Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.J. Carrie Interview

compuls1v3

18 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Not every game matters, otherwise the Colts would have had that 16-0 season back with Manning.

Oh ok, so because you said it you changed my mind. I'm gonna listen you instead of NFL player. Much post. 

31 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Not every game matters, otherwise the Colts would have had that 16-0 season back with Manning.

I think you actually proved his point.  The thought was that resting for the game was more important than winning that particular game, but the game of rest mattered greatly. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I love Carrie. If we didn't have Moore, IMO he'd be our starting NB, and be very good in our zone. 

Great flex depth guy.

I was truly relieved when the Colts re-signed him. He’s the insurance in case Rock fails to improve. 

1 minute ago, Hoose said:

I was truly relieved when the Colts re-signed him. He’s the insurance in case Rock fails to improve. 

He's just a great inside and outside depth guy. Better inside IMO. Honestly I'm not all that worried about RYS. Folks forget he was injured early and late last year, and in the middle, had some type of illness and operation (some suggest appendicitis which he returned quickly from). I'm more worried about concussions with him than him improving. I also think we'll see more Tell and Rodgers at CB this year on the outside. Really hoping Rodgers picked up some good weight without sacrificing speed, and hope Tell's progress is not set back too much with the opt out.

If both Tell and Rogers make the sophomore jump ( this will be Tell’s 2nd year in reality), the Colts will be in much better shape going forward. Both these guys are intriguing. But I’m still glad Carrie is on board to shore things up. I’m not as confident about the Rock as some. Hope he proves me wrong. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

He's just a great inside and outside depth guy. Better inside IMO. Honestly I'm not all that worried about RYS. Folks forget he was injured early and late last year, and in the middle, had some type of illness and operation (some suggest appendicitis which he returned quickly from). I'm more worried about concussions with him than him improving. I also think we'll see more Tell and Rodgers at CB this year on the outside. Really hoping Rodgers picked up some good weight without sacrificing speed, and hope Tell's progress is not set back too much with the opt out.

Yeah people forget the games missed Byb  rock last season. It probably did set him back. This is one reason we need OTA in person. He needs to work with the coaches as much as possible. But he wasn’t bad before he had the illness. You didn’t hear his name a lot.

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Yeah people forget the games missed Byb  rock last season. It probably did set him back. This is one reason we need OTA in person. He needs to work with the coaches as much as possible. But he wasn’t bad before he had the illness. You didn’t hear his name a lot.

He was playing top 10 CB grade wise the last half of 2019. He started 2020 with concussion, and ended 2020 with concussion. I think it was somewhere between week 11 and 12 when the who appendectomy thing happened. Combine all that time missed, gimpy, or going through protocol, on top of scheme tweaks we did last year. 

I'm concerned a bit with the concussions, but overall glad it's not other types of recurring injury. The weird thing to me is his grades said he played better in zone last year, and struggled in man. Strange because it was the opposite in 19, and he comes from a press man system. That maybe tells me he was thinking too much perhaps in man and trying too hard not to get called for PI. Hoping it comes together this year, and he can play faster and think less.

6 hours ago, That Guy said:

I think you actually proved his point.  The thought was that resting for the game was more important than winning that particular game, but the game of rest mattered greatly. 

He didn't prove his point though. I gurantee you there were players in that game who genuinely cared about their performance and the outcome of the game. So to say a game didn't matter is closed minded. 

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Only time will "Tell"  

ba dum tssss

......I'll see myself out 

9 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I think that's the issue with Rock, and I guess with a zone heavy scheme in general. If he's doing his job, you won't see him on screen and you won't hear his name called. So he can be doing his job all game and go completely unnoticed until he commits that one bad PI penalty and that's all you remember him for.

I'm not football-smart enough to be able to fully digest what's happening in a zone defense on a play to play basis at live speed, particularly when I'm watching from the broadcast angle, which rarely focuses on WR/CB matchups. I think the same can be said for a lot of people, so a lot of what Rock is doing well is getting missed.

10 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

He didn't prove his point though. I gurantee you there were players in that game who genuinely cared about their performance and the outcome of the game. So to say a game didn't matter is closed minded. 

My post was saying that he proved TJ Carrie's point that the game mattered.  I don't get what you're arguing here.

Archived