Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pick 54 Predictions

I think we're MORE likely to trade back at 54 than 21 --- mainly because I'm not sure any of the teams at the back of round one will have anyone they're jonesing for at 21.

IF we stick and pick at 54, the choice depends on which position we took in the first.

If we picked an OL, the I think a DE like basham or Payton turner.

If we went DE, then I think a T like Cosmi, Radunz or Little.

The wildcards are slipping CBs or WRs.

If they take Kwity Paye at 21, then they cross their fingers that Liam Eichenberg is available at 54.

If they traded from 21 and took an OT between 26 and 30, then I say they cross their fingers that Pat Freiermuth is available at 54.

(No, I doubt any of the better DE's will be left by the time we get to 54.)

I hope it's one of the following

1st round DE: Eichenberg in the 2nd.

1st round LT: Freiermuth or another high profile playmaker that dropped to the 2nd.

1st round trade back to late 1st/early 2nd for an additional early 3rd: DE 1st pick, Freiermuth or WR 2nd and Stone Forsyth/Brady Christensen early 3rd.

CB has a strong belief in player development.
 Paye or Newsome seem to have very high ceilings for pick 21.
  If not them my speculation is he will try very hard to trade back to one of the top 2-3 picks in rd 2.
 This to accumulate as much as he can get.
  I picture us signing a veteran LT. This would free us up to draft a CB, DE, and TE with our 1st 3 picks.

Trading back again from the top of rd two to get him where he wants to be sounds like a CB move for this draft. lol
    Draft day is a great day. I hope you Colts fans favor the work of CB and his draft team.

He drafts for the long haul!

• Shive changed the title to Pick 54 Predictions

I’m sticking with my Friermuth prediction. First, because I love what he brings to the table. Second, because I can’t wait for the chaos to ensue after they don’t draft some developmental OT.

I don’t think he will get past JAC...but I also didn’t think Paye would get to #21 either.

16 minutes ago, stitches said:

My bold prediction - Tommy Tremble :dunno:

When Ballard said that their are not many prototypical LTs in this draft, a few things come to mind.

He's going to take one of the few at 54, who would be flawed or a risk.  Could be Walker Little.

Or, he's already talked with SF to trade for McGlinchy, who is not the prototypical LT that we may have to settle for.

Its possible that he trades out of 54 and trades one of those two picks to SF and takes Tremble with the other.

That's my hope at this point.

On 4/28/2021 at 3:45 PM, danlhart87 said:

What do you think Ballard does in 2nd 

I say they get Paye DE at 21 then Spencer Brown or Dillon Radunz at 54

Well, Dan, your original prediction is looking pretty good.  I personally believe that Radunz was being badly undervalued by the draftniks and will be gone early today.  Bur Spencer Brown is looking pretty good.  I think that our moves to add Davenport and Tevi could be designed to carry us through the development of a raw LT prospect like Brown.

2 hours ago, stitches said:

My bold prediction - Tommy Tremble :dunno:

Thats a tough one.

I think Tremble is EXACTLY the type of player the Colts draft

With no 3rd round pick, and a GAPING hole at LT, its tough to see anything other than a OT

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thats a tough one.

I think Tremble is EXACTLY the type of player the Colts draft

With no 3rd round pick, and a GAPING hole at LT, its tough to see anything other than a OT

I agree, although I kind of got the impression that Ballard doesn’t view LT as a critical need as we do.

I get the feeling, he will play the board to be honest.

On 4/28/2021 at 2:45 PM, danlhart87 said:

Oh no Dan! You switched your pick of Paye in the first round in the Draft contest and could have been tied for the lead!! Dang! :argh:

On 4/28/2021 at 5:55 PM, DaColts85 said:

I have heard he is a guy GM’s are enamored with. Wonder how much Ballard and scout staff have looked into him. 

Stone Forsythe Is the prototypical specimen for an LT in the NFL (tall with long arms and big hands), but for some reason he is being projected as a guard or RT at best. Is he too tall?

Just now, Dr. T said:

Stone Forsythe Is the prototypical specimen for an LT in the NFL (tall with long arms and big hands), but for some reason he is being projected as a guard or RT at best. Is he too tall?

I just feel like the common go to with “experts” this year has been pushing the RT or Guard narrative and I highly disagree with it. I don’t see him being to tall for Tackle but definitely to tall for IOL to me. He does not have great foot speed or quickness but has good length. He is a project type more than plug and play. I think he has what you are looking for if you don’t mind letting him sit and learn for a year or two. For the Colts, we don’t have the time IMO. We are looking for a quicker transition. 

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

I would be over the moon excited if Cosmi fell to 54

Im hoping 1 of the 3. Im not that big on Radunz. The Brown kid is certainly big enough and seems agressive but im not up on him enough. I know he comes from a small school but did well in the Senior Bowl.  Maybe Tevan Jenkins is there at 54 but doubtful.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Im hoping 1 of the 3. Im not that big on Radunz. The Brown kid is certainly big enough and seems agressive but im not up on him enough. I know he comes from a small school but did well in the Senior Bowl.  Maybe Tevan Jenkins is there at 54 but doubtful.

I expect Jenkins to go top 5 picks in Round 2

Someone we could get too not OL is Baron Browning 

23 minutes ago, krunk said:

Im thinking Eichenberg or Cosmi. If not then Little.

I think Cosmi might be the guy for the Colts. Maybe Little but I just don't know where teams are with him not playing for like 2 years. Cosmi seems like he is, currently, the cleanest LT there. A lot of these other guys would be projections to move to LT.

A guy that has been growing on me that I wouldn't mind the Colts getting is Asante Samuel Jr. I would be surprised if he isn't taken well before 54 but I think he is going to be good in the NFL and is being undervalued because of his size. His size also makes it likely that Ballard would pass on him anyways but I think Asante could play outside in the Colts scheme. 

6 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I think Cosmi might be the guy for the Colts. Maybe Little but I just don't know where teams are with him not playing for like 2 years. Cosmi seems like he is, currently, the cleanest LT there. A lot of these other guys would be projections to move to LT.

A guy that has been growing on me that I wouldn't mind the Colts getting is Asante Samuel Jr. I would be surprised if he isn't taken well before 54 but I think he is going to be good in the NFL and is being undervalued because of his size. His size also makes it likely that Ballard would pass on him anyways but I think Asante could play outside in the Colts scheme. 

I dont think we will see a CB pick until rd 3( if we get a 3rd) or 4. I think what we see in rd 2 is OT or TE possibly. Theres some guys at MLB that i like but i think that also happens between RD 3 through 5. I do like Browning from Ohio State.

On 4/28/2021 at 3:45 PM, danlhart87 said:

No way they get paye :funny:

Good call,  :applause: who you pick in Kyntucky Derby? :funny:

I need a horse to key for 2nd, 3rd, & 4th in superfecta.... I'll put him under several win contenders for a 'mucho payoff' .:thmup:

1 hour ago, Dr. T said:

I haven’t seen guard or RT for Forsyth.  Just LT. 

Ive seen his pass blocking is NFL ready, but his run blocking is well below average.   “Leaves everything to be desired” was the expression.  

The pick will be someone that brings out at least one "what the hell is Ballard thinking?" post. 

I really, really, really hope, ............I fail at this predicting thing. 

But to answer the question, Hunter Long, TE....Or Jevon Holland, S. . 

I think Cosmi, Jenkins, and Eichenberg are gone by time the Colts pick.  

Without a trade up which is unlikely, Radunz or Little would be best case at 54. But there is a chance they go earlier too.

If there is a big run on OTs and Ballard really wants to take one tonight then maybe Jalen Mayfield or Jackson Carmon. Might be reaching a little with those guys but as of right now Colts don't have a 3rd round pick so if they are targeting any of them...this could be the time to take them. 

Otherwise, Ballard may opt to wait for Saturday to take Brady Christianson or D'Ante Smith and just go for best player available on their board tonight.  

Archived