Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My PFF Mock Draft

I stayed fairly close to what they had as BPA for each pick.  With a couple of trades, I compiled the following draft.

Traded pick 21 to Green Bay for:  29, 92 & 135

29 - Tevan Jenkins OT OSU

54 - Elijah Moore WR Miss

Traded 92 to Tampa Bay for 95, 137 & 251

95 - Jamin Davis LB UK

127 - Kelvin Joseph CB UK

135 - Brady Christensen T BYU

137 - Tay Gowan CB UCF

165 - Benjamin St. Juste CB Minn

206 - Shaka Toney ED Penn State

248 - Patrick Jones II ED Pitts

251 - Drew Dalman C Stanford

3 minutes ago, joecolts said:

I stayed fairly close to what they had as BPA for each pick.  With a couple of trades, I compiled the following draft.

95 - Jamin Davis LB UK

I really like what I've seen from Jenkins.  He's a brawler.  But people who know a lot more about O-linemen think he's not a great prospect - good but not great.  I just love the way he pancakes and throws guys around.

Mocks are fun, and I learn a lot about guys in the lower tiers.  But they really are kind of worthless, besides that.

• Shive changed the title to My PFF Mock Draft
3 hours ago, joecolts said:

95 - Jamin Davis LB UK

137 - Tay Gowan CB UCF

I’m not going to be that person who says this or that person isn’t going in this or that round.  I never like those answers. Truth is, nobody knows and players “fall” unexpectedly every year. 

Jenkins would not be my first choice, but you have a lot of good players on that board. If Moore makes it to #54... WOW... I cannot see Ballard passing on him. I love the Shaka Toney, Brady Christensen, and Tay Gowan picks. 

If our draft went exactly like this, I think it would be a good draft. 

It would be interesting, because long term, I think Christiansen could win the nod over Jenkins at LT. 

4 hours ago, MPStack said:

Until CB is gone, I don’t think there will ever be another mock on the Forum without a trade.

Probably because having a trade in a mock where Ballard is the GM is more realistic than not having one

He's drafted atleast 8 players in all of his drafts and made multiple trades in all of his drafts...

Not sure why you point it out in every post

4 hours ago, joecolts said:

95 - Jamin Davis LB UK

137 - Tay Gowan CB UCF

Joe.....

I'm going to make some comments here.    They are not in any way, shape, or form, negative to you.    You didn't do anything wrong.     My comments are only pointed to these simulated mock games people are addicted to.

So....   here's what's wrong with this mock...

1.    This is the kind of mock that shows up before the combine when people don't know nearly as much.    This is NOT the kind of mock that shows up the week of the draft,  and yet here we are.

2.   So, based roughly on the consensus of various lists and mocks....

-- Jenkins is a top-30 player  

-- Moore is red hot and a top-40 player

-- Davis is a fast riser and a top-50 player

-- Joseph is a good corner and a top-50 player

-- Christensen is all over the map top-60 to top-100.

-- Gowan is a top-125 player, so not too far outside the range.

-- St. Juste is top-150, so not too far outside the range

-- Toney should be top-150 

-- Jones should be top-150.

-- Dalman should be top-175.

And you've got them all.    This kind of thing only happens in an alternate universe.   This is the prime example of why these games are so unreliable.    Not to be taken seriously.     Play them.    Have fun.    Enjoy yourself.    Just don't think the draft you create using their best recommendations is even close to reality.

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Joe.....

I'm going to make some comments here.    They are not in any way, shape, or form, negative to you.    You didn't do anything wrong.     My comments are only pointed to these simulated mock games people are addicted to.

1.    This is the kind of mock that shows up before the combine when people don't know nearly as much.    This is NOT the kind of mock that shows up the week of the draft,  and yet here we are.

And you've got them all.    This kind of thing only happens in an alternate universe.   This is the prime example of why these games are so unreliable.    Not to be taken seriously.     Play them.    Have fun.    Enjoy yourself.    Just don't think the draft you create using their best recommendations is even close to reality.

No disrespect taken.  Merely followed the mock as it unfolded.  Do I anticipate it occurring like this?  Absolutely not.  As you point out, there were really, really good players available in rounds that I DO NOT expect them to be during the actual draft.  If our draft unfolded this way, I’d drink a beer and be happy though 

5 minutes ago, joecolts said:

No disrespect taken.  Merely followed the mock as it unfolded.  Do I anticipate it occurring like this?  Absolutely not.  As you point out, there were really, really good players available in rounds that I DO NOT expect them to be during the actual draft.  If our draft unfolded this way, I’d drink a beer and be happy though 

Many thanks!    Appreciate you taking the post in the spirit it was intended.

And if the Colts draft turns out that good,  I'll drink a beer along with you --- and I don't even drink!!     :thmup:

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Joe.....

I don’t see it that way. 

Not every draft board is the same. For a lot of reasons. Some players will be on teams boards that are not on others. Might be medical, might be character, might be scheme fit, and so on...

My point is that fans see a consolidation of what’s available on the internet. Some fans do the work, but I have to admit that when I see a player ranked high on another Big Board, it makes me take a look at them too. NFL teams are not doing that. They have their own system. 

Therefore, it is very plausible that every player drafted by a team is ranked in their own top 100-150. I will go as far to say it is extremely likely. What that looks like to other Big Boards is irrelevant. 

Also take into consideration that not all players ranked in online top 150 prospects will even be drafted. Some will not. 

Just giving a different way to look at it; from the way I see things. 

18 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Jamin Davis will be drafted in the 1st

I cannot disagree.  I believe top of 2nd at the latest.  My draft was merely following the BPA as the board unfolded.  Players were where they were and I drafted them accordingly.  If Davis was there at 92 and we had that pick, I'd SPRINT to the podium to announce it!

54 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Here is mine. Here's to hoping this actually happens!

Only thing I would change is drafting DE Jordan Smith from UAB instead of Toney from Penn State.

pff_mock_results.png

I'd take that every day and twice on Sunday!  Don't see it happening but, MAN!  That would be a HAUL!

Archived