Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pick 21 Predictions

14 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Make your final predictions 

Who does Ballard take at 21

I'm gonna say Kwity Paye

Azeez Ojulari at 21. Ballard loves him, and after listening to people like Bill Polian and George Bremer, I'm pretty much convinced he can play in a 4-3 scheme. Both have said he reminds them of Robert Mathis.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Azeez Ojulari at 21. Ballard loves him, and after listening to people like Bill Polian and George Bremer, I'm pretty much convinced he can play in a 4-3 scheme. Both have said he reminds them of Robert Mathis.

Where did you read or hear that Ballard loves Ojulari?    I haven’t seen that anywhere.   I think you may be the first to post that.

You may be right...   just curious as to your source.  

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Where did you read or hear that Ballard loves Ojulari?    I haven’t seen that anywhere.   I think you may be the first to post that.

You may be right...   just curious as to your source.  

I heard it a couple weeks ago honestly. I think Ballard said it himself, can't remember where. It may of been on one of his pressers or something. I know he did though. I'll try to find it.

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I heard it a couple weeks ago honestly. I think Ballard said it himself, can't remember where. It may of been on one of his pressers or something. I know he did though. I'll try to find it.

Did you hear from your friend again 

:sarcasm:

Here' a thought. I KNOW Ballard and Reich were at the Northwestern pro day. I THINK it was reported the were both at the Notre Dame pro day. I remember they both went to Q's Notre Dame pro day in 18. (Of course that's when we were picking at 3, not 21.)

But it's got to be worth paying attention to that Ballard attended 

That's why I think Newsome could be the guy if they stick at 21.

Tough question

My "gut" says that Darrisaw, Jenkins, and Paye are all gone by 21 - :(

If this is the case, we will trade, Cosmi is my pick 

He will be a very good LT, which is good enough for me

The 2nd pick will be dicey

We may have to give up a later pick to move to get a DE that we like in the 2nd

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It’s just my personal hang up but I don’t like trying these kind of position switches. 

1 hour ago, RNGDShobby said:

Justin Houston was predominantly a 3-4 OLB before moving here... 

yes but Houston got our system far more than Ojulari does. If we draft him it would be for the opposite side that Houston played for us. Plus Houston had better size and good production already. 

If both Paye and Jenkins are available at 21.........  WHAT A TOUGH Decision!

Paye!

If Pay is gone..... just grab Jenkins and be done with it

If Paye is selected I'm watching closely how the OTs fall in round 2

This is where I am trading UP to get a talent that we need......

Trade down and take ot in the early 2nd round(Cosmi, Eichenberg, Leatherwood, Jenkins, Radunz) there will be very good offensive tackles who are capable of playing left tackle available in picks 33-45. My bold prediction for this draft is Ballard will not take a de before round 5.

I wish we had a bit more freedom to go BPA here, but annoyingly, tackle is such a need. Unless Darrisaw falls, which he likely won't, it just feels like none of the other tackles are great value at 21. The boring thing is trade down and then pick anyone of the 5 or 6 tackles that seem to be graded around the same but who will want to play ball with us? The Saints maybe? They were rumoured for a trade up. 

The guy I keep thinking about is Phillips out of Miami. A realistic BPA pick at 21 in terms of his talent level that would also fill a pressing need at Edge. He's tantalizing. If he's there I would hope we seriously consider him but we don't seem like the type of team that would risk it on a guy with his kind of medical history. The problem is it's hard to think of anything else but tackle here cause we don't know who will be left at 54 and we have less ammo for a trade up in the 2nd than usual because of the Wentz deal. 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Depends how desperate they are if I am Ballard i would ask for 98 and 105 first

Possible if a QB like Mac Jones falls to 21 then can see a few teams make that offer of which NO, TB, Pittsburgh and maybe Packers.

• Shive changed the title to Pick 21 Predictions
25 minutes ago, wordofmouth said:

Cosmi.  And then we all feel that bitter/sweet reaction as we are releaved they got a quality LT but feel it was too high and that they could have traded back to get him. 

Even at 21 Cosmi would be worth it 

Archived