Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Trade Down Opportunity & Titans Draft plans

I'm a diehard Colts fan living in Titans Country in Nashville, and I've heard a little insight on what Jon Robinson and the Titans may be doing early in the draft. They are reportedly very high on WR Elijah Moore from Ole Miss, and they also have a high need at CB and would like to address that position early.

After listening to Robinson's pre-draft presser, he may have tipped his hand just a bit saying the depth is very good at WR this year, and that there is a drop-off at CB after the top tier  corners are off the board. A lot of local analysts believe the Titans will either draft a top CB like Newsome or Farley at 22, or try and trade back and still get Elijah Moore.

That being said, the Colts are picking one spot before the Titans where they could entice teams looking to acquire Elijah Moore at WR or one of the top CBs to move into the 21st overall spot to get that player before the Titans do. Could make for some potential leverage for the Colts for CB/WR needy teams. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I'm a diehard Colts fan living in Titans Country in Nashville, and I've heard a little insight on what Jon Robinson and the Titans may be doing early in the draft. They are reportedly very high on WR Elijah Moore from Ole Miss, and they also have a high need at CB and would like to address that position early.

After listening to Robinson's pre-draft presser, he may have tipped his hand just a bit saying the depth is very good at WR this year, and that there is a drop-off at CB after the top tier  corners are off the board. A lot of local analysts believe the Titans will either draft a top CB like Newsome or Farley at 22, or try and trade back and still get Elijah Moore.

That being said, the Colts are picking one spot before the Titans where they could entice teams looking to acquire Elijah Moore at WR or one of the top CBs to move into the 21st overall spot to get that player before the Titans do. Could make for some potential leverage for the Colts for CB/WR needy teams. 

A bit of good news.  I am all in favor of some good leverage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

A bit of good news.  I am all in favor of some good leverage.

I am all for the Bucs giving us their 1st and 2nd picks to go up and get Elijah Moore if they want him badly (AB is getting older after all). :thmup:

• Like 1

Joe Douglas said in the Jets' pre-draft press-conference that they've already done some preliminary work on a possible trade up in the draft. It's possible the Colts are one of the teams they've talked to if they want to move from 23 to 21 in front of the Titans for someone like Jenkins... or for a WR like Bateman... both of whom are a popular target for the Titans in mock drafts. 

So yeah... look for that... 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, krunk said:

What about the Titans love for Tevin Jenkins?

They like him but everything I’m hearing is that they are prioritizing CB and Elijah Moore early. If no CB they love is available at 22, and Moore is gone, I could then see them taking Jenkins at RT. 

• Like 1

An update...

Charles Robinson, Senior NFL reporter from Yahoo Sports, is saying the New Orleans Saints really like CB Caleb Farley, and fear the Titans may take him at 22. Perfect opportunity to get New Orlean's 1st and 2nd round picks in a trade down. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, stitches said:

Joe Douglas said in the Jets' pre-draft press-conference that they've already done some preliminary work on a possible trade up in the draft. It's possible the Colts are one of the teams they've talked to if they want to move from 23 to 21 in front of the Titans for someone like Jenkins... or for a WR like Bateman... both of whom are a popular target for the Titans in mock drafts. 

So yeah... look for that... 

Not likely to move up two spots just to jump the Titans I wouldn't think, but possible..... You'd get maybe a 4 for it ...

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

An update...

Charles Robinson, Senior NFL reporter from Yahoo Sports, is saying the New Orleans Saints really like CB Caleb Farley, and fear the Titans may take him at 22. Perfect opportunity to get New Orlean's 1st and 2nd round picks in a trade down. 

Would be too pricey for NO terms.

We are more likely to get 3rd and 4th. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BProland85 said:

An update...

17 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Would be too pricey for NO terms.

Agreed, but you never know.  It's doubtful though.

17 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

We are more likely to get 3rd and 4th. 

or possibly swap firsts, and get both of their compensatory 3rd round picks - at #98 and #105?  Nah, don't see that either.  Seems the #98 (3rd) and #133 (4th) is best fit, but not sure CB sees any value there. Depends upon his board and the grades.