Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeVonta Smith

First of all I know this topic will get so much hate because the lack of draft picks the colts have and knowing how edge and OT is a bigger need but I just got a gut that this scenario could play out. I think no one saw last year for the trade up for Taylor in the 2nd round. But DeVonta Smith reminds me of a scenario like last year.

I have a gut feeling if DeVonta Smith falls in the mid teens I could see this being the time Ballard trades up in the 1st. Not saying I want this to happen. I just know how everyone speaks so highly in Devonta and how much he loves football and his character is off the chart. Also in Ballard's press conference he said that he thinks there are 4-6 difference makers I wouldn't be surprised if DeVonta Smith is one of them and how he also referenced saying their not afraid of making the move up if that player is there.

You could say that about a lot of players projected to get drafted high, not just Smith.  I assume if any of those 6 players fall there is a possibility of a trade up.  Not sure who would be the most likely candidate though.  Maybe Darrisaw since it was reported the Colts virtual interviewed him several times.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

You could say that about a lot of players projected to get drafted high, not just Smith.  I assume if any of those 6 players fall there is a possibility of a trade up.  Not sure who would be the most likely candidate though.  Maybe Darrisaw since it was reported the Colts virtual interviewed him several times.

Agreed but DeVonta has been the one I've been seeing the most falling in mock drafts. I do agree with Darrisaw though. That could possibly be one as well

5 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

If he gets anywhere near us then I would be looking to move up. 

I would move up for 2 players; Ojulari or DeVonta. 

Ojulari will easily fall to 21. To trade up for him would be dumb. We're the first team that would be interested in him at 21. Devonta I agree though.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ojulari will easily fall to 21. To trade up for him would be dumb. We're the first team that would be interested in him at 21. Devonta I agree though.

I disagree 

Cowboys Giants Vikings Raiders and Dolphins could all take him

9 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I disagree 

Cowboys Giants Vikings Raiders and Dolphins could all take him

I disagree with most of those. Cowboys are going CB most likely, Giants are interested in Paye if anyone, Vikings are the one team that could, but they are probably going O-Line there, Raiders like a few LBers and O-Lineman, and the Dolphins are all over the place.

I haven't seen any mock drafts take Ojulari before 21 to the Colts and I've read 100s of them. We also don't have a 3rd this year. It would be a HUGE waste to trade up to take him. He'll probably make it, and if he doesn't, that opens up another O-Lineman or CB most likely.

Archived