WR.

Not the best pick considering their needs, but adds a talented player.

They have #33 and #45 to address other needs. Etienne wasn’t getting past BUF. 

Just wait til they draft Friermuth tomorrow. Completely new offense.

7 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

No. That’s a terrible move for them lol.. they had a lot more issues then a backup rb.. especially in the  first round? No maybe in 3rd or 4th but not in the 1st lol

Welp, I mean their owner looks like he should be on the side of a can of Pringles™ so what do you expect?

Just now, DougDew said:

Do you think Ballard's interest in Radunz is real?  And would we trade up to 49 to get him?

I think Ballard has real interest in...   someone.

Some left tackle.  I just don’t know who?    And it’s got to be more than one, because we’re far down enough in the round that we can’t count on one guy being there.   We have to have options. 

4 minutes ago, fatboy said:

Sure, but if they did, they’d have no Edge as the pick would have been traded.

Could have drafted one in the 3rd if they still had it. I think Fields on a rookie deal >>>> Wentz. But that is path they took...so whatever.

Brilliant move by Pace. After being laughed at all offseason...he gets one of the top QBs without giving up much and he keeps his job for a few years.

2 minutes ago, JoeThornburg said:

Welp, I mean their owner looks like he should be on the side of a can of Pringles™ so what do you expect?

Thats a terrible thing to say, man!!!

He has been very supportive of the Jaguars team, their community and gives full leeway for their operations. Their GM Caldwell has made a lot of questionable moves, add this to that.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think Ballard has real interest in...   someone.

Some left tackle.  I just don’t know who?    And it’s got to be more than one, because we’re far down enough in the round that we can’t count on one guy being there.   We have to have options. 

McGlinchey might still be in play,  SF picked up his option, but that doesn't matter, it would float to us.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He has been very supportive of the Jaguars team, their community and gives full leeway for their operations. Their GM Caldwell has made a lot of questionable moves, add this to that.

That's great and all. I respect that of course but I mean the moves that team makes remind me of like Jerry Jones Lite. There's business, community and then there's football and that's why we are all here at the end of the day. Football isn't just about showmanship and some owners seem to miss that point. He's definitely one of them.

Just now, chad72 said:

I don’t even see it as questionable. He was Lawrence’s RB and a tremendous threat in the passing game.

Etienne is just a stud RB prospect. They had (3) picks in the 25-45 range in addition to the generational QB prospect. Why not make a luxury pick. 

Just now, JoeThornburg said:

That's great and all. I respect that of course but I mean the moves that team makes remind me of like Jerry Jones Lite. There's business, community and then there's football and that's why we are all here at the end of the day.

He spends money on the ones his football guys ask him to spend on. He doesn’t make player decisions like Jerry Jones, far from it. His GM Caldwell might need a fresh look regarding the requests he brings to the owner.

Jerry is his own GM too, not the case with Khan.

Archived